Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Feb 26, 2020 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 94  Next

Are you excited?
Yes! 84%  84%  [ 390 ]
No! 7%  7%  [ 31 ]
Undecided. 9%  9%  [ 41 ]
Total votes : 462
Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 17, 2019 2:18 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Well, with the game already being OUT and some folks here being able to give first-hand accounts and screenshots of the game, perhaps no one cares about clips any more. However, I had to lay a bunch of sod this month, so seeing the farmer so casually pull out big squares of it like and happily plunk them down on any bit of uncultivated land is just...

I am so jealous. This is one FIT little farmer. (Sod is H-E-A-V-Y!) My back was already hurt before I started putting down sod, so you can imagine what it was like after. But this little dude seems as though he could pop them down all day. Interesting way for grass to work, too.

I'm also a bit surprised they are still putting up clips. I thought they'd stop when the game was released.

Bluie
Post Posted: Oct 17, 2019 3:30 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Huh, that's certainly new. In the original you had to till and plant grass seed like any other crop, and then you could leave it to grow on it's own once it was past the seedling stage. I don't recall ever having to option to just buy squares of sod.

Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 17, 2019 3:36 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Seems like the grass has the potential to grow out of control, since it will spread onto any uncultivated land that doesn't have something else already on it (like a rock or weed.) But...from the looks of things, this may be the first Bokumono game that makes me actually want animals. Seems that we can have very weird produce. Coffee cow? Strawberry cow? Tea chicken? NEAT. Wish I knew what the orangey-gold cow produced. "Fruit", okay, but I don't know what that means. What comes outta that cow!? Random types of fruit juice?? Pineapple, apple, grape...ugh. I doubt that's it, but I really want to know. Maybe all different flavours of milk. Coffee cow makes lattes, strawberry cow makes strawberry milk, and 'fruits' cow makes...smoothies? I wish I knew, lol.

So if the grass is needed for them, I may want lots. I totally want to get produce off of a coffee cow!

I wonder a little bit if they were influenced by Stardew Valley, since that's basically how grass works there...it slowly takes over all uncultivated land.

Anna_Lynn
Post Posted: Oct 17, 2019 4:39 am 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Ugh, glad I'm not the only one who's having their animals glitch out of existence. On day one, day freaking one of buying them from Lillia, I rang the bell to put my two chickens and rabbit outside. Then went foraging and mining in the mountains. Came back to my farm at sunset, and my brown chicken is the only one in the feeding area. Went to check in my coop--nope; no white chicken or rabbit.

I went to check my farm map, and that's where I found them. Somehow, someway, my angora rabbit glitched itself onto the chunk of land that's out-of-bounds on the bottom left of my farm and below the river. My white chicken was trapped inside of the water sluice gate for chicken feed. Even the horse joined in the fun! Mr. Horsie was busy floatin' down the river! How does that even happen?! And if a lot of people are experiencing this issue, how did none of the developers find this out when testing the game??? All the clips of the chickens on Twitter looked fine; the chickens were all in the feeding pen area...

haloharvestmoon
Post Posted: Oct 17, 2019 7:59 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

If anyone else is playing who isn't the best with reading Japanese - I recently realized that google translate has a pretty decent camera function. This makes understanding what's going on a lot easier.

Spoiler:

The translations may not always be the most clear, but it sure beats not knowing anything that's going on! I just keep my phone on me while playing.

Sessy
Post Posted: Oct 17, 2019 10:28 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

The mobile app can "yomiwa" can help a lot with kanji identification, if that's an area you struggle with.

Anna_Lynn
Post Posted: Oct 17, 2019 10:29 am 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Just unlocked Won's apple game, and needless to say the lottery tickets are a lovely minigame now. It actually involves skill, rather than pure luck. By timing your numbers with A button presses, you can line up the slots.

I managed to get triple 9's on my second try. :)
But I didn't win any of the record music because I don't own a record player...because I don't have Van! :x

One more thing, Won now has an official blush sprite:
Spoiler:

Not sure how I feel about it. It's cute, but nothing special imo.

Last edited by Anna_Lynn on Oct 17, 2019 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anna_Lynn
Post Posted: Oct 17, 2019 10:32 am 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Oops, accidentally quoted instead of editing my original post.

Usagi5678
Post Posted: Oct 17, 2019 11:13 am 
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

This is going to sound crazy but some clever individual on the internet found an English patch in the game's code that can be applied if you make a few tweaks so...I'm wondering if the original plan was to release it here in the states today too.

Slowpoke
Post Posted: Oct 17, 2019 11:21 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Usagi5678 wrote:
This is going to sound crazy but some clever individual on the internet found an English patch in the game's code that can be applied if you make a few tweaks so...I'm wondering if the original plan was to release it here in the states today too.

Can you link that source? lol
found it
https://gbatemp.net/threads/story-of-se ... rt.550327/

Last edited by Slowpoke on Oct 17, 2019 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terra575
Post Posted: Oct 17, 2019 11:27 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Anna_Lynn wrote:
Just unlocked Won's apple game, and needless to say the lottery tickets are a lovely minigame now. It actually involves skill, rather than pure luck. By timing your numbers with A button presses, you can line up the slots.

I managed to get triple 9's on my second try. :)
But I didn't win any of the record music because I don't own a record player...because I don't have Van! :x

One more thing, Won now has an official blush sprite:
Spoiler:

Not sure how I feel about it. It's cute, but nothing special imo.

Oh my gosh, for some reason it's almost shocking to see Won blush! I'm still not used to how cute he is in this version :lol:

Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 17, 2019 11:33 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I want to support Xseed's localization so even if it's possible to play the game in English now, I'd rather wait until it's officially released. :)

Won IS super cute! Though I'm not into 'cute' on guys so much. But adorable it is, yeah.

Crystal Power
Post Posted: Oct 17, 2019 11:34 am 
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

I love seeing all the expressions so far, I hope someone make one of those character expression charts again. :heart:

gossipstone
Post Posted: Oct 17, 2019 11:43 am 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Crystal Power wrote:
I love seeing all the expressions so far, I hope someone make one of those character expression charts again. :heart:

Me too! I’m excited that they kept the more expressive character portraits; I know people were worried about that. To me they seem comparable to the original game, which is nice.

Slowpoke
Post Posted: Oct 17, 2019 11:55 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Kikki wrote:
I want to support Xseed's localization so even if it's possible to play the game in English now, I'd rather wait until it's officially released. :)

Won IS super cute! Though I'm not into 'cute' on guys so much. But adorable it is, yeah.

Xseed won't be changing too much since most of the work is done. Looking at what people were saying in that forum is that there is slight language bugs that make it not fit in the text boxes, etc. So hopefully localization should be quick since they just need to finetune a few things and change graphics to be in english instead of Japanese.

You'd have to hack your switch anyways to English patch it which I dont wanna do. I just think its interesting English already exists within the program but they didnt release it in English yet. (probably due to said bugs before)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 94  Next