Questions for someone who married Inari and has DLC

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'm really curious about one thing and I cannot find a solid answer to this inquiry:

Does Inari live with you? I know the dlc allows you to have a child, so does that mean Inari lives with you?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Inari doesn't live with you, but rather continues to live at the shrine. Unfortunately that means you don't get mealtimes with them, either, though I think you still get birthdays? I'm not certain, but I think so. The child you have with Inari is magical rather than conventional. A sort of "Lois and Clark, this baby is for you," thing.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Well that stinks, but it is understandable. Thanks
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No problem :)

You CAN celebrate your birthday with Inari, and his/her birthday as well. You can go to the star festival with Inari, and you can have a wedding anniversary celebration with them each year. You can also get different dialogue from Inari at the festival of plenty (I think that's what Inari's Tsuyukusa festival is called) depending on whether you choose to dance with a man or a woman, though you unfortunately cannot choose to dance with Inari themself. (I guess because none of the villagers can see him/her, so you'd appear to be dancing alone like a crazy person.)

Inari will also forage for you like other spouses will, if you're willing to run up and talk to him/her at the shrine between 6AM and 12 noon. I don't know which day, but just make sure to talk to Inari several times in that time period every day until you trigger the foraging convo and they will indeed do some foraging for you, the same as the other candidates. There are multiple accounts from people who married Inari that say he/she will do it, as long as you speak to them at the right time to trigger the offer. I think all spouses will only forage for you once a week, on a day off. Inari has no days off, but I've still seen several people say Inari has offered to forage for them and followed through on it, so it'd be worth trying.