Glittering Stone

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Echo Arbor
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Well Hello! *pokes forum*

I started a new game from scratch without the Miracle Worker trait, and boy I forgot how tough it can be in the beginning. My main issue is I can't get any Glittering Stone! It doesn't matter if I wait 3-5 days or mine the next day or wait two days; it doesn't appear. Is there a tip I'm forgetting or am I having the worst luck?

I haven't tried savescumming for it yet because I honestly hate having to do it but I'm getting desperate! You can't get Glittering Stone anywhere else, huh?
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The mines are usually depends on luck from what I can remember.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Mining in Trio is very much dependent on how often you mine, and what grade of hammer you use. Here is the probability sheet from Thonky, which shows you the rate for everything you can mine.

As you can see, the very best possible rate of Glittering Stone can be gotten if you mine every day with a level 5 hammer (level 5 in 'effectiveness'). However, Level 3 is quite good, too, so if you can't get Level 5, it's not that big a deal.

No matter what hammer you have, the probability of getting glittering stone is at rock-bottom if you mine only once every three days. (Pun not intended.)
Echo Arbor
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Thank you for the swift response and chart! That's very helpful :) My hammer is level 2 since I'm also having trouble finding amethyst. But you'll never guess what happened after I posted this. Not even an hour later I took a Cleaner job from Lotus and it was for Glittering Stone! I got 6, which is great! :lala:

I'll definitely follow the chart to find what I need. Thanks again!