Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Feb 18, 2020 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 93  Next

Are you excited?
Yes! 85%  85%  [ 390 ]
No! 7%  7%  [ 30 ]
Undecided. 9%  9%  [ 41 ]
Total votes : 461
velvetvalerina
Post Posted: Aug 18, 2019 11:29 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

I'm so glad Brandon is a whole new character and not some weird crossover thing! He looks good, I like him!

I'm also so SO HAPPY there will be BTN festivals!! And we can customize our characters! I would have been pretty upset if we couldn't, as that would be a huge step backwards for the series (especially since it's not like it's supposed to be 100% faithful)

I'm super happy about possible DLC too!!

All that's left for me to be totally satisfied is for children to take after our spouses. That one seems less likely but I'm still holding out at least a sliver of hope since the only screenshots we've seen with the kids are with the player as Claire or Pete. Maybe it'll be different if you choose a customizable protagonist? Fingers crossed! I'm naturally tan and it would be weird to have a pale baby if I marry Kai lol....

It's also lame that your kid doesn't grow up but I didn't expect for that to be a thing. I really hope it is in the next SOS title though.

Tiptoze
Post Posted: Aug 18, 2019 11:38 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
This was posted on the Ushi discord server by Tippy, a bunch of new information confirmed from Chinajoy courtesy of u/arehi_wnl!

https://www.reddit.com/r/RanchStory/comments/cs4jm1/switch_story_of_seasons_friends_of_mineral_town/

Honestly I still can't believe all this great news. I can't even begin typing all my thoughts out I'm just aaaaaaaa. I'm excited to see what the other game they have in development is. I wonder if it'll be a new title or another remake??? AAAAAA I'm just so happy- Rune Factory and Bokumono are back (or maybe Bokumono wasn't really gone like RF was but it sure felt like a long pause to me), a bunch of games I've always wanted to play are getting Switch ports, and we're getting a new Animal Crossing early next year!! What a time to be alive!!! :heart: :lala:

Kikki
Post Posted: Aug 18, 2019 11:42 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Tiptoze wrote:
RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
This was posted on the Ushi discord server by Tippy, a bunch of new information confirmed from Chinajoy courtesy of u/arehi_wnl!

https://www.reddit.com/r/RanchStory/comments/cs4jm1/switch_story_of_seasons_friends_of_mineral_town/

Honestly I still can't believe all this great news. I can't even begin typing all my thoughts out I'm just aaaaaaaa. I'm excited to see what the other game they have in development is. I wonder if it'll be a new title or another remake??? AAAAAA I'm just so happy- Rune Factory and Bokumono are back (or maybe Bokumono wasn't really gone like RF was but it sure felt like a long pause to me), a bunch of games I've always wanted to play are getting Switch ports, and we're getting a new Animal Crossing early next year!! What a time to be alive!!! :heart: :lala:

It specifically says "a NEW game" is in development, so it darned well better truly be new :) But they also only said they'd consider more remakes if this one does well, so on that count, too, I doubt that this 'new game in development' could be another remake.

Soooo glad. I need NEW! I'm totally gonna play this remake but I need a brand new, shiny, spiffy SoS game, thankee. :) I really like a lot of this new info though, anyway. Confirmed character customization and everything.

Tiptoze
Post Posted: Aug 18, 2019 11:51 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Oh yeah, I guess that's true, pfft. M̶y̶ ̶b̶r̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶o̶o̶l̶ ̶t̶o̶m̶o̶r̶r̶o̶w̶ ̶c̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶s̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶l̶o̶l̶.̶

I hope the next remake is for IoH/SI honestly. I love the girls and want to marry them but I can't really stand to play it anymore, time passes way too quickly and it's really hard (at least for me) to get literally anything done. I just wanna marry Natalie is that so hard to ask?

Getaris
Post Posted: Aug 18, 2019 12:14 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

This sounds better and better.

Hopefully they'll address the rival marriages at some point. It would be nice to learn about that.

