[resolved] possible to 100% this game without multiplayer?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Yuuya
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I saw an older post here where they couldn't find dace and skipjack in the NA copy. And that there's a whopper fish that will only appear if you caught all other fish before it.

I'd love to connect but my 3ds won't work with my wifi so I can't even get in the multiplayer island.

Or is there change in translation that I wasn't aware about?
Last edited by Yuuya on Mar 16, 2020 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

Most likely that was a translation change. Those two fish are not listed in my NA copy of Trio of Town, and I have the in-game trophy that indicates I've caught all the fish species available.

Multiplayer Island doesn't contain any unique fish :)
anissina
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

That might have been my post actually. I have caught ALL the kingfish. All of them. And yet, I'm missing 2 fish from my list. According to the lists on both this site and Thonky I'm missing dace and skipjack. Fogu says you can catch them in places that I have never been able to catch one but HAVE caught the kingfish in that same area. Which should be impossible. I still have no idea what's up and I still haven't been able to get that trophy.
The only place I haven't tried is the island, supposedly both fish show up there.
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

There was probably a translation change, as Dace and Skipjack don't appear on the fish lists at https://fogu.com/sos2/activities/fishing.html. The page on Fogu was built before the EN version was actually released, based on assumptions of the earlier translation in SoS1. I don't have an explanation for thonky though, sorry.

Maybe this will help? The list of fish in the game (at least the NA version) from the Farm Report menu are:
Conger Eel
Cherry Salmon
Sweetfish
Sardine
Char
Minnow
Moray Eel
Ray
Pale Chub
Sculipin
Bonito
Flounder
Bullhead Catfish
Grouper
Carp
Salmon
Mackerel
Needlefish
Pike
Crayfish
Mahi Mahi
Willowfish
Icefish
Pollock
Sea Bass
Sea Bream
Black-tip Fusilier
Beltfish
Seahorse
Loach
Flying Fish
Rainbow Trout
Three-Lips
Goby
Starfish
Sockeye Salmon
Halibut
Pufferfish
Crucian Carp
Black Bass
Bluegill
Whiptail
Mullet
White Bass
Honmoroko
Tuna
Trout
Ocean Sunfish
Killifish
Cherry Trout
Snakehead
Mackinaw
Smelt
Spear Squid
Firefly Squid
Octopus
Red Freshwater Crab
Blue Freshwater Crab
Spiny Lobster
Tiger Prawn
Lake Prawn
Freshwater Prawn
Marsh Shrimp
Steamer Clam
Horned Turban
Basket Clam
Oriental Clam
Scallop
Keiji Salmon
Arowana
Alligator Gar
Huchen
Catfish
Monkfish
Marlin
Koi
Sturgeon
Softshell Turtle (Not in EU version)
Mitten Crab
Eel
Red King Crab
Giant Squid
Sea Urchin
Yuuya
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

anissina wrote:That might have been my post actually. I have caught ALL the kingfish. All of them. And yet, I'm missing 2 fish from my list. According to the lists on both this site and Thonky I'm missing dace and skipjack. Fogu says you can catch them in places that I have never been able to catch one but HAVE caught the kingfish in that same area. Which should be impossible. I still have no idea what's up and I still haven't been able to get that trophy.
The only place I haven't tried is the island, supposedly both fish show up there.
Oh yes, it was. My bad!

I saw this and thought maybe dace would be bullhead catfish and skipjack would be bonito since those are other names you can call them irl (at least the bonito). I've caught them in-game and they're the same size too as dace and skipjack.

*I'll post again if it also happens to me!
Cherubae wrote:There was probably a translation change, as Dace and Skipjack don't appear on the fish lists at https://fogu.com/sos2/activities/fishing.html. The page on Fogu was built before the EN version was actually released, based on assumptions of the earlier translation in SoS1. I don't have an explanation for thonky though, sorry.
Thank you for the list!
Yuuya
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Sorry if this is a necro already but I used the list posted and all I'm missing are the whopper fish (except marlin, monkfish, and the red king crab).
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

Then you don't have anything to worry about, as there's no Dace or Slipjack ;)

What list are you reviewing that you feel there are two entries missing? The list I posted was from fish list under the farm profile and includes all of the fish in the game. If you're looking from a shipped items list, the two things you are missing might not be fish.
Yuuya
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

It's such a load off my shoulders, thank you so much!

edit: I got them all, whoo!