Started again - a few questions

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Riesenraddieb
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Hello farmers! I'm new to this forum and I hope I can post a lot!

So a few days ago I stumbled over my ToT module and looked into my old file. I was at the first year so I started over and now I'm back at fall again and the farm is doing alright.
I just have a few questions I need a bit of clarification.

1. The mining nodes - I rembering to read somewhere taht it would be better to leave them for a few days befor hitting them again. But yesterday I just keep mining them everyday and got like 2-3 rounds per node. Even the ores themself seems to be okay-ish - gold ore still avoids me. So is it better to hit them everyday or just every two or three days?

2. The animal FC - I read on the guide page about the Chicken King Statue and the Flamingo one. But I don't know to much about FCs - haven't use any quality improving ones. So if I build the Chicken Statue where do I need to playce that thing? It says it has a radius of one block. Do this mean I need to put it right next to a barn to affect the entire building or do it only affect the animal when it walks nearby? x__x Last one would be horrible ... I can't tie my animals to some place, can't I?

3. Town Rank - Pretty easy. I read a few tips and skyrocket Lulukoko yesterday from C to B Lock within an ingame week. Maybe because of the heart events maybe through the shipping - used the Sashimi trick and shipped a lot of that stuff, so good!
Now only Tsuyu-I-can't-remember-it is at C rank but I also have the heart events with Yuzuki and Hinata to view. Is the affect of theses events a huge impact or should I just keep selling Sashimi to Tsuyu-I-can't-remember-the-rest? It's not that I don't want to see the events but I'm pretty tempted to just skipp them because my mind already settled down with Ludus XD"

I guess thats all?
For any spell- and/or grammar mistakes - please bare with me, English isn't my native language but I want to learn as much as possible.
And thanks for the help in advance!
Blue Bell
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Mining: first off, gold can only be gotten from the two grey, gravely looking nodes that need an upgraded hammer. The number of times you mine and what you get is randomized, but waiting 2 or 3 days makes it easier to get good rewards and more hits. I believe 5 hits is the cap. There is a noticeable difference when I wait, but you can still wait 3 days and get 2 hits with common ore. You can also stand in front of the node and save/reload until you get a good result.

I have never used special effect FCs, but for what it's worth: It looks like the area of effect is shown with big blue arrows as you place the farm circle, and I believe the one-square radius is the size of the actual chicken statue. As long as a pet house/ barn/ coop intersects with the arrow all animals inside should be affected.

Town rank: triggering events with villagers gives you a big increase to your link rank. I went from a C to a B in Tsuyukusa almost entirely from Yuzuki's love events, and 2 friend events finished the job. Friendship events are almost as good as heart events (I *think* heart events give you more), so if wooing the boys is difficult or uninteresting you can probably aim for other villagers and be fine.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yes, waiting increases your odds of getting the good stuff quite a lot. You always have the possibility of getting any stone that node has in it even if hitting it every day, but it the chance of getting higher level stuff decreases a great deal and the odds of getting junk like plain rock increases. Here is the probability sheet for mining, just to show how it changes if you mine every day as oppposed to every three days. It also shows what you have to have upgraded hammers for.
Riesenraddieb
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Okay so I need to think of a mining pattern I can remember xD Maybe on days ending with 3, 6 and 9... Something like that.
But thanks for the help and the Thonky link - I always forget Thonky... Always!