Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Feb 26, 2020 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 94  Next

Are you excited?
Yes! 84%  84%  [ 390 ]
No! 7%  7%  [ 31 ]
Undecided. 9%  9%  [ 41 ]
Total votes : 462
Shan O 123
Post Posted: Oct 03, 2019 5:40 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Without winter crops winter is dead to me. I personally hate mining and prefer the mining notes. Fishing isn’t my thing either so I’m sleeping through winter it looks like.

Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 03, 2019 5:46 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

It'd be nice if they could add even just one magical crop to winter (or two or three), or something like that. Maybe one tree, one veg, one flower. Like crystal flowers, snow melons and icicle carrots, or something. Or if magical crops don't work and they don't want to make NEW crops, they could budge the hardiest spring and autumn crops to winter, if the other seasons have a lot of crops.

I haven't played so I don't know...I think I could probably keep myself busy with mining and socializing (and I'm sure you still have to take care of your animals)...but I do always like to have some farming to do.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Oct 03, 2019 5:56 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I remember playing through winter in SI. No winter crops and you can’t go far down the mine without actual food. Then there’s GrB where there’s no crops AND no mine at all. Fishing was a thing but so boring. It didn’t take long to take care of your animals and socializing didn’t take much.

Code_Name_Geek
Post Posted: Oct 03, 2019 5:57 pm 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

I think the original version of the winter theme is achingly beautiful, it almost sounds like a classical requiem or the slow movement of a string quartet. But I can see how it would get tiring too, and this remix seems to match the more cheerful and bright aesthetic of the remake better. (At least I always associated the original with more washed out colours because I have the old side-lit GBA lol).

I also hope there’s no winter crops, I kind of miss that. I think there was enough to do with mining, fishing, socializing, animals, and the daily wood-chopping grind (anyone know if that will be returning for that matter?).

Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 03, 2019 6:02 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

There's another clip, though I don't know if it's new...I think it's just featuring the pink sheep costume that's probably a purchase bonus from a particular retailer. However you can see a pink and a gold (?) cow in the barn so ... if it hasn't been posted, maybe it's of interest? I know I've already seen the pink cow but I'm not sure about the gold one.

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Oct 03, 2019 6:40 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

^ Don’t know if it’s been posted but I haven’t seen it. That costume is so cute! I hope I can get it lol.
Also I love how rolly-polly the cows are. Maybe it’s already been said but I wonder if you purchase them already those colors or do they change colors depending on their product quality/festivals won or???

Pachi
Post Posted: Oct 04, 2019 7:16 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

I wonder if Gotz' upgrades still take days to finish? The video doesn't really clearly show..

And yes, I agree with the revamped winter theme! The old one felt depressing; there were also no crops to sow and I always associated winter with one of Cliff's events, which added to the sadness

MDEZ
Post Posted: Oct 04, 2019 9:18 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

lol.. I can still hear that FoMT winter theme in my head without having to look it up. So depressing. And wow, they didn’t even add any winter crops to this game? Kinda surprising because that seems to be a thing in the newer SoS games. Winter is always my least favorite season (both IRL and in these games!) - I just get bored easily, and since there are no crops to water the days feel so much longer .. also I take a big hit with my earnings due to there not being any crops to grow- And I’m personally not that much into mining, I’d rather go fishing actually.

Crystal Power
Post Posted: Oct 04, 2019 9:49 pm 
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

I hope this doesn't come off as "complaining" but I just wanted to say it feels contradictory when they they feel the need to revamp the art or remove TV shopping due to the current players "not knowing what it is" or adding new candidates, yet refrain from adding Winter crops (a feature now in new games) due to... the original not having it? I don't know, just feels like they randomly pick and choose what they wanted to add and what not.

Also to clarify I love ALL the new designs and I especially love the addition Brandon and Jennifer, so I hope my point is clear though.

Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 04, 2019 10:23 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I don't think we know whether they have or have not added winter crops, though. I haven't seen anything that says either way, at least.

Terra575
Post Posted: Oct 05, 2019 1:31 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I really hope there's no winter crops, I loved that aspect of the original game, and since it was my first HM game I've always preferred it that way! Mining on top of Kappa's lake for gems only during the winter is so much fun. I actually always ended up making way more money in the winter than other seasons, due to that winter-only location.