Googaboga
Post Posted: Aug 18, 2019 12:28 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

That's a fantastic update! It is so weird to see a brand new person in Mineral Town after all this time, haha. I like him so far, but the feeling of him seeming out of place there is strong. I'm definitely interested in seeing him have interactions with as many people as possible. The first event I see where he's talking to one of the old characters is gonna be super strange but also great.

Also hooray for more games in the future! I'd love to see both new and remakes continue to be made.

velvetvalerina
Post Posted: Aug 18, 2019 12:41 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Getaris wrote:
Hopefully they'll address the rival marriages at some point. It would be nice to learn about that.

I hope so too, I'd love to hear about whether or not they'll still be a thing and if maybe...there will be additional events for rivals as well?

Also this is definitely just wishful thinking but it would be nice if the rival couples had their own children too. Not getting my hopes up though. Maybe in the next SoS...sigh

Last edited by velvetvalerina on Aug 18, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

freckles
Post Posted: Aug 18, 2019 12:49 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

My « homosexual » « Mr.Gourmet's hat » accepts the return of best-friend partnerships :heart:

nongo
Post Posted: Aug 18, 2019 1:20 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

The interview says, “Brandon seems to be the carpenters apprentice.” Meaning it doesn’t confirm that he is one. I think he’s probably related to Gotz somehow and moved the Mineral Town to find inspiration for his wood sculpting. In his room, you can see he has so wood carvings. So he’s most likely an artist, not an apprentice.

Kikki
Post Posted: Aug 18, 2019 1:29 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yeah, it makes sense considering the sculpture and sculpting tools. And he LOOKS more like an artist/sculptor than a carpenter, to me. Not that a carpenter can't look like whatever he/she wants to. I did notice that the reddit post says he SEEMS TO BE an apprentice.

Somerandom
Post Posted: Aug 18, 2019 1:30 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Now Gotz isn’t living alone anymore, as someone who knows about Gotz backstory, I am very happy.

Spoiler:
In BTN it was revealed that Gotz lost his wife and child in a snowstorm.

nongo
Post Posted: Aug 18, 2019 1:46 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Somerandom wrote:
Now Gotz isn’t living alone anymore, as someone who knows about Gotz backstory, I am very happy.

Spoiler:
In BTN it was revealed that Gotz lost his wife and child in a snowstorm.

Right? I was thinking that too. Gotz has always been a lonely character who has almost no interactions with any of the the villagers. So I guess Brandon will be playing a big part in his story arc.

OctavieKnite88
Post Posted: Aug 18, 2019 3:04 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Not only is the new bachelor cute but we're getting an actual new SoS game eventually. Already bought my ticket for the hype train!

Pachi
Post Posted: Aug 18, 2019 4:35 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Yeah, Brandon looks more of an artist than a carpenter. I thought it weird as well that he looked too fancy to be a carpenter :lol: I wonder though, would he be available in town right away or does he move in after some time? I mean, I think we should see Gotz super aloof and lonely at first, then Brandon moves in and makes Gotz loosen up a bit.

... though, after typing that and giving it some thought, I think it doesn't matter a lot :lol:

Anyway, still no news about rivals, but yay for confirmed new game in development! :)

Kikki
Post Posted: Aug 18, 2019 4:52 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I really thought the mystery guy was going to have red hair. But it's weird that that's actually true. It's one of those things you think is gonna be right without actually believing it, lol.

I suppose Brandon could be both an apprentice carpenter AND a sculptor. Wood sculpture seems like a rather useful hobby for a carpenter. But it's sure that there's a sculpture and sculpting tools in that screenshot, at least.

Well, now that I know what all the bachelors look like, I don't know who I'll end up choosing. It's probably gonna come down to Rick, Doctor and Brandon, with personality/events being the deciding factor(s). But the only one I have NO interest in is Kai, at this point. (I suppose that could always change, though...but on looks/design alone, Kai is not my cup o' tea.)

If only one of them had white hair. I always find it hard to resist white hair with tan skin. If they'd aged Tigre up a decade or two and made him a candidate in Trio, there's no way I'd have passed him up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 93  Next