* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 19, 2020 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Duckymom04
  Post subject: Harvest Feed
Post Posted: Feb 23, 2017 7:27 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

I have been using the Harvest Feed for over a week now and my cows still are producing more than 1 milk at a time. How long does it take to start working?

ChaosAzerothCat
  Post subject: Re: Harvest Feed
Post Posted: Feb 23, 2017 9:41 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

It's totally random chance honestly.

I have mine at max on a file and it seems like my cow hardly gives multiple and my sheep and donkey do a lot more times. I mean they have a 'cool down' period too in a way.

But yeah.

I'm not even sure what the levels really mean with this.

Getaris
Post Posted: Feb 23, 2017 10:00 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

It first needs to learn the harvest ability, which will happen eventually.

After that, it is a small chance of giving more products.

You must contiune feeding them the harvest feed to keep increasing the level of the skill to better the chances.

Duckymom04
Post Posted: Feb 23, 2017 12:27 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Thanks! I guess I will just keep trying!

irulethegalaxy
Post Posted: Feb 23, 2017 12:33 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Yeah, it's not like in SOS. You will feed them the feed, they gain about 8 points a day. To reach level 1, it's 100 or 200 points (You can check this in your livestock book). With each level, they'll gain an additional percentage CHANCE to produce extra goods.

For best results, don't allow them to learn the associated "better goods" or probably ANY other skills; if one of those fires off you won't get the extra goods. It's also impossible to tell when the other skills do actually trigger--did you get Miracle Milk because of the better goods perk or because you just got Miracle Milk from that cow today?

I've done a LOT of play with these skills over both TLV and STV; what I basically found is that because chickens have only one skill the More Goods kicked in a LOT more often with them than with my other critters. In both games, it's pretty routine to get a couple extra eggs a day per henhouse, where even with the same number cows I might not get any extra milk.

ChaosAzerothCat
Post Posted: Feb 23, 2017 12:50 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

My better goods like NEVER triggers, unless it glitch triggers cause I'm getting WAY more base products than before they picked up that skill. At least half the time now, no joke.

Getaris
Post Posted: Feb 23, 2017 12:53 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

It's also worth mentioning that for them to learn the skill, you actually need to pet them. You could feed them for years but if you don't interact with them they'll never learn it.

Duckymom04
Post Posted: Feb 23, 2017 1:46 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

I pet them every day. None of those skills have ever popped up. I will just keep trying! Thanks everyone.

irulethegalaxy
Post Posted: Feb 23, 2017 4:03 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Duckymom04 wrote:
I pet them every day. None of those skills have ever popped up. I will just keep trying! Thanks everyone.

If I am remembering correctly about the points quantity (I believe it's 200 to get the skill to level one, where you actually earn the skill and can then check progress in the book), you need to use the feed 25 times. So it'll take nearly a season before your critters gain the skill, if you feed it to them every day.

FWIW, in TLV some feeds would actually DECREASE the points for certain skills. We never mapped this out fully (because OMG, just no....). So for fastest results, stick with the Harvest feed and use plain feed if you run short.