Can't trigger Ran's OR Marie's last heart event

A Nintendo Switch/PC/Ps4/XBox remake of the 2003 Gameboy Advance games HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: More Friends of Mineral Town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Oct 2019. NA release = Jul 2020. EU release = Jul 2020.
NiftyMusician
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Like the title states...It's really frustrating because unless I'm totally oblivious, I've met ALL the requirements for both of them but nothing's triggering the events. I'm starting to think they won't trigger because they happen at the same time and place (but still that shouldn't prevent them from happening). I'm not planning on marrying either so it's not detrimental, but I was hoping to see all the candidates' events. Anyone know what to do?
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Personally I don't remember having trouble triggering those events, though I did have trouble getting somebody's, one of Cliff's I think? Anyway it turned out I had actually not activated one of his prior events in that playthrough. A good rule of thumb is to purposely check and make sure you got the prior events in that file, at least for me because multiple playthroughs a tend to run together sometimes in my memory.

Also, if you're talking about the orange event, Ran's is at the library 10 - 4 and Marie's is at the library 12 - 5, so yes there's overlap but not total, fortunately.
NiftyMusician
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately it's still not working. And, yes, I have triple checked and I've seen all of their prior events. Also, I make sure to go before noon and after noon (because of the slight time difference) and still nothing happens. The only thing I can think of is it being a glitch or maybe they can't trigger in winter for some reason. Idk why either of those would be the case but that's all I've got. Oh well:(