Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town for Switch

A Nintendo Switch/PC/Ps4/XBox remake of the 2003 Gameboy Advance games HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: More Friends of Mineral Town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Oct 2019. NA release = Jul 2020. EU release = Jul 2020.

Are you excited?

You may select 1 option

View results

OctavieKnite88
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I think this mysterious girl in the photo is the new bachelorette. And if she's replacing Won it'll be a huge improvement as I'm assuming she'll at least be cute :P

If she is indeed a replacement for Won I wonder if the new guy is going to be a redesigned Gourmet? Maybe he got the bishie treatment. I don't really care for spouses that don't live with you or are gone a ton though, so if he is then I won't bother with him. Same with the girl. And they'd better both have heart events.
Last edited by OctavieKnite88 on Jul 18, 2019 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Winona, Win for short.
Katze
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

That mystery person is definitely a girl, not Won. His hat wouldn't blend that seamlessly into his clothes like that, not even from a top-down view. That's blonde hair. I think the dark thin part on the side of her head that people are mistaking for Won's braid is actually a small side extension from her hat.
OctavieKnite88
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Katze wrote:That mystery person is definitely a girl, not Won. His hat wouldn't blend that seamlessly into his clothes like that, not even from a top-down view. That's blonde hair. I think the dark thin part on the side of her head that people are mistaking for Won's braid is actually a small side extension from her hat.
I agree. She obviously has super long blond hair and looks to be wearing a red and black bandana. But she could possibly be replacing Won as a character?
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, we will figure it out eventually.

This vaguely reminds me of the time Natsume revealed the story to The Lost Valley and people assumed the Underworld King would be either a hot hunk or satan himself, but in the end he was... An angry giant fat man. :lol:
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Watch it be nobody...just a faceless NPC. I don't know if FoMT had or will have those, the way SoS and Trio do, but it'd be kind of funny if something that provoked a lot of discussion turned out to be nothing at all. :)

Kinda fancy-looking for a nobody, though.
Riddler
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:Well, we will figure it out eventually.

This vaguely reminds me of the time Natsume revealed the story to The Lost Valley and people assumed the Underworld King would be either a hot hunk or satan himself, but in the end he was... An angry giant fat man. :lol:
I remember reading that.
Kikki wrote:Watch it be nobody...just a faceless NPC. I don't know if FoMT had or will have those, the way SoS and Trio do, but it'd be kind of funny if something that provoked a lot of discussion turned out to be nothing at all. :)

It has to be somebody. We wouldn’t be talking about them if it’s nobody. Npcs isn’t THAT fancy.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Watch it be nobody...just a faceless NPC. I don't know if FoMT had or will have those, the way SoS and Trio do, but it'd be kind of funny if something that provoked a lot of discussion turned out to be nothing at all. :)

Hahahah we got worked up for nothing :lol: FOMT didn't have the faceless NPCs then, and I agree they look to fancy to be a nobody
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Riddler wrote:It has to be somebody. We wouldn’t be talking about them if it’s nobody. Npcs isn’t THAT fancy.
That's actually not true. :) We had a big discussion about a character we spotted in Trio, pre-release, in a long red coat with blond hair...a lot of people thought it might be Neil. Turned out he was nobody. Faceless NPC. He was the shop-keeper of one of Westown's shops, but he had no face and wasn't an actual resident character or anything like that.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Honestly, I'm pretty certain that that character is the chibi'd in-game version of the new girl's art. Blew them both up in Photoshop and messed around with some light settings.

The black silhouette when you blow it up and look closer definitely has an indentation like she's wearing a beanie/hat of some sort. And while not exactly 100% the same, her hair is in a very similar shape as mystery girl. Since she's low poly in-game it would make sense it's not a 1/1, but it's close enough that I'm pretty convinced.

We'll see!
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

We could open a poll. Like a mini splatfest.
KonekoChan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

WAIT we also need to talk about the fact that we can ride the horse around outside the farm???? YES not that mineral town is big enough to really justify the need for faster travel but uh, STILL
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I’m totally convinced that’s the new girl. Both the long wavy hair and some sort of thing on her head match. What is she even wearing though? Really round hat? Bandanna? Horse riding helmet? That’d make sense. Race car helmet?? ...Aja? Eh, probably not cause her parents have dark hair.

Also pretty sure the dude in the mountain is Gotz. Cause, I mean, who else? So that’s where Cliff’s ponytail went.
quigley
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:Honestly, I'm pretty certain that that character is the chibi'd in-game version of the new girl's art. Blew them both up in Photoshop and messed around with some light settings.

The black silhouette when you blow it up and look closer definitely has an indentation like she's wearing a beanie/hat of some sort. And while not exactly 100% the same, her hair is in a very similar shape as mystery girl. Since she's low poly in-game it would make sense it's not a 1/1, but it's close enough that I'm pretty convinced.

We'll see!
That's a great observation, Rope! I'm convinced.

I wonder if the developers are devious enough (and knew their fandom well enough) to predict that we'd notice this character for the millisecond they appear in the video and analyze it this intensely. I'm guessing....yes.
freckles
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:Honestly, I'm pretty certain that that character is the chibi'd in-game version of the new girl's art. Blew them both up in Photoshop and messed around with some light settings.

We'll see!
yeah I'm convinced as well; it does look like she's got a beanie or something on.