Can We Ignore The Villagers and Candidates?

A Nintendo Switch/PC/Ps4/XBox remake of the 2003 Gameboy Advance games HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: More Friends of Mineral Town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Oct 2019. NA release = Jul 2020. EU release = Jul 2020.
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Like the title says: can we ignore the people if we don’t wanna talk or just focused on the person we want to marry? Or do we have to talk daily? Basically this is a yes or no question.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's a bit of a funny question. Of course you can ignore them if you want to, if you're being literal, since it's not like the game will blow up if you don't. This can't really be a yes or no answer because there must be something, to you, that would mean 'no, you can't ignore them', or 'yes, you can ignore them', and we don't know your conditions for that. What are you really asking? Are you asking if you can ignore them with NO consequences? Like...no losing FP, no missing out on anything?

Because no, you can't ignore them with absolutely no consequences. You can potentially lose FP with a villager on any day you don't talk to them at all, as far as I know...and there are things like recipes to be unlocked by befriending them. I think that happens at 4 music notes. Give them a gift at that level and they'll teach you a recipe. And you have to make friends with Anna to some degree to trigger the event where she teaches you (and Manna) to cook a dessert. I think you can trigger that event 5 times for different recipes, though I don't actually know how it works. Maybe she teaches you all five at once...I never did it. (Ah, here we go: Cherubae made a page for the cooking class stuff.)

But on the other hand, YES, you can ignore them, because you get to decide how to play. You're the one who decides if it matters if you become friends, or if you get those recipes. This game doesn't really have a story, so it's not like you need to make friends to unlock something that blocks story progress.
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:It's a bit of a funny question. Of course you can ignore them if you want to, if you're being literal, since it's not like the game will blow up if you don't. This can't really be a yes or no answer because there must be something, to you, that would mean 'no, you can't ignore them', or 'yes, you can ignore them', and we don't know your conditions for that. What are you really asking? Are you asking if you can ignore them with NO consequences? Like...no losing FP, no missing out on anything?

Because no, you can't ignore them with absolutely no consequences. You can potentially lose FP with a villager on any day you don't talk to them at all, as far as I know...and there are things like recipes to be unlocked by befriending them. I think that happens at 4 music notes. Give them a gift at that level and they'll teach you a recipe. And you have to make friends with Anna to some degree to trigger the event where she teaches you (and Manna) to cook a dessert. I think you can trigger that event 5 times for different recipes, though I don't actually know how it works. Maybe she teaches you all five at once...I never did it. (Ah, here we go: Cherubae made a page for the cooking class stuff.)

But on the other hand, YES, you can ignore them, because you get to decide how to play. You're the one who decides if it matters if you become friends, or if you get those recipes. This game doesn't really have a story, so it's not like you need to make friends to unlock something that blocks story progress.
Yes, about the consequences if we keep ignoring what will happen. I’m very sorry if I confused you or anyone else about this.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's okay, not something to apologize for...it's just that you said you wanted a 'yes' or 'no' answer, and that wasn't possible without knowing what you felt meant would mean you can't afford to ignore them.

You can't ignore them without consequence. You'll lose FP. You have a 25% chance of losing FP with them every day you don't talk to them, and you won't learn any of the recipes they know unless you befriend them.

Now, whether those things matter to you or not...that's all you :)
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:It's okay, not something to apologize for...it's just that you said you wanted a 'yes' or 'no' answer, and that wasn't possible without knowing what you felt meant would mean you can't afford to ignore them.

You can't ignore them without consequence. You'll lose FP. You have a 25% chance of losing FP with them every day you don't talk to them, and you won't learn any of the recipes they know unless you befriend them.

Now, whether those things matter to you or not...that's all you :)
Thank you, very much for the help. :)