Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently May 09, 2021 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Briarwyn
  Post subject: To interact with your child?
Post Posted: Apr 20, 2021 6:09 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

What is it like to interact with your child in this game? Does the game let you give gifts to your in-game child, and to chat with him or her?

How far does the game let the child age up to?

ChaosAzerothCat
Post Posted: Apr 20, 2021 10:43 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Yep, even as a baby. Laughed when I gave my baby jam tbh.

Up to a young child, what's generally been called the teenager stage in some other games I think really. They already talk pretty maturely at crawling stage so it's a bit harder to pinpoint fully their age imo. They gain their own interpersonal stuff and a spiffy kid outfit. (I wish I could change the color to any of the colors I can have for my own tbh, but that's a side point and a minor thing.)

As for in general what it's like... I gotta be honest my kid hated me and practically worshipped their mom up to last stage and I was not amused. Even then kid hasn't had any love for me really.

Kikki
Post Posted: Apr 20, 2021 11:44 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

The only game I know with a teenager stage is ANB, which is only achieved via the grow-up candy (which I always found creepy.) There might be an older form in some other game I don't know of, though. In ANB it's not a child stage in looks, but genuinely teenage-looking. You can see how the 'teenage stage' looks on this page. The normal child stage is near the middle/top and the teenager appearance is in the bottom right corner of the page.

In One World your child has a baby, toddler, and 'child' form which I'd say looks 6 years old, but no teenage form. There are links to images of both the boy and the girl child in this thread.

PaleSunflower
Post Posted: Apr 21, 2021 6:06 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

The HM:AWL games are famous for, among other things, not only letting you child become a teenager, but also letting your kid become a full adult. The only other game that I know of that shows you child as an adult is one of the Rune Factory games, but I don't remember which one.

In HM:OW (and most other HM and SoS games), your kid grows old enough to become a elementary school student and then stops. My character's child is still stuck in the crib (newborn, I guess), and it seems you can only give the baby formula when it's confined to the crib.

ChaosAzerothCat
Post Posted: Apr 21, 2021 8:58 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Kikki wrote:
The only game I know with a teenager stage is ANB, which is only achieved via the grow-up candy (which I always found creepy.) There might be an older form in some other game I don't know of, though. In ANB it's