Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Feb 26, 2020 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 94  Next

Are you excited?
Yes! 84%  84%  [ 390 ]
No! 7%  7%  [ 31 ]
Undecided. 9%  9%  [ 41 ]
Total votes : 462
Terra575
Post Posted: Oct 08, 2019 2:50 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Does anyone have an estimate on when the English version of the game will be released?

Bluie
Post Posted: Oct 08, 2019 3:48 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Unfortunately, no. Xseed has announced localization and not much else. They have their hands full with Heroland, Sakuna of Rice and Ruin, Granblue Fantasy: Versus, Corpse Party 2, and Rune Factory 4 Special - none of which have a solid release date.

Burning Spear
Post Posted: Oct 08, 2019 4:11 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

ChaosAzerothCat wrote:
Shan O 123 wrote:
Quote:
Like, I prefer to farm. But I think I'd rather they leave winter with no crops since that's how it worked in the original, just to see what that's like.
I know what’s it like. Without winter crops the day feels much longer. Even with animals.

I played the original FoMT and I can't say I feel the same. Felt like a great time for mining to me. A nice change of pace from farming.

I love newer games in a lot of ways, but I do miss the mining season in a lot of ways too personally.

When I was introduced to the series, winter was always a dormant season for farming. It's what I got used to, so it's what I prefer. And as someone said earlier in this thread, in FoMT I always used winter to mine like crazy and catch up on building friendship.

Burning Spear
Post Posted: Oct 08, 2019 4:27 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Anna_Lynn wrote:
I honestly can't wait to play this game on my switch; less than ten days to go!

Can you read Japanese, or are there English subtitles?

Anna_Lynn
Post Posted: Oct 08, 2019 5:20 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Burning Spear wrote:
Anna_Lynn wrote:

Nah, I can't read Japanese. I know a few simple Kanji, but not enough for me to figure out a bunch of dialogue all at once. I plan on using an app on my phone that can scan the japanese text with the camera, and translate the text in real time. It's far from being 100% accurate, but I've played the original before, and have a pretty good idea on what the characters would say in any scenario. Thank goodness most harvest moon characters have dialogue like "today's a sunny day!" or "I like going to church on Sunday's!" :lol:

Burning Spear
Post Posted: Oct 08, 2019 5:25 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Anna_Lynn wrote:
Burning Spear wrote:
Anna_Lynn wrote:

Nah, I can't read Japanese. I know a few simple Kanji, but not enough for me to figure out a bunch of dialogue all at once. I plan on using an app on my phone that can scan the japanese text with the camera, and translate the text in real time. It's far from being 100% accurate, but I've played the original before, and have a pretty good idea on what the characters would say in any scenario. Thank goodness most harvest moon characters have dialogue like "today's a sunny day!" or "I like going to church on Sunday's!" :lol:

Great idea! You made me pause for a moment, but I think I'll just immerse myself in the Doraemon game until this one gets a translation.

Getaris
Post Posted: Oct 08, 2019 8:09 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

nongo wrote:
Yeah but picking up weeds means you have to press a button twice to pull out and get rid of it. And you lose friendship points from the villagers because it's littering.

As far as I know, in the original version the villagers don’t really care how much you litter while you’re in your farm.

—————

Picking things up didn’t consume energy back then, so I certainly hope they don’t change that just to make us use the sickle :lol:

Bluie
Post Posted: Oct 09, 2019 3:07 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Oh my goooooosh :heart:

What an adorable idea! I love creative reverse covers!

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Oct 09, 2019 11:05 am 
Anonymous Fish

Anna_Lynn wrote:
Burning Spear wrote:
Anna_Lynn wrote:

Nah, I can't read Japanese. I know a few simple Kanji, but not enough for me to figure out a bunch of dialogue all at once. I plan on using an app on my phone that can scan the japanese text with the camera, and translate the text in real time.

Clever! Do you mind if I ask what the name of that app is? That sounds so convenient, I'd love to try it out myself!

