Where do I find black branches/lumber?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I really need some black lumber for the blueprint for the fabrics maker. I've been waiting about 3 seasons I think, to get some branches to build it. I'm about half way through the spring of my second year. I did read somewhere that the materials shop in Westown can sell it at B rank, but I'll have to wait until autumn for that because I didn't grown any sweet potatoes in my first year, and didn't know I needed them. So B rank Westown is on hold. It doesn't seem to spawn anywhere. I also can't do the connectivity through friend codes, sending me some isn't an option. My farmer is also married to Ludus, but on his day off he seems to only find coral. Is there anything I can do that can guarantee me some black branches or black lumber? Or is there a tree I can grown that would give some?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Black branches can only be found beginning in Summer of Year 2. Though...I think it might be possible to catch black branches in a fish trap before that. I know you can catch them, I just don't know if there is a 'when' associated with being able to. That'd be a big grind though, with it being a random chance.
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Even random chance is worth it. I need loads. I need about 70 pieces of Black Lumber to upgrade my house to mansion. I'll start using the fishing traps then. I also need starfish for something I want to build, so I'm guessing that is from fishing traps too. Two birds, one stone. Thanks for the tip. :)

I really want to make fabrics so I can build up my character's wardrobe.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh wait! There's one more way you can get them via random chance; though...you'll have to have a pet with a 'finding materials' skill that has been developed to level 5+. Once you do that, you'll have a chance of getting black rock and black branch from your pet when they do their nightly finding chore.

Better, you have a chance of finding black branch when treasure hunting, which is not dependent on level or skill type, so ANY pet of any level could find them for you, though only in specific spots, and it is also random. And I don't know if the treasure hunting findings of black branches are time-locked or not, either (though I'm almost certain that their nightly skill loot is NOT time-locked.)

If you want to know the specific spots your pet can treasure search for and have a chance of finding black branch, go to this site and hit 'find' (usually Ctrl-F) and type in 'black branch'. It will highlight 5 areas they can be found in. (Two of them are at the crossroads, and the other 3 are all in southern Westown,) so try searching the those treasure spots whenever you can, maybe. Good practise for your pet even if you don't get anything.)

Man, talking about Trio is making my desire to replay it worse, lol. The remake can't really scratch my farmin' itch that well. I love the manymanymany details you have to keep organized, including pets and their skills and abilities and levels, when and where you can forage for this and that....all the things!
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You can also savescum the spouse rewards. On a foraging day, just save before talking to them at night and reset if you don't get what you want. It can take a lot of resets but it is by far the fastest way of getting a lot of rare ingredients like Thyme or Black Branches. I think I got most of mine from fish trapping to be honest, but it has been a while.

There is sometimes a part time job for Lotus that involves cleaning a messy room that can have nice things in it, but I think only things like black rocks and ancient clay dolls can spawn in there, not branches. :(
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Arcy wrote:You can also savescum the spouse rewards. On a foraging day, just save before talking to them at night and reset if you don't get what you want. It can take a lot of resets but it is by far the fastest way of getting a lot of rare ingredients like Thyme or Black Branches. I think I got most of mine from fish trapping to be honest, but it has been a while.

There is sometimes a part time job for Lotus that involves cleaning a messy room that can have nice things in it, but I think only things like black rocks and ancient clay dolls can spawn in there, not branches. :(
You can do that with resetting? :O I will give that a try as well. I didn't want to go down the route with using pets. I only have 3 pets, one as my furmiliar and two for herding. Even my furmiliar had herding as a personality thing. The way I have things set up, I don't have any space for more pet houses.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

ALL pets can treasure hunt. Their job and skill level make no difference...treasure hunting doesn't rely on any of those things, so they all have equal chance of finding black branch when at a treasure hunting spot, including furmilliars.