Birthday on a festival?

A Nintendo Switch/PC/Ps4/XBox remake of the 2003 Gameboy Advance games HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: More Friends of Mineral Town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Oct 2019. NA release = Jul 2020. EU release = Jul 2020.
Hikarii
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I know birthdays can be on festival days but what happens when married and it's a celebrate-together festival? I've searched but couldnt find anyone else asking the same question anywhere...

I've forgotten in the original FoMT I would pick my bday to be Winter 25 since the 24th was the Starry Night Festival, but since then later installments no longer had that festival on that same day. I had COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN this time bc I thought, "well it's the 25th now (or so I remember, 24 started being a safe pick for awhile now) so I'll go with the 24th!"

Will we celebrate my bday? Or starlit night?? I messed up big time..
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I honestly am not sure how it would work, but I would look at it as more of an opportunity than a mess up. If you do find out, I'm sure there are plenty of players, myself included, that would like to know about it. On the plus side, if you're not married the first winter, you could still participate in the festival for sure.

I do know if you're married, but have your birthday on a storm day that you're stuck inside on, there's no party for you. :( But you could always reset for that if you're paying attention, unlike me, lol.
Hikarii
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Haha, I was thinking that too. Maybe I will just have to find out for everyone. XD I was kind of frustrated though, like why don't they stop you from picking a bday on a festival day?! COME ON!! But that hurricane comment uh, makes me feel better in the sense, "oh no even if you have a real good bday the weather can ruin it!"
Chelle
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

My birthday is on a festival (sum7), I’m in my first year so I’m not we’ll liked enough to find out just yet, but I had a load of letters in the post on this day. I’m currently playing the game so when I get to the point of finding out, I’ll post here.

I assume though events still go through regardless of festivals, I had the gray (forgot his new name) give me jewellery event happen on this day before the festival.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Chelle wrote: Feb 21, 2023 7:48 am My birthday is on a festival (sum7), I’m in my first year so I’m not we’ll liked enough to find out just yet, but I had a load of letters in the post on this day. I’m currently playing the game so when I get to the point of finding out, I’ll post here.

I assume though events still go through regardless of festivals, I had the gray (forgot his new name) give me jewellery event happen on this day before the festival.
I played this a couple years ago, but my birthday was on the same summer 7 festival, and I remember not being very happy about it. ^_^; I don't quite remember how they conflicted, though. I think the dialogue conflicted? Maybe the festival dialogue trumped the birthday dialogue, but I may have gotten some of the bonuses? I played 4-5 years in, so I had almost all the townspeople at max hearts, but I don't remember what they were supposed to do on the birthday. Possibly because they didn't do it?
Chelle
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

simside wrote: Feb 26, 2023 4:01 pm
Chelle wrote: Feb 21, 2023 7:48 am My birthday is on a festival (sum7), I’m in my first year so I’m not we’ll liked enough to find out just yet, but I had a load of letters in the post on this day. I’m currently playing the game so when I get to the point of finding out, I’ll post here.

I played this a couple years ago, but my birthday was on the same summer 7 festival, and I remember not being very happy about it. ^_^; I don't quite remember how they conflicted, though. I think the dialogue conflicted? Maybe the festival dialogue trumped the birthday dialogue, but I may have gotten some of the bonuses? I played 4-5 years in, so I had almost all the townspeople at max hearts, but I don't remember what they were supposed to do on the birthday. Possibly because they didn't do it?
I’ve never seen birthday message dialog from the townsfolk on my birthday, didn’t know there was any in this game? Letters though, I’ve had plenty. Maybe that is a clash.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You don't get special dialogue from townies, just the letters.
Chelle
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Ah, thanks for letting us know. Guess there is no clash then for events on summer 7th since that holiday ends before 6 and you can spawn into your farmhouse for your birthday dinner.
Not sure about other dates thought where the event ends later…
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It doesn't clash with birthdays in case the event ends before you go to bed. Not sure about the late night events though.... it would be really sad if the celebration simply does not exist..