Anna_Lynn
Post Posted: Oct 09, 2019 12:21 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Anonymous Fish wrote:
Anna_Lynn wrote:
Burning Spear wrote:
Anna_Lynn wrote:

Nah, I can't read Japanese. I know a few simple Kanji, but not enough for me to figure out a bunch of dialogue all at once. I plan on using an app on my phone that can scan the japanese text with the camera, and translate the text in real time.

Clever! Do you mind if I ask what the name of that app is? That sounds so convenient, I'd love to try it out myself!

Oh sure, no problem! It's nothing fancy; it's literally just the Google Translate app. Some people give google translate a hard time because it's "not an accurate translator" but my experience with it is fine. The translator apps I've used in the past all sucked in my opinion. With Google translate, I didn't have to pay a premium each month to use their translating service, and they already translated the japanese waaaaay better than other apps I tried.

With the camera on your device, you can either have the app translate text automatically after seeing the Japanese characters, or take a picture of what you want to translate, and the app will do a scan of the photo, providing a translation for you. Since my camera quality on my phone isn't the greatest, I choose to not have my phone attempt to translate Japanese characters as soon as they appear on my screen, because otherwise I get broken english.

For example, here's what the Switch's description on the Japanese eshop looks like for "Return to Mineral Town"
Spoiler:

Here's what the camera on my phone managed to translate. Usually when I find a grammatically accurate angle, I pause the translation, which pauses the translation process, allowing you to read the text.
Spoiler:

Obviously, that is nowhere near being grammatically correct from an English speaker's eyes (hence the translated text "Blue living game "Ranch Story" series first!) So that's when I move to my preferred method of camera translation; the "scan" option that was at the bottom of the picture. I get a nice, clean angle of the Japanese text I'm attempting to translate, and tap on the button to begin the scan. It thoroughly scans the captured shot, and provides me with a most accurate translation...or so I'd like to believe. :lol:
Here's what the scan of Return To Mineral Town's Japanese description is on the Nintendo Switch Eshop.
Spoiler:

So yeah, with a bit of common sense, it's easy to make out what the text is trying to convey, plus keep in mind that the Japanese characters are fairly teeny on the Eshop, whereas the text for the game will most likely be larger, especially in the villager's dialogue boxes. Hopefully my phone's camera can translate that better than the blurry scans it was trying to do off of my switch. :shock:

Somerandom
Post Posted: Oct 09, 2019 3:53 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

I’ll probably see if I can buy the Chinese version, as I study Chinese and can understand a little bit. I use the app made especially for Chinese, Pleco to help out with translations and words I don’t understand. It is similar to google translate in that it has a camera translation feature, but it is mainly one or two characters at a time which is better for me as I can interpret the meaning based on context. You can also use the touch screen on a phone or tablet to write characters into the dictionary.

I’m not waiting for the release however, as I like to buy my games when they are slightly cheaper and I prefer to buy physical copies of games.

nongo
Post Posted: Oct 09, 2019 4:27 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Bluie wrote:
Oh my goooooosh :heart:

What an adorable idea! I love creative reverse covers!

I love reverse covers too! I tend to choose them over the original. This is actually a really neat idea.

Pachi
Post Posted: Oct 09, 2019 7:15 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

@Anna_Lynn that's a really neat method! I tried the instant before and was disappointed; I didn't think of using the scan method because I thought it would give the same results. I'll try this next time :lol:

Ehppy
Post Posted: Oct 09, 2019 11:04 pm 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Has this been posted yet?

Spoiler'd for board stretch.
Spoiler:

Van and Ruby are coming to Mineral Town!
That's cool. I've always really liked Ruby.
Also that penguin is cuuute. :heart:

Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 10, 2019 12:34 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

The image shows as broken, for me, Ehppy. (Might just be me, though.) But I did see a Tweet just now, so I'll put that here...I didn't check the translation but it looks to be about playing with pets.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 94  Next