How many children can you have?

A Nintendo Switch/PC/Ps4/XBox remake of the 2003 Gameboy Advance games HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: More Friends of Mineral Town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Oct 2019. NA release = Jul 2020. EU release = Jul 2020.
Briidoe
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I’m nowhere near getting married yet so this will be awhile for me, but i read somewhere that you get the option to choose if you want a boy or a girl etc, i just want to know if i can have two kids so i can have one of each or what?
Kaiyumi
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I think with the exception of Animal Parade, you only ever get one child in all Harvest Moon/Story of Season games! So if you have a strong preference on the gender of your child, make sure to pick that one when the option shows up.
Briidoe
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Kaiyumi wrote:I think with the exception of Animal Parade, you only ever get one child in all Harvest Moon/Story of Season games! So if you have a strong preference on the gender of your child, make sure to pick that one when the option shows up.
Thank you so much!! I totally blanked out on that one kinda is common sense !!
Kaiyumi
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

c: No problem! Have fun with the game! <3
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kaiyumi wrote:I think with the exception of Animal Parade, you only ever get one child in all Harvest Moon/Story of Season games! So if you have a strong preference on the gender of your child, make sure to pick that one when the option shows up.
First SoS also gives two kids, twins.
Sir Stardust
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

The original, GB3, AP, the first SoS, and RF3 if you’re counting RF games as well. I thiiiink that’s all of them where you can have more than one child.

I think 64 had a glitch you could abuse to get a child of your own and “steal” one of the rival children, but I don’t think that counts, lol.
Kaiyumi
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Ooh, I stand corrected! I think AP was the only one that stood out to me because of how the kids were integrated, but I was unaware of some of the others!
freckles
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Yeah, though it's rare to have more than one child, there are a few games that allow you to have two. I don't think it's a feature that'll never make a reappearance again.
Autumn_Song
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Sir Stardust wrote:The original, GB3, AP, the first SoS, and RF3 if you’re counting RF games as well. I thiiiink that’s all of them where you can have more than one child.

I think 64 had a glitch you could abuse to get a child of your own and “steal” one of the rival children, but I don’t think that counts, lol.
A what
Sir Stardust

Post  Posted:

Autumn_Song wrote:
Sir Stardust wrote:The original, GB3, AP, the first SoS, and RF3 if you’re counting RF games as well. I thiiiink that’s all of them where you can have more than one child.

A what
Iirc, you could propose to girls even after the rival marriages, if you met the other requirements needed for marriage you could propose to them and they’d refuse, but the marriage would go through like normal the next Sunday. Then you just needed to meet the separate requirements for your kid and the rival kid to be born, but both of the kids would live with you.
freckles
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Sir Stardust wrote:
Autumn_Song wrote:

A what
Iirc, you could propose to girls even after the rival marriages, if you met the other requirements needed for marriage you could propose to them and they’d refuse, but the marriage would go through like normal the next Sunday. Then you just needed to meet the separate requirements for your kid and the rival kid to be born, but both of the kids would live with you.
You're correct. I remember that being the weirdest thing.