How does grass grow?

A Nintendo Switch/PC/Ps4/XBox remake of the 2003 Gameboy Advance games HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: More Friends of Mineral Town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Oct 2019. NA release = Jul 2020. EU release = Jul 2020.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I’m confused about the grass mechanic in this game. When I cut it, does it grow back afterwards or is it gone forever?
mikzuki
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Leave the grass alone without cutting it with some empty squares around it. It will spread like a weed to the surrounding squares.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

mikzuki wrote:Leave the grass alone without cutting it with some empty squares around it. It will spread like a weed to the surrounding squares.
I do, but I also cut it for fodder. Did they change the way grass grows? I remember it always growing back
mikzuki
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Unlike the other harvest moon games, it doesn’t grow in the same spot per say. Instead, every night, the adjacent squares of a grass tile have a 25% chance to grow grass (according to reddit). If you just harvest the nessecary grass for your animals every day and mostly leave it alone, it should spread quickly.

Here’s the reddit post I used for reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/harvestmoon/co ... eeds_work/