Edited- What does a level 6 charge do for the fishing rod?

A Nintendo Switch/PC/Ps4/XBox remake of the 2003 Gameboy Advance games HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: More Friends of Mineral Town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Oct 2019. NA release = Jul 2020. EU release = Jul 2020.
Maggre
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Original Question

Code: Select all

Could someone help me understand what the difference is in what you can catch with the different charge levels? I feel like I’m getting the same things?
Edited question: What does a level 6 charge do?

Level 1-5 charges only let you catch a fish at that level.
After a lot of experimenting, a level 7 charge seems to let you catch ANY level fish from the body of water. This is likely so that you can mindlessly charge to the max cast power to get any fish when you're trying to go for extra farm points required from catching 100 of a specific fish 100 times. Otherwise, having to cast to level 2, 3, and 4 would be annoying to have to concentrate on in order to catch a lot of mid level fish.

What I can't figure out is, what does a level 6 charge do? Based on the guide, a rainbow trout shouldn't be available from the Ocean, and yet that's all I'm catching in the summer at the ocean. I was hoping the level 6 and 7 charges let you more easily catch max size fish but that doesn't seem to be the case at all.
Last edited by Maggre on Apr 17, 2022 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

Some fish only appear at charge level 5.

The guardian fish only appear at charge levels 6 and 7.

This guide page lists the minimum charge levels for each fish: https://fogu.com/sos3/activities/fishing.html
Maggre
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Cherubae wrote:Some fish only appear at charge level 5.

The guardian fish only appear at charge levels 6 and 7.

This guide page lists the minimum charge levels for each fish: https://fogu.com/sos3/activities/fishing.html
But it seems like with a level 5 charge you can ONLY catch level 5 fish but I think I’ve caught other level fish with a level 7?

Fishing at the pond in Sumer in the NA version, I’m getting
Silver carp and blotched snakes head with level 5
rainbow trout with 6 which isn’t listed in the guide
And a bunch of different fish including loach with level 7
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

It's a minimum charge level :)