Question about increasing Farmer Rank

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Acorn
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I've been shipping lots of dishes to the three towns, and noticed that, although I'm getting paid for everything shipped, the $ value isn't increasing in the Shipping Info section of the Farm Report for the town to which dishes are shipped.

Figured out that it was because the max value that will show up there is $999,999,999 for any category (categories are Seeds, Crops, Dishes, Crafts, Fish, and Other). And I've already shipped that much value in the Dishes category to the towns.

I'm at Farmer Rank Beta 7 and would like to get to Beta DX. Not sure why I care lol, but I do! The easiest way to increase farmer rank is to catch whopper fish - each one is worth 500 points. Well, catching whoppers is not something I'm good at. And am also really tired of fishing. So the easiest way in my case has been to ship dishes.

What I'd like to know is whether or not we'll get credit towards farmer rank for shipping more than the max value that can be reflected in the Shipping Info. Appreciate any replies.
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

You'll earn farm degree points for shipping items to any town and for cooking meals. So both of those should continue to tally towards your overall farm degree even if you have hit your max value of how much the game tracks for profits earned.

If you had the materials, each time you remodel your house interior/exterior you'll earn 1000 points towards Beta Farmer DX rank.
Acorn
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Oh this is good news to hear! Also about the cooking.

Yes, I might play around with some different house upgrades. Ford has hinted a couple times lately that he wants to live in the music house, so I'll try that one first.

Thank you, Cherubae!