* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 19, 2020 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Duckymom04
  Post subject: Fruit tree ?s
Post Posted: Feb 21, 2017 10:59 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

I have a few questions about the fruit trees.
1: how many squares do they need to grow?
2: what level do they need to be on to grow?
3: how do we get "great" fruit?

Thanks in advance!

irulethegalaxy
  Post subject: Re: Fruit tree ?s
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 12:51 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Fruit trees need a full square of 9 around them to grow properly WITH NO OVERLAPPING. So, basically two spaces each direction completely clear:

0x00x00x00
0x00x00x00

They should grow on any level, but I'd personally avoid the extremes. As for greats...well, the answer to that is time. It takes 5-6 years for a tree to start producing great fruits. Once it does it will produce nothing BUT great fruit. So the best idea is to plant your fruits as early as possible in the game. And if you want to have access to normal quality, you'll need to plant new trees when the old ones start producing greats.

Murasaki
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 2:14 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I heard they won't fruit at high elevations. I grew a LOT of fruit trees then the fertilizer patch happened and I don't need as many. Just keeping the originals for the greats. It's year 6, didn't get great grapefruit. Hope the other fruits turn great. Then I can cut them all down, except for ornamental purposes (like around the gates to town/home).

irulethegalaxy
Post Posted: Feb 23, 2017 4:08 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Murasaki wrote:
I heard they won't fruit at high elevations. I grew a LOT of fruit trees then the fertilizer patch happened and I don't need as many. Just keeping the originals for the greats. It's year 6, didn't get great grapefruit. Hope the other fruits turn great. Then I can cut them all down, except for ornamental purposes (like around the gates to town/home).

Yeah, I haven't tested, but avoiding the extreme elevations is probably a good idea.

My trees were pretty much all planted at the same time; but one apple tree started giving greats at the beginning of the season and the other one didn't until the end of the season. There is a little bit of RNG in it, I think. Luckily this time around nobody I know of (I still haven't finished all of Nova or Edmonds' seasonals) requests it, so you can't get stuck waiting for your stupid orange trees to cooperate for three years so Catherine stops nagging you about her dang fruit. *ahem*

Duckymom04
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2017 10:13 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

I planted 12 apple trees all at the same area and stuff and only 7 of them are producing fruit this season. I don't understand! I planted them at the same time too! Any idea why??

Murasaki
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2017 12:39 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Like mutations occurring in a few plants in a field of 99, trees must have some internal counter that triggers every morning. Above a certain number, fruit. Below, nada.

Mine did that too. It's very head-scratchy and weird. Then they'll equalize at one point and make fruit at the same time.

irulethegalaxy
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2017 4:55 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Your soil is patchy...have you been getting rocks around them? If rocks spawn in the zone each tree needs, they will not produce fruit until it's cleared and you have to wait for them to start the cycle over. You might want to see if you can add some water near your trees to keep the soil lush to prevent that.