Absolutely in love with this game!

A Nintendo Switch/PC/Ps4/XBox remake of the 2003 Gameboy Advance games HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: More Friends of Mineral Town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Oct 2019. NA release = Jul 2020. EU release = Jul 2020.
harunosakura
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Man, it's been a really really long time since I've posted here. Been several years at least! I had recently picked this game up, because as soon as I learned about it, I couldn't wait for the US release. I began playing it about 1-2 weeks ago. I haven't played a newly released Harvest Moon/SoS since Animal Parade.

I've put so much time into this game already it's unbelievable! xD This is one of the most fun HM/SoS games I've ever played. I have hardly wanted to quit, even to eat something or do anything else, haha.

I'm currently grinding away, trying to get everyone's heart events. I have almost everyone to a red heart. I originally intended on marrying Popuri, but Gray in this game is so sweet, that I think I might switch to him. I've been using the help site a lot in regards to figuring out everything in the game. I can always rely on this site for any HM/SoS game I'm playing, and I'm glad. So, I figured I would stop by and say something, even though I'm sure nobody here remembers me, if anyone from back then is still here. :p
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I remember you!!!

I love it, too. I never got to play the original FoMT so this one is exciting. I love the new character designs (except Karen TBH), and it was so tough to decide who to marry. I had a hard time narrowing down between Popuri and Ran, but I ultimately decided Popuri, though I’m trying to see all the events first. The nice thing is there’s no jealously like Stardew, lol. I know a lot of people also crapped on how the game looked, but I love it. Chibi remake style is apparently not in, but when it comes to the new Pokémon remakes, that’s what helps me feel excited for it, a game I never wanted remade - the nostalgia factor. But I digress - it helps keep some of the original charm.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I really loved the original and the remake except for two things:
1. The lack of rival marriages returning. It was cruel to tease us with the first couple rival events that led nowhere.

2. Popuri's redesign was the only one I really hated. It made her look WAY younger than before, barely looking older than the actual kids in the game. I didn't mind the other redesigns though.

I knew the Pokemon remake trailer reminded me of something! I thought the characters looked really cute and actually have not played Diamond or Pearl, so they'll be new to me anyway.
freckles
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Welcome back! I'm glad you're enjoying the game so much ^___^

I also was pleasantly surprised by how addicting it was. As a huge fan of FoMT, I think they did a great job capturing that same energy and creating something unique with it.
Hikarii
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

WELCOME BACK! Have you ever played the original? Just curious. It doesn't matter either way, I'm glad you're having a lot of fun! Yeah playing this is making me really miss how HM/SoS used to be. I hope in making this remake they remembered some aspects of the game that they should really reintroduce,