Looking for Kasumi Dialogue

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Juliko
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I've been playing Trio of Towns for years, and it's a great game. I can't remember how this happens, but I had my MC talk to Kasumi one day, and she mentioned something about her father planting a peach tree, naming it after her, and treating the tree better than he did her. I found that to be a really good insight into Kasumi's background, and I want to write a fan fic about it. But I can't seem to get that bit of dialogue to trigger. I don't know if it's only exclusive to the Fruit Festival or just random. I really want the whole transcript of that particular bit of dialogue so I can get the information exactly right and write the fan fic based on it. If anyone can help me with this, I'd greatly appreciate it!
HarvestHero
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

There are two dialogues about the peach tree story from her. I don't remember exactly where I found the dialogues in game but here are brief summaries of them:

1. Kasumi's father planted a peach tree on the familys property on the day of Kasumi's birth. He even named it after her. It's a productive tree, which carries a lot of sweet peaches every summer since then. Because of the sweet fruits there are a lot of insects around the tree. Kasumi's father doesn't like the pesky insects and quite literally yells at them to get off from his sweet Kasumi (the tree). Kasumi (the human) thinks this is a very silly behavior from her father and inappropriate for his age.

2. One day Kasumi asked her father, why he named the peach tree after her. He answered, that this choice is connected with a proverb he once heard. Kasumi doesn't know what proverb he means, and considers if it could be about skin as soft as a peach, but a more uncommon proverb would be more typical for her dad.

I hope this summaries help a bit. I could also try to trigger the dialogues in my game and write them down here. But I don't play the game in English, so the dialogues would be in my chosen language or a own translation of it.

I can understand that this pieces of dialogues are interesting for you. I think of them as interesting, too. I even made a reference to them as part of my roleplay in my Kasumi file. I planted a peach tree on my farm on the day our daughter was born as allusion to this dialogue.
I also googled japanese proverbs back then. This is what I found:

"Momo kuri san-nen, kaki hachi-nen
Peaches and chestnuts, three years; persimmons, eight years"

(e.g. https://www.nacos.org/en/rensaikiji_kot ... okuri.html)

"Itto kusarite hyaku to sonzu
One rotten peach spoils a hundred peaches"

(https://books.google.de/books?id=wGb4zN ... es&f=false)

I think the first one would be more fitting to her aloof personality and the great character development she experiences. But if her father was very unhappy with having a girl the second one could fit, too.
HarvestHero
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Sorry for posting twice in a row, but I found another source for the dialogue. Here is the english dialogue from the Text Dump:

In my family's garden back home, there's a
peach tree that my father planted the day I was
born. It even has the same name as me.
<PAGE>
It's grown to be quite wonderful, and every
summer it grows deliciously sweet peaches, but
as a result, insects tend to gather around it.
<PAGE>
My father would chase them around the garden
yelling, "I'll obliterate any vile insect that dares
to come near my Kasumi!"
<PAGE>
But he's already gotten up there in years. I'd
like for him to stop acting foolish and leave that
behavior to somebody else.
MsgMES_FREE_EVENT_Teacher_CROP_FRUIT_01 <FACE_TEACHER><POS_RIGHT><FACE_NORMAL>

The other day, I asked my father why the tree in
our garden named after me is a peach tree.
<PAGE>
All he told me was that it was because of a
certain saying he had heard.
<PAGE>
<FACE_LOSS>A saying about peaches... Could be "pretty as a
peach," but, knowing my father, it's likely
something far more obscure.
<PAGE>
Either way, I'm too embarrassed to ask.
MsgMES_FREE_EVENT_Teacher_CROP_FLOWER_00 <FACE_TEACHER><POS_RIGHT><FACE_LAUGH>
Juliko
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

OMG!!! Thank you sooooo much!! I didn't expect to get a response, much less so soon! You've been a big help!! *hug*