The winter theme in FOMT was emotional and pretty chilling, I always loved that it set the mood. One of my favourite songs of any harvest moon game! It's beautiful <3

Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 05, 2019 2:14 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

This is what I mean when I say I wonder what kind of balance Marvelous is going for with this game. People who are looking for nostalgia want very different things from fans who have joined the series within the last several games. And the series has a lot more fans now than it did when the original game out. They're obviously revamping some things, but it's hard to tell where the balance will lie. Are they revamping the whole game and sneaking newer concepts in almost everywhere, or leaving most of the core gameplay true to the original?

Spoiler:
Knowing Marvelous and the way they always try to appeal to the majority, I think they'll do the same here. But I also think if they half-ass it and try to please BOTH groups of fans...fans of the original and people who may not have played because they only started into Bokumono in the last 2-3 games (or whatever)...they're going to end up making a game that doesn't really suit anyone. I can't help but wonder what balance this game is going to strike. Well...less than two weeks now before we start finding out! I'm sure a few people on FOGU will be playing the Japanese version, but even if they aren't, we'll start getting first-hand impressions from around the internet around then.

Personally, I think they should go all-in on trying out more of the older ways of doing things. Not because I like them...I don't. But this will give newer fans a chance to try a game in the older style while still having the spiffier modern-quality graphics and smoother mechanics. It could be that just working really smoothly and looking great would make old games popular with a new crowd and since they're doing this remake, I feel like they should just go ahead and see if that's the case.
So for that reason, I'm basically hoping they mostly just give this game a polishing, but leave core gameplay true to the original rather than adding too many newer elements. Like, I prefer to farm. But I think I'd rather they leave winter with no crops since that's how it worked in the original, just to see what that's like. The original had much more detailed mining, and...actually I don't know about the fishing. The only fishing I've ever enjoyed in Bokumono was ANBs, because I could fish up recipes and blueprints, which made it feel like a fun gamble every time. Until I had them all, anyway.

Well, it's not like the original disappears after this gets made. The original can always be gone back to if fans of it don't like this remake, so maybe I'm not being sensible and giving it a major overhaul is actually the best idea. I just think seeing if the older style of game will appeal to the new generation of players is worth finding out.

Terra575
Post Posted: Oct 05, 2019 2:24 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

From what I've seen so far, I think they're striking a good balance. I'm glad it's not a major overhaul, because if a company is going to do that, they should just make a new game, versus claiming it's a remake and then changing everything imo (which I think is why some recent movie remakes have backfired, because they use the old title and character names, but not much else, so they set up old fan expectations and don't deliver).

I'm curious to see what newer HM players will think of the mining system; it definitely is more complicated and, in my experience, more rewarding than newer mining systems. In most of the newer HM games I've played, they don't even have mining, which is weird to me haha. But it also makes sense, since realistically most farmers aren't miners as well.

I like that they did remixes of the original music, I think that was a cool move. Thankfully I still have my old handheld systems so I can still play FoMT/MFoMT when I crave the classic!

Also, I don't know the numbers on this, but I'm not sure if HM is vastly more popular than it was back then. I think it just feels that way due to the internet--but I know a lot of gamers who loved the HM games in the 90s and early 2000s, and haven't touched the new games/didn't even know they're still making HM. So I'm not sure!

Cherubae
Post Posted: Oct 05, 2019 7:59 am 
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Pachi wrote:
I wonder if Gotz' upgrades still take days to finish? The video doesn't really clearly show..

The inventory page says the upgrade will take 3 days, and you can see the day of the month change from when Gotz started and when he finished.

Code_Name_Geek
Post Posted: Oct 05, 2019 11:46 am 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Kikki wrote:
So for that reason, I'm basically hoping they mostly just give this game a polishing, but leave core gameplay true to the original rather than adding too many newer elements. Like, I prefer to farm. But I think I'd rather they leave winter with no crops since that's how it worked in the original, just to see what that's like. The original had much more detailed mining, and...actually I don't know about the fishing. The only fishing I've ever enjoyed in Bokumono was ANBs, because I could fish up recipes and blueprints, which made it feel like a fun gamble every time. Until I had them all, anyway.
The fishing in the original wasn't terribly detailed, but it did have a list of fish that varied by season and location. Once you caught the fish, however, they simply became a small fish, medium fish, or large fish that shipped for set prices. So if you like completing collections and stuff then that was available but hunting down rare fish to sell wasn't a feature, if that makes sense. There were a few special items you could catch like a Power Berry also, but not many. I wonder what they'll do with it in the remake though!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 94  Next