So what is X-Seed going to do with the localization?

A Nintendo Switch/PC/Ps4/XBox remake of the 2003 Gameboy Advance games HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: More Friends of Mineral Town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Oct 2019. NA release = Jul 2020. EU release = Jul 2020.
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

Characters who have name changes are Mugi/Barley, Daddo/Doug, Yuu/Stu, Ran/Ann, Chefnen/Chef, Greedy/Hoggy, Chokkaku/Staid, and Goddess/Harvest Goddess. Technically, Gourmet was Gourmetman in the Japanese version.

We don't know the arrangements between the two companies, as it really isn't our business, so we'll simply have to wait and see if names stay direct translations of the originals or if they get renamed to their earlier English names.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If I remember correctly, they simply decided to use the Japanese names due to personal preference, and Natsume had no real problems with them using Reinal or Kam.

Of course, I could me misremembering.
roberuiza
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:If I remember correctly, they simply decided to use the Japanese names due to personal preference, and Natsume had no real problems with them using Reinal or Kam.

Of course, I could me misremembering.
It might be good for them since people will be able to link them to their own old game.

Do you think Natsume would release the original versions on switch like the VC on wii u? they would sell like hot cakes with us fans of the series.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If Nintendo offered the service, they probably would submit them, like in the wiiu.
Xtra
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I wouldn't consider Goddess to Harvest Goddess to really be a name change.
roberuiza
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:If Nintendo offered the service, they probably would submit them, like in the wiiu.
Some companies are releasing their old games on the switch, they just don´t use the banner of VC. there are a lot of Neo Geo games for example.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, yes, but on virtual console it was easier since Nintendo handled most of the coding work. Or at least that’s how Natsume made it sound when they talked about their virtual console games.

I don’t think Natsume has ever tried to remake or emulate an older game all on their own.
Solar Wind
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Carter better speak German or I'm going to riot.