Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town for Switch

A Nintendo Switch/PC/Ps4/XBox remake of the 2003 Gameboy Advance games HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: More Friends of Mineral Town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Oct 2019. NA release = Jul 2020. EU release = Jul 2020.

Are you excited?

You may select 1 option

View results

nongo
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

They should give us both the option to buy/acheive recipe's and/or experiment to unlock.
I liked experimenting too but I don't mind cooking straight from the recipe either. Though I feel a lot more accomplished cooking a new recipe all on my own.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I’m more a guide person.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:A cooking clip! (I am definitely going to be turning that soundtrack way down, though, so I can barely hear it in the background. It's irritating.) The house looks rather barren. Lots of different cooking sations, but only one cupboard and one shelf, and a vast empty swath of wooden floor. Can you decorate your house or change its style? It looks so empty, I'd like to be able to spiff it up more.
The summer music is very... upbeat :lol:

The original games didn't really have the option to decorate the house, even if it's just wallpaper and flooring. Idk if the devs will add that option in in this game.

If cooking is recipe-only though, I wonder how we could collect them. Obviously buying probably, but I wonder if some recipes would be mined or fished, just like in ANB.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

In the originals/gba versions you could get recipes by watching tv, mining, befriending villagers, earning them in mini games, etc.

You would literally get a text-based recipe, it was up to you to prepare it and register it on your cook book. A few of them were items with the text recipe in the description.
nongo
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I've never been one to care about the home furniture customization but changing the tiles and wallpaper would be nice.

It seems eating certain dishes will give you special effects. That last dish she cooked/ate gave her a speed boost. I know they had this feature in previous SoS games but it's nice to know it's also being added into this one.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:In the originals/gba versions you could get recipes by watching tv, mining, befriending villagers, earning them in mini games, etc.

You would literally get a text-based recipe, it was up to you to prepare it and register it on your cook book. A few of them were items with the text recipe in the description.
Ah, fair. I've forgotten recipes were collected in those ways because I just relied on Cher's guide before :lol:
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

In MFoMT you could change the design of the windows, the dog house, and the mailbox. That's about as far as house customization went.

In this latest video you can see that the player now has the option to select how many cooked meals dishes they'd like to prepare. In the original each dish had to be cooked one at a time. I hope that players aren't forced to collect recipe to cook, since experimentation was part of the original.
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Honestly ToTT had one of my favorite cooking things. Experiment, but if you cooked enough you'd get a recipe too lol.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

ChaosAzerothCat wrote:Honestly ToTT had one of my favorite cooking things. Experiment, but if you cooked enough you'd get a recipe too lol.
I remember getting failed dishes before I knew a guide existed.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Lots of new stuff on the official website!

People and animals:
Female candidates with screenshots
Male candidates with screenshots (Nice to know the doc can smile!)
New villagers
Livestock (The rabbit thing is scary!)

Farming and town details:
New stuff about crop care?
A little more about animal care
Showing the buildings around town? And the villages who live there, I guess. Also looks like there might be a bit of info about festivals at the bottom of the page. I see what looks like two chickens fighting each other, a dog chasing a frisbee, a horse race (looks like more than one colour of horse available) and people gathering around an enormous cauldron of...purple soup?

And the site was also updated with the gerbera-naming contest results. The one I liked best didn't win, so meh, lol. Not that we know how this will get translated anyway.
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

:lol: oh man I forgot about the chicken sumo festival. Some people might not be happy about that ^^’
But I’m beyond happy to see the frisbee tossing is making a return.

I’m still....getting used to some of the redesigns. Like, I don’t see why they had to get rid of Greys hat but...*sigh*
I’ll probably go after Cliff (or Kappa for funzies) anyway and Grey doesn’t look bad imo, I just need to get used to the new designs.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh it looks like the chickens now have a built in fence. Guess I won’t be needing to make a stone fence for them.
JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I'm not sure what this translates to, my translator translates it to Aja's House.
If it is Aja's house, then I'm sure she's the special bachelorette.

Edit: It's the inn. Nvm :lol:
OctavieKnite88
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Everyone is looking so adorable! Looks like braids are popular with Popuri and Mary. I'm probably going to marry everyone but Elli and Kai. In Elli's case both male protags have brown hair and eyes and I don't go after people who look like they could be the character's sibling. Also brown hair and eyes is my least favorite combo. And in Kai's case...I like a guy with hair and I feel like he won't have any but we'll see. Glad to see the doctor looks better than I thought he would.
I saw alpacas and angora rabbits...if they're adding more wooly animals does that mean we'll be able to get some different outfits?
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Very excited about those festival/gameplay/villager updates! I'm getting less into the new direction for the marriage candidates the more they show, aha. Oh well. Maybe it'll grow on me.