"You can't place that here" error when nothing is there

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Echo Arbor
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Hello, me again!

I'm trying to move all my barn animals to the South part of the farm. I've set four large barns down and there is room for my three small barns housing my rabbits and llama. Every time I go to move one of the small barns I get the message that I can't put it there, anywhere on that map. There is nothing in the way. I shut the game off and restarted but it does it every time. I tried moving them on the same map they are on and I can move them just fine. For some reason it won't let me place them on the south map. I didn't have any troubles with the large barns (there is no room for another one) or my grass fields and farm circles, just the small barns.

Is this is known issue? Any ideas on how I can fix it?
HarvestHero
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

There is a limit of 16 livestock animals per area. So you can place only four large barns/coops, but 16 small ones. You can combine both types as long as you don't have more then 16 slots.
You should also look out for small saplings at the edges and corners of the grid squares. That little things can interfere with your farm circles.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Are you trying to pick up and move the barn from one area to another, or are the barns in your inventory? You can't move barns/coops from area to area with animals inside them. You have to empty the animals out of the building, put the building away into your inventory, and THEN you can place them in a new area. Is that the information you're looking for, or did Harvest Hero's answer already cover what you needed to know?

As for me, I don't know if you can set more than those amount of barns down. I know you're limited to 16 animals per map section, but I don't know if the number of *barns* are limited. I've never tried it.
Echo Arbor
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Ah, it must be the 16 animal limit. Well, that sucks. Guess I'll put those three into a large barn on the map they're already on.

Kikki, I moved the large barns with animals in them to a new area. It didn't give me any issues with that.

Thanks!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wait...you were able to put a barn full of animals into your inventory? Or...did you pick a barn full of animals up and run through to the next screen while carrying it?
Echo Arbor
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Wait...you were able to put a barn full of animals into your inventory? Or...did you pick a barn full of animals up and run through to the next screen while carrying it?
The second one.