* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently May 28, 2020 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

TrashBanjo
Post Posted: Mar 28, 2020 7:46 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

https://youtu.be/uzgGMw-l6fE — Pretty much the same trailer as the EU/AUS one.

https://www.siliconera.com/story-of-sea ... der-bonus/

The plush cow preorder bonus is based off of the new cow type, Strawberry Cow.

Release date is only set for “Summer 2020”... which could end up being the same date as EU/AUS.

TrashBanjo
Post Posted: Mar 28, 2020 7:51 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

I’m keeping my hopes up that they’re keeping the same-sex marriage / best friend ceremony in the US release considering they kept it in the trailer.

The names for Ann, Mary, etc. are still Ran, Marie, etc. respectively.

Edit: For anyone that’s played the JP version...
did you notice that in these trailers the heart icon next to the candidates is displayed for all of them regardless of which gender you are?
The part featuring Doctor displays a grey heart even though the MC is male.
Maybe they did away with the hidden hearts for same-sex candidates rather than having to do the confession event to see it?

Cherubae
Post Posted: Mar 28, 2020 10:21 am 
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

You're right - the same thing is in the scene with Jennifer and the Naomi protagonist. Jennifer's black heart is there, on-screen, during the introduction event. That's interesting.

nongo
Post Posted: Mar 28, 2020 4:00 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Unless they are allowing us to cross dress???
I'm sure they made it so that hearts appear for both genders though. *fingers crossed*

iloverainbow
Post Posted: Mar 28, 2020 6:04 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

TrashBanjo wrote:
I’m keeping my hopes up that they’re keeping the same-sex marriage / best friend ceremony in the US release considering they kept it in the trailer.

The names for Ann, Mary, etc. are still Ran, Marie, etc. respectively.

Edit: For anyone that’s played the JP version...
did you notice that in these trailers the heart icon next to the candidates is displayed for all of them regardless of which gender you are?
The part featuring Doctor displays a grey heart even though the MC is male.
Maybe they did away with the hidden hearts for same-sex candidates rather than having to do the confession event to see it?

I noticed that too! And also Grey / Gray also tells you "I love you" during the wedding ceremony when you are playing as a guy. I believe in the Chinese version they have different dialogues during wedding ceremony depending on whether you are playing as male or female protagonist.

I just hope they changed "best friend system" to "marriage" or "soulmate ceremony" or "love ceremony" or etc.

TrashBanjo
Post Posted: Mar 28, 2020 9:09 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

The English translations that came with the JP release also kept romantic dialogue between same-sex couples. Chances are they just took those translations, finished them, and brushed them up.

Let’s hope they fix the Have 500,000G at Once trophy mistranslation that was also in the English translations. ;) (As Cher said in my thread a few weeks back, it’s 5,000,000G. It says 5000k G in the JP.)

ChaosAzerothCat
Post Posted: Mar 29, 2020 12:32 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

TrashBanjo wrote:
The English translations that came with the JP release also kept romantic dialogue between same-sex couples. Chances are they just took those translations, finished them, and brushed them up.

Let’s hope they fix the Have 500,000G at Once trophy mistranslation that was also in the English translations. ;) (As Cher said in my thread a few weeks back, it’s 5,000,000G. It says 5000k G in the JP.)

Isn't 5000k 5,000,000 though? 5k is 5,000. 50k is 50,000. 500k is 500,000.
At least that's how 5000k works in some idle games.

It's confusing though.

TrashBanjo
Post Posted: Mar 29, 2020 2:13 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Yes.

Sorry, I worded that funny.

The English translations Marvelous sent out with the JP release (they’re hidden and can only be accessed via modding, albeit, there was quite a bit of missing text.) states you need 500,000G to get the trophy. The actual amount is 5,000,000G.

After I brushed up on my JP for a few months, I switched back to JP and the trophy description says 5000kG, which IS 5,000,000G.

ChaosAzerothCat
Post Posted: Mar 29, 2020 9:05 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

TrashBanjo wrote:
Yes.

Sorry, I worded that funny.

The English translations Marvelous sent out with the JP release (they’re hidden and can only be accessed via modding, albeit, there was quite a bit of missing text.) states you need 500,000G to get the trophy. The actual amount is 5,000,000G.

After I brushed up on my JP for a few months, I switched back to JP and the trophy description says 5000kG, which IS 5,000,000G.

Sorry I'm easily confused.
Okay that makes a lot of sense. Lmao
Again, my apologies.

Selphie-Sama
Post Posted: Apr 01, 2020 9:30 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Not sure how I feel about the font choice, but otherwise I'm just so happy to finally see an NA trailer. The pre order bonus is pretty cute too ^^ hoping I can get it.

CandyQueenFogu
Post Posted: Apr 01, 2020 12:07 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Judging by the fact that Gray still says "I love you" in the trailer to a male protagonist, I'd wager that same-sex marriage will still be available in the NA release. :heart:

Harvest Moon kawaii
Post Posted: Apr 05, 2020 10:45 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

https://store.xseedgames.com/product/st ... eral-town/

You can now pre-order the physical version and get the pre-order bonus on XSeed's website. They're shooting for a July release window. The game is $50 US.

TrashBanjo
Post Posted: Apr 06, 2020 3:21 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

The release date will end up being the same as EU/AUS. Bookmark me. Lol.

CandyQueenFogu
Post Posted: Apr 06, 2020 7:49 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Oh the little Cherry Cow plush is too cute! I still have the Capybara plushie from 3oT and I LOVE that little thing! I wonder how long pre-order supplies for it will last?