All times are UTC - 8 hours

*LaI*
Post Posted: Mar 17, 2020 2:49 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Yaaaay!!!

https://twitter.com/marvelous_games/sta ... 0858185728

Just saw this :heart: :heart:

Haven't seen a US date, but should be the same one or a few days earlier, like RF4.

Still a few months, but I'm glad to have a date now.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 17, 2020 3:19 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Good to know. Yup, over in Cali the Xseed team isn't awake yet, but I bet there's a good chance we'll see an announcement from them today. :) EDIT: Though it's a bit odd, because Xseed never announces their release dates this far in advance, so I'm a bit doubtful on that count.

Drag0n5
Post Posted: Mar 17, 2020 4:37 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Comes out here the day after my birthday.

iloverainbow
Post Posted: Mar 17, 2020 5:14 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Kikki wrote:
Good to know. Yup, over in Cali the Xseed team isn't awake yet, but I bet there's a good chance we'll see an announcement from them today. :) EDIT: Though it's a bit odd, because Xseed never announces their release dates this far in advance, so I'm a bit doubtful on that count.

NA normally gets an earlier release date?

Bluie
Post Posted: Mar 17, 2020 5:24 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Hrm, July is a pretty good date to drop it. I feel like most people into the relaxing genre will have their Animal Crossing routines down by then and need something to play on the side.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 17, 2020 6:02 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

iloverainbow wrote:
Kikki wrote:

NA normally gets an earlier release date?

Maybe, but...I dunno. Xseed hasn't even shown a release window, yet, just TBA. It'd certainly be nice if Xseed does announce a date today.

HarvestHero
Post Posted: Mar 17, 2020 4:24 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Great News! :heart:
Just a few months before returning to Mineral Town. :)
It's really a step up from the past, when the EU/PAL-Region got the games months to years after the US. I guess the announcement of the US-Release will be soon, too. And I hope, they will keep this release schedule also for future titles, so that all for the west localized versions of the game will be released about the same time.

By the way- Has anyone noticed that they localized Ann with her japanese name "Ran" here?

Pachi
Post Posted: Mar 17, 2020 4:36 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

I can't wait! It drops on my birthday month so I'm treating this as my birthday gift to myself :lol:

HarvestHero wrote:
By the way- Has anyone noticed that they localized Ann with her japanese name "Ran" here?

Yep! Also Mary = Marie. Looks like they're going to keep true to the Japanese names. I'm highly curious with Doug's localization.. I know it was ダッド (Daddo) lol

Cherubae
Post Posted: Mar 17, 2020 7:06 pm 
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

I believe the names based on the preliminary hidden EN content from the JP version were

Ran/Ann
Elly/Elli
Marie/Mary
Huang/Won
Bon Vivant/Gourmet
Mugi/Barley
Mei/May
Dudley/Doug
Gotts/Gotz
Yuu/Stu

TrashBanjo
Post Posted: Mar 18, 2020 12:49 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

The font they chose is pretty distasteful. I assume they chose it to minimize the amount of editing they’d have to do to make the words fit in the text box using the default font.

In the English patch, portions of words fall out of the text box.
(I switched back to the JP version after spending a few months learning SOME Japanese. Lol.)

nongo
Post Posted: Mar 18, 2020 10:17 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

TrashBanjo wrote:
The font they chose is pretty distasteful. I assume they chose it to minimize the amount of editing they’d have to do to make the words fit in the text box using the default font.

In the English patch, portions of words fall out of the text box.
(I switched back to the JP version after spending a few months learning SOME Japanese. Lol.)

Agreed. I could understand the reasons to minimize it but the font itself is a bit hard to read and looks out of place. It reminds me of the type of font you'd see middle schoolers use for their assignments and PowerPoint. I usually don't care too much about fonts but I really hope they change it to something more easy on the eyes to read.

Yuuya
Post Posted: Mar 19, 2020 2:08 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

I agree. The font looks like it came from scrapbook stamps. Xseed also made this weird decision to use the Impact font on Trio of Towns too. I appreciate their hard work on localizing the games but I wish they'd choose better fonts.

Other than that though, yay, a date!

Night Owl
Post Posted: Mar 19, 2020 10:55 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

I like the font honestly. It's really cute. It's actually easier for me to read than the one they used for Trio of Towns and SoS1. Probably due to the spacing and the size of the actual textboxes. Overall I think it looks nicer and a little less generic than what they used in the 3DS games.

As for the names, well I suppose it's another way to differentiate the old release from the new release. Although I kinda wish XSeed didn't keep release dates a huge secret now. I get why they do it since they were burned by Trails in the Sky 2nd chapter, but at this point... The EU/AUS release date has been announced... Strange to me, but oh well. We'll probably get the NA release date closer to when E3 was originally supposed to take place or in a Direct somewhere.