Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town for Switch

A Nintendo Switch/PC/Ps4/XBox remake of the 2003 Gameboy Advance games HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: More Friends of Mineral Town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Oct 2019. NA release = Jul 2020. EU release = Jul 2020.

Are you excited?

You may select 1 option

View results

Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Ahh how exciting! All will be known soon enough.
I found this while scrolling through tumblr, which I thought was really interesting.
No mention of full character customization, but you can change your character's skintone!
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Only three options it seems, but it's cool that they include some options at least. I wonder if your baby's skintone will reflect your choice, since they don't seem to be based off of the spouse' design.
I can't wait to get my hands on this game. I wonder how far off the localization is. I'm not getting my hopes up for too soon, but I'm antsy all the same. :lol:

I'm linking the post where I found these screens as well.

Credit where credit is due and all.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think this is the first I've seen of the new protagonist models. I'll definitely be choosing the new one. I can never really identify with protags who have long blonde hair, when mine is short (shorter than the new protag's, even) and nearly black. Nice to have options! :)

Have we ever had a red-headed female protagonist? Not in any of the games I've played, at least. Well...I guess you could count Trio's as being sort of red-headed since her hair was fairly orange, but to me that came across more blonde than anything else.
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:I think this is the first I've seen of the new protagonist models. I'll definitely be choosing the new one. I can never really identify with protags who have long blonde hair, when mine is short (shorter than the new protag's, even) and nearly black. Nice to have options! :)

Have we ever had a red-headed female protagonist? Not in any of the games I've played, at least. Well...I guess you could count Trio's as being sort of red-headed since her hair was fairly orange, but to me that came across more blonde than anything else.

I feel you on that. I'll probably be playing as the new protagonist' design for similar reasons. She doesn't look like me necessarily, but she's got brown hair like me, so I can see myself in her a little easier. I do love Claire's design though. She is very much a classic HM Protagonist. :)

Now that you mention it, I don't think so! Sometimes in promotional art some characters hair looks a little more red than brown. Molly, Animal Parade's protag, sometimes looks to have a sort of strawberry blonde color in artwork, but her model definitely has brown hair. Maybe next game! It would be cool to see. :)
Crystal Power
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I'll be honest, it's a bit discouraging when these games from Japan have very shallow skin tone options such as "fair, fair 1.5, and tan" but also have a wide variety of other options like afro's, cornrows, blonde hair, etc, etc. Like is it really to much to add brown and black skin tones (the tones that are already frowned upon in nearly all parts of the world) in this modern age where I'm certain they know these exist and even quite a few Japanese games have the option already. So why do some still avoid it... -_-
Mecha-Lollipop
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

The game is super cute and fun so far but I'm having a rough time figuring out basic controls like trying to hold something that's in my rucksack to give to people.
Sessy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Playing it now! Very cute so far, and you can choose your skin color as a character customization. There are also two modes of difficulty to select at the start. You can also refuse to take care of the farm when Tomas asks you to and the credits will roll haha!

If anyone wants screens or info about something specific, feel free to ask!

Edit:
I'll just add some info below as I go along:
Spoiler:
The spring festivals are mochi pounding, spring Thanksgiving, spring horse race, and the cooking festival.

Summer festivals are beach opening day, chicken festival, cow festival, and fireworks.

Autumn festivals are the music festival, harvest festival, moon viewing, autumn horse race, fluffy festival (guessing this is for sheep and alpacas), and pumpkin festival.

Winter has winter Thanksgiving, starry night, soba eating/new years festival.
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

Guess what event I just triggered~? :)
Spoiler:
This is the payback I get for confessing to Carter all the time. By the way, Carter still condemns you to Hell for your unspeakable acts of littering in the road, blah blah blah lol.
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Sessy wrote: I'll just add some info below as I go along:
Spoiler:
The spring festivals are mochi pounding, spring Thanksgiving, spring horse race, and the cooking festival.

Summer festivals are beach opening day, chicken festival, cow festival, and fireworks.

