The way we sell things to Huang.

A Nintendo Switch/PC/Ps4/XBox remake of the 2003 Gameboy Advance games HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: More Friends of Mineral Town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Oct 2019. NA release = Jul 2020. EU release = Jul 2020.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

A bit... ugh I can’t think of the word I want to use but I have mixed feelings on this system. On one hand we’re making money but selling items one a time while having a full pocket after horse race....

Good thing time stops indoors...
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Talk about an un-quality of life improvement. I know if I had to sell items one at a time to Van in A Wonderful Life, I would have definitely lost my mind. Strange that Huang won't buy multiple at once like Van in AWL. :shock:

Actually more I think about it, the original GBA game didn't allow stacking items in rucksack and you could only carry 9 things at a time. I guess improving the selling system to Huang was an oversight by the developers.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ven’s favorite is one thing, but when you have horse racing stuff in your bag...next time I’m just using shipping box. It’ll save me 90 minutes of rl time.
Kaiyumi
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

... oh lord, Shan, I can't even imagine selling those items to him one at a time, especially if you want to maximize profits and get the best price out of him.

I def just throw everything into the shipping bin for that reason if I have too many of them. B') 90 mins is killer.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, I can't throw the dresses and perfume into the shipping bin so Huang is the only way to get rid of them. The top 5 items from the derby can't be shipped. So there's that.
Kaiyumi
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

^ Ah, that's a good point! I forgot about that.

...:c In that case, oof. Nothing to it than having to spend the time for the money I guess!
-Frey-
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I always put the necklace (2k each) from the horse race in the basket, which could hold up to 30 items and sold them the next day via shipping bin.
Not sure how much they sell for in this version though, I forgot to check. ^^
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Murasaki wrote:Well, I can't throw the dresses and perfume into the shipping bin so Huang is the only way to get rid of them. The top 5 items from the derby can't be shipped. So there's that.
I had necklaces Therefore I had no excuses for not using the bin.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:
Murasaki wrote:Well, I can't throw the dresses and perfume into the shipping bin so Huang is the only way to get rid of them. The top 5 items from the derby can't be shipped. So there's that.
I had necklaces Therefore I had no excuses for not using the bin.
Nah, Huang pays more...if you stand to haggle the price and take even Longer in there.
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Yeah I just buy the brooches from the horse race for that reason. Plus, I think it has the best ticket-to-gold profit ratio? Though obviously you can carry more of the more expensive items in your rucksack so if you have enough tickets for that to be an issue they're useful for that.
freckles
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Do those prizes even make good gifts? It didn't occur to me to sell them for profit...
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

I think if you gave jewelry to the bachelorettes in the original GBA game, they would blush and say something like "are you sure you want to give me something so expensive?" Or maybe I'm thinking of BTN. Either way they commented on gifts that were necklaces, brooches, dresses, and perfumes. Not sure if marriage candidates still comment on them in the remake.
COTTONCANDII
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I won so many medals this time, I couldnt fit all the brooches in my backpack if I wanted to spend them all. I had to buy about 50 dresses and then bought brooches for the small sum left.. got about 700 000 I think?

I spent some time calculating what would give most profit. If I stacked the brooches to the limit in my backpack I would make less money (and still have looots of medals left unspent) than if I bought as many dresses I could afford, and then fill up the leftover slots with brooches.

I had to sell them one by one to Huang, it was an absolute chore. If youre not too worried about money, dont go all in on the bets, just settle for filling your rucksack with brooches and ship them.. Would it kill them to let us sell at least 9 at once? :( I feel like they want to make it harder to exploit him haha
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

If you can fill up your entire inventory with dresses, you can get over 2 million from Huang. It takes forever to be sure, and that's with just taking whatever he offers the first time. Inconvenience aside, I'm really pleased you can sell him stuff you can't ship this time, otherwise I wouldn't be anywhere near able to afford the town villa, a goal I never got close to achieving in the original game. As it stands now, I may finally be able to get it after a good pineapple season and another horse race. It makes me wonder what he's doing with all that stuff though, lol.
freckles
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

greensara wrote:If you can fill up your entire inventory with dresses, you can get over 2 million from Huang. It takes forever to be sure, and that's with just taking whatever he offers the first time. Inconvenience aside, I'm really pleased you can sell him stuff you can't ship this time, otherwise I wouldn't be anywhere near able to afford the town villa, a goal I never got close to achieving in the original game. As it stands now, I may finally be able to get it after a good pineapple season and another horse race. It makes me wonder what he's doing with all that stuff though, lol.
omg.... I feel stupid for not thinking about selling them LOL. I was like these must be special gifts for the ladies alkdjflkajf D:> I want that villa so bad!!!