Harvest Moon: Skytree Village Q&A topic

Restore the powers of the seven magical Skytrees to revitalize the valley and entice the villagers to move back to the local town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Nov 2016. EU release = Jun 2017.
Lirishae
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

If you have any questions about the game, please feel free to post them here ^^
LoveisSame333
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

When can I start upgrading my tools? I planted way too many crops.
noaaa
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I think I read something about this before but just to be safe: do crops wilt at the end of a season? I feel like I'm wasting the last few days but I'm too worried to plant anything new.

(Additionally, will a crop planted in spring but harvested in summer act as a spring or summer crop in relation to mutation?)
Feather Qwill
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Anyone know where/when to catch Black Bass? I've caught Perch at lake & river, and Mosquitofish up high by the first mine, but I haven't found any BB yet.
noaaa
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Feather Qwill wrote:Anyone know where/when to catch Black Bass? I've caught Perch at lake & river, and Mosquitofish up high by the first mine, but I haven't found any BB yet.
I've caught lots of Black Bass in the lake, fishing out in the biggest part of the water (by the Skytree that's in the middle of the lake). I fished during daytime in all kinds of weather, and I didn't use bait. I hope you find them!
*LaI*
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

noaaa wrote:I think I read something about this before but just to be safe: do crops wilt at the end of a season? I feel like I'm wasting the last few days but I'm too worried to plant anything new.

(Additionally, will a crop planted in spring but harvested in summer act as a spring or summer crop in relation to mutation?)
Crops will not die when seasons change, so feel free to plant :)

Also, from what I've seen, it depends on the day they mature. If it's ready to harvest on the 1st it'll count as Spring, if it's ready on the 2nd or later it'll count as Summer.
Lirishae
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

LoveisSame333 wrote:When can I start upgrading my tools? I planted way too many crops.
You'll get the watering can, hoe, shovel and fishing rod upgrades from the Harvest Goddess for ranking up your farm degree ^^ The hammer and axe will be obtained and upgraded as part of the story, though there is one final hammer upgrade that is obtained from the Harvest Goddess.
Feather Qwill wrote:Anyone know where/when to catch Black Bass? I've caught Perch at lake & river, and Mosquitofish up high by the first mine, but I haven't found any BB yet.
Black Bass is kind of uncommon. I've caught it during the daytime at the little pond at the foot of the waterfall near the Harvest Goddess spring ^^
~Milotic~
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I have a quest from Doc where i need 2 Material stone. But i dont have a hammer yet. When do i get a hammer? I know eventually i will get one but i am already in summer and havent gotten one yet.
Lirishae
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

You will get one as part of the story; you should be pretty close. In the meantime you can buy stone from Sam and refine it to get Material Stone.
~Milotic~
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Okay, ty
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

What season do blueberries grow and when can I first get them?
xhia
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Hi there! Is there any guide readily published for the fishes and events?
I've just started and omg, the first time it's easy to fish but as it goes on it gets harder and harder for the fish to be catched? I've tried using animal feed as baits and it doesn't really help a lot :( is there any trick to it?
Also, I get the request to get tialapia? (forgot the name but similar), all I've gotten so far is perch, yellow perch and mosquitofish. Does anyone know how to catch one?
Thank you! :)
Lirishae
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:What season do blueberries grow and when can I first get them?
I don't know blueberries preferred season yet, but they will unlock for sale by raising Sam's chemistry ^^
xhia wrote:Hi there! Is there any guide readily published for the fishes and events?
I've just started and omg, the first time it's easy to fish but as it goes on it gets harder and harder for the fish to be catched? I've tried using animal feed as baits and it doesn't really help a lot :( is there any trick to it?
Also, I get the request to get tialapia? (forgot the name but similar), all I've gotten so far is perch, yellow perch and mosquitofish. Does anyone know how to catch one?
Thank you! :)
1. Not yet. I am working on a guide but there's a lot of information to cover, so it'll be awhile before it's out. In the meantime I and others will answer what questions we can.
2. Don't use ordinary animal feed as bait; wait until you get the kind that is meant to be bait. You will get a couple of rod upgrades that make it easier to reel in fish, and it also makes rarer fish show up more.
3. Tilapia is very uncommon. You can catch it at medium elevations or high elevations in spring and summer. I had the best luck in the pond next to the first mine after widening it a bit.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

If you have gotten far enough in, what is required to get the blue feather in this one? Is it similar to TLV where you had to befriend an animal?
Lirishae
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

No, you will get the blue feather in a cutscene after you meet the other marriage requirements.