Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town for Switch

A Nintendo Switch/PC/Ps4/XBox remake of the 2003 Gameboy Advance games HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: More Friends of Mineral Town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Oct 2019. NA release = Jul 2020. EU release = Jul 2020.

Are you excited?

You may select 1 option

View results

ferret
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

quigley wrote:
JustABeautifulGuy wrote:Also that beat picking up at the end caught me out of guard. :o
Same! The fall theme in FoMT is so chill and peaceful, that beat kinda came out of nowhere.
hahaha, i did not expect it and it made me burst out laughing
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

ferret wrote:
quigley wrote:
JustABeautifulGuy wrote:Also that beat picking up at the end caught me out of guard. :o
Same! The fall theme in FoMT is so chill and peaceful, that beat kinda came out of nowhere.
hahaha, i did not expect it and it made me burst out laughing
Hard same!! :lol: DJ's ready to drop the beat yo

The overlooking scenery is pretty~
Lewcinda
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I have bated high hopes for this game. FoMT was one of my absolute favorites growing up. I only really stopped playing because I got so caught up delving into the mines I would spend literal real life days in the mines. :shock: :lol:
nongo
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Since we're on the topic of the forest/mountain areas. I actually noticed from the trailer, for a brief second you can spot a tent in the forest. The main question is, who does it belong to? And if it doesn't belong to anyone, is it a new event that is to be added in? Maybe we can go camping now?
Spoiler:
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I remember there was an explorer-type character in BTN that was cut from FoMT. They could be bringing him back with his own place to stay this time.
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I have ptsd which affects my memory. Usually it is a major pain. But with gaming, it puts me in a weird place.

If I don't play a game for a couple months, when I go back i generally have to start over. I remember bits and bobs, but a lot of it is new to me. All the different HM/SoS games I've played have become mixed together in my head. I remember one with a bar and a tree nearby where you could set up a shop. Maybe HM64? I remember one had an old couple and I think it was the lady died. That one had mining and a redheaded woman. I think.

The only one I am really familiar with is soS:AToT it because I restarted and played it so much. I married the Dr then Wayne (yay! I remembered his name!!)

My daughter loved them all, especially being able to play as a girl in FoMT. I love and play them for her. I guess I'm fortunate that I won't have angst about this one because it will be new to me even tho I put hours into the original.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The one you describe is A Wonderful Life

By the way, your username is familiar. Do you have a Nintendo Life account?
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Yep, been there a long time. I don't post as much as I used to but munch a lot of popcorn. :-)

Who are you when you're there??? I recognise your name, but that may be because I've seen it here. That Damn memory thing.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

K8sMum wrote:Yep, been there a long time. I don't post as much as I used to but munch a lot of popcorn. :-)

Who are you when you're there??? I recognise your name, but that may be because I've seen it here. That Damn memory thing.
Oh yes the main site comment sections are... Something. I try to avoid them tbh. Which is probably odd when you consider I’m a moderator. Even the few articles about this game were like a trail mix of “Natsume sucks”, “this looks awful”, “lol stardew valley”.

My username there tends to start with morph, and sometimes it ends with eel.
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

The September edition of NintendoDREAM magazine has a 2-page article about SoS:FoMT. It looks like Zack's character sprite is on page one in the village screen shot. I don't see much new stuff. There are pictures of the two kids for those who may not have seen them yet.

Page one
Spoiler:
Page two
Spoiler:
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:
K8sMum wrote:Yep, been there a long time. I don't post as much as I used to but munch a lot of popcorn. :-)

Oh yes the main site comment sections are... Something. I try to avoid them tbh. Which is probably odd when you consider I’m a moderator. Even the few articles about this game were like a trail mix of “Natsume sucks”, “this looks awful”, “lol stardew valley”.

My username there tends to start with morph, and sometimes it ends with eel.
Omg!! I know you! I tried moderating on NL and got trashed by someone who was a real, let's just say, unpleasant, vicious guy. I think I lasted 3 days. This was back in the day when The Black Dragon ruled, heheh.

(Humming 'It's a small internet after all...)
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh wow I didn't know you were a mod there at one point!
Cherubae wrote:The September edition of NintendoDREAM magazine has a 2-page article about SoS:FoMT. It looks like Zack's character sprite is on page one in the village screen shot. I don't see much new stuff. There are pictures of the two kids for those who may not have seen them yet.

Page one
Spoiler:
Page two
Spoiler:

Seems like it's mostly just the same screenshots and info from the page and original trailer. Too bad, but well there's still plenty of time for new info
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

A discussion about this might've already been had, but I think it's kind of interesting that it looks like the female MC's storyline was changed to be the same as the boy's. The OG MFoMT female MC was an adult who was sick of her life and decided to buy a farm she saw advertised in the paper, while the boy used to the visit the farm as a kid and he inherited it as an adult when the old man died. Those screenshots seem to show the female MC in flashback mode as a kid on the farm. I wonder if relationships will play out a bit differently for her since she may have more of a history with the villagers/town now.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yes, probably to keep things consistent, and make it easier on the dev.

In either case, the old man is not related to you, and you don't really have any kind of history with the town, besides the one kid you befriended as a child. (the flashbacks never show you visiting the town itself, only the farm and forest).

Given the fact nobody actually remembers you, it's clear the mc only maintained communication with old man for all that time.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If the MC befriends as kid in the past that's gonna be brought up at some point. Because the female MC never had that before we can't know how it will change things for her, especially in terms of how things go over with the LIs. I'm just interested in seeing how it will end up coming into play. It could be very small, but it's almost certainly going to be something.