Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Feb 22, 2020 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 93  Next

Are you excited?
Yes! 85%  85%  [ 390 ]
No! 7%  7%  [ 30 ]
Undecided. 9%  9%  [ 41 ]
Total votes : 461
Kikki
Post Posted: Jul 13, 2019 1:07 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

BUMBLEBABY.

Reset if you get a boy? For me I'd be more likely to reset if I got the girl. Not that she isn't cute, and the red is nice and bright, and I do I like ladybugs, too, but...well, everyone can keep their puppies and kittens. If you want me to go awwwwww, you have to show me a bumblebee, lol.

I'm happy to have seen those pictures, anyway. Thanks KonekoChan.

Pachi
Post Posted: Jul 13, 2019 2:36 am 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

I must say I like the baby girl a tad bit more than the boy, but they're both still cute! I wouldn't mind either one :)

Katze
Post Posted: Jul 13, 2019 11:29 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

I consider having one set appearance for the son/daughter a significant step back, to be honest. That's pretty disappointing. They really couldn't have put in a bit of extra effort to make some recolors for the kids? Imagine picking the dark-haired female protagonist, marrying Kai, and getting a white, blonde, blue-eyed daughter. :roll: It's possible that they just aren't finished yet and had to use the default children in the promotional images, but I doubt it.

Kikki
Post Posted: Jul 13, 2019 11:42 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

It'd be nice if when the baby is born, you could choose their colours (hair, eye, skin, etc), and maybe their outfit colour as well, even if it was just from 3 or so choices. You could make the baby look like yourself, your spouse, or some combination of the two!

I really like the new protagonist. I've never played a default brunette before (not dark brunette, anyway), nor one with notably short hair, both of which are what I have, so I'm really into the new choice.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Jul 13, 2019 12:23 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Boy more :3

In my games I ALWAYS get a girl if I don’t reset.

IMO I just want the kid to grow up for once and ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING!

Robinstar
Post Posted: Jul 13, 2019 3:29 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

If I do marry Rick, I’m definitely gonna make sure we get the boy child cause of the hair colors. I usually play on two separate saves, so I’ll just have the girl with someone else whether the hair colors make sense or not.

Mecha-Lollipop
Post Posted: Jul 13, 2019 5:54 pm 
Pick Potatos, not boogers

The little boy looks a lot like my son when he grows his hair out. Except my son's hair is very messy naturally. Due to the whole Scottish heritage thing probably lol. Mine is wild too.
So I'm in love with both but am leaning toward the idea of having a mini of my kiddo in game. :heart:

I really want the kids to grow up though. Badly. I miss being able to kind of influence our kids and have them seem like they have more personality.

ChocolateKisses
Post Posted: Jul 13, 2019 8:18 pm 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Alright so, going back to the re-designs a bit (sorry guys lol), I honestly think they are...fine? I mean it WAS kind of shocking at first to see how some of the characters were just...comepleatly new people. But i guess since they ARE trying to also make a new game based on FoMT/MFoMT, i suppose its fine. I do like the old art better though, in fact ToT's art was beautiful and so detailed, and if you compare it to these new character designs...They just look plain and lifeless. I mean, I know they are based on the old characters from the GBA games, but even the coloring looks kind of weak.

For example:
Spoiler:

Just look at the detail in her clothes and hair! Its just so beautiful. And i also love the soft brush texture that the characters had! But then when you compare it with this:

Spoiler:

Meh...I dont know. Its just very plain. I guess its to kind of imitate the plain-ness of the old art? But even so...If they are saying that this remake is also kind of like a new game, and if they are going to change some of the characters to fit their roles, then give us some beautiful detailed art like how the previous games had!

Again I dont hate it, at all. Its new and it is fresh. I just feel its not their best. I mean obviously Matsuyama (the artist) can do better, but i feel they gave him some restrictions that didn't allow him to fully have fun with the designs.

Getaris
Post Posted: Jul 13, 2019 8:43 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I personally didn't really like the textured look of the art in the last game or two. I'm glad to see them try something a bit simpler.

Last edited by Getaris on Jul 13, 2019 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Code_Name_Geek
Post Posted: Jul 13, 2019 8:44 pm 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

I was sort of neutral on the redesigns before but that article about them made a lot of sense and I think I like them a lot more now! Helps separate them from the HM64 characters too.

I’ve only listened to one of the tracks so far (fall) because the wifi is so dang slow here and I wasn’t a huge fan, but I’m glad they at least kept the original music. Can’t wait to hear more of the music though, I love Harvest Moon music!

Mecha-Lollipop
Post Posted: Jul 13, 2019 11:10 pm 

I'm not sure I think it's fair to compare concept or a detailed drawing for the booklet to the in game portrait art though.

She still is more detailed but it feels more fair to compare them both by their in game appearance. Especially since I remember some people being disappointed the twins didn't look more like their artwork in the book.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I also do feel like FoMT and MFoMT were pretty simple and relaxing in their aesthetic so a more simplified design matches to me. I don't think that this game's graphics are an indication of what to expect from future games. I think they wanted to go in a certain direction specifically with this remake and to test the waters with this series on the switch. Then they can know if it's worth sinking money into a much larger project. That will hopefully show off what the switch can do much better.
I know the argument has been that they're already doing RF4S and RF5 on switch but they also are a bit more suited to console imo. They might not seem like as much of a risk? I'm not sure what the difference has been in fans asking for more console Rune Factory vs Bokujou.

Getaris
Post Posted: Jul 14, 2019 9:04 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Are those two screenshots in native resolution? Hah it's kinda amazing to see the them both together.

Genie9
Post Posted: Jul 14, 2019 9:50 am 

I like the kids a lot! I'd be fine with either, but I always prefer having a daughter.

I am so anxious to see the Doctor since he was my original husband. I keep checking daily to see if he's been released.

KonekoChan
Post Posted: Jul 15, 2019 10:12 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Spring music! And the sprites, marching in to do Pete's hard labor while he sleeps on the side of his farm. Poor things :(

I noticed this before but it looks like they moved the pond up beside where the barn is (as opposed to where the chicken coop is). Seems kind of... Arbitrary.

Mecha-Lollipop
Post Posted: Jul 15, 2019 10:35 pm 

Getaris wrote:
Are those two screenshots in native resolution? Hah it's kinda amazing to see the them both together.

I didn't alter them in any way if that's what you mean. I linked them directly as they were uploaded onto sites. I was going to make them equal sized but I'm usually using my phone to post on here and that makes it harder so I just put them in spoiler tags lol.

Edit: I really like the spring music! And thank GOODNESS they made the difference between watered and not more noticable. I'm replaying FoMT right now and forgot how subtle it was. It's a pain when I save part way through a day and go back not remembering if I've watered.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 93  Next