Autumn festivals are the music festival, harvest festival, moon viewing, autumn horse race, fluffy festival (guessing this is for sheep and alpacas), and pumpkin festival.

Spoiler:
I was curious about whether they added back the cut BTN events like the goddess festival, but from what you have said I gather they didn’t include them again? That’s sad...
Sessy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Somerandom wrote:
Sessy wrote: I'll just add some info below as I go along:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I was curious about whether they added back the cut BTN events like the goddess festival, but from what you have said I gather they didn’t include them again? That’s sad...
Spoiler:
Sadly it looks as if there is no goddess festival, but if it somehow appears in the second year or something that would be nice
About the dialogue
Spoiler:
The townsfolk appear, so far, to say exactly what they said in the previous installments of the game. I haven't encountered anything different as of yet.
Other details:
Spoiler:
Time seems to pass rather quickly

There are some convenient areas connecting parts of the town/mountain that previously were blocked off.

You can save whenever you like by using the diary, no need to sleep.

I got the first powerberry by sowing the field almost immediatly. Not sure if I got insanely lucky or they made it easier.

No specific musical themes for the bachelorettes T^T
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

So in my file, I'm playing as the female MC and managed to trigger a black heart event for Popuri...as well as her purple heart event. I mean I know the best friend's system is a thing in the remake, though it confused the heck out of me when I randomly triggered it. I've talked to her maybe ten times now (0 gifts), and she already loves me more than the bachelor I'm going for, lol.

Edit: I'm not sure if this is a new thing or not, but I just talked to Gotz on the 20th of Spring, and he started talking about how he was excited for the cooking festival that was coming up. I don't recall villagers in the original game ever discussing festivals, so that was a nice detail...reminds me of RF4 in a way. (Now to figure out what Karen has to say about the cooking festival, haha)
Last edited by Anna_Lynn on Oct 16, 2019 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slowpoke
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

im purchasing now even tho i hardly know Japanese. im just too excited to not get it haha
NinjaOfPallet
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
I was hoping they would make a mix between BTN and FoMT. Too bad we don't get the cool old festivals, like the tomato festival, the dance festival in New Year, the swimming day... Also, it would be really nice if the bachelorettes had their own musical themes back like BTN. Hopefully the special candidates won't have the ridiculous requirements they once had, but I'm not too confident about that.
Sessy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

New characters
Spoiler:
Brandon and Jennifer are available from the start. Jennifer lives in a tent near the lake on mother's hill.
Farm upgrades
Spoiler:
Looks like fruit trees are available to buy from Gotz! I started with a grape tree, he seems to sell apple, mountain grape, and orange (mikan, actually) trees.

He also sells a clock, big bookshelf, and big TV. House upgrades are standard stuff.
Animals
Spoiler:
Barley sells a bunch of cows from the get go: regular, coffee, strawberry, and fruits! (!?)

Also available are sheep and alpacas for 4k g each.
Rivals
Spoiler:
I saw a scene between Mary and Grey, so it seems there are also rival relationships in this version
Music
Spoiler:
On the 8th day of spring the music on the farm changed! A nice surprise! It returned to normal the next day.
Last edited by Sessy on Oct 16, 2019 5:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Slowpoke
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

NinjaOfPallet wrote:
Spoiler:
I was hoping they would make a mix between BTN and FoMT. Too bad we don't get the cool old festivals, like the tomato festival, the dance festival in New Year, the swimming day... Also, it would be really nice if the bachelorettes had their own musical themes back like BTN. Hopefully the special candidates won't have the ridiculous requirements they once had, but I'm not too confident about that.
Spoiler:
To be fair the title is friends of mineral town not BTN so i wasnt expecting any BTN influence
NinjaOfPallet
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Slowpoke wrote:
NinjaOfPallet wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
To be fair the title is friends of mineral town not BTN so i wasnt expecting any BTN influence
Spoiler:
Yeah, it is just that the Game Boy Advance had its limitations back then, which could justify the lack of certain features from BTN, but now they could have implanted these features again. I wasn't expecting that they would be THAT literal about keeping everything from FoMT.