Tips for playing stress free?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Tink
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

So, I stopped playing months after release awhile back because I was stressing over playing because of all the characters to befriend and such. I would like to play again, but want to do so leisurely.

Are there any tips to not stress over the different towns? Focusing on one town a day for instance instead of running between all of them?
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

If I remember correctly, friendship status doesn't seem to go down in this game except if you're trying to do it on purpose, like when I was trying to break up with Ford. So you can take your time building up friendships and focus on your present goal, be it farming or wooing. Also, winning and participating in festivals gives everyone there a boost, as I have gained multiple hearts over time with characters I maybe spoke to twice. Oh, and part-time jobs help gain friendship too with little effort. Hope that helps!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yep. FP does not degrade from neglect. If you have 1000 FP with someone at the end of spring year one, and you don't ever talk to them again for an entire year, they will still have that 1000 FP. The only way to decrease FP is to give a present they dislike, or to litter. (Or pay Witchie to play pranks, but you can't do that accidentally.) The villagers DO all have 'neglect' dialogue, like they complain of not having seen you in forever...but it's just talk. Even if you see that dialogue, your FP with them has not decreased.

To me that pretty much takes ALL the pressure off, because warding off FP depreciation is the only reason you would *need* to go to each town every X-many days. Without that, you can go talk to or gift people at leisure, or just let FP raise via festivals, and not think about it.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I used to avoid people and their FP still raises. Yes you won’t lose FP.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

The only other thing I would add is if you still plan on trying to actively befriend the townsfolk, only worry about gifts on birthdays. That's something I did for my second run and it made things a lot easier. Just because you never have to worry about losing friendship it adds up WAY faster than you think it will in this game.

(The town a day thing worked for me too, so it might be worth a try since you can always dump it at any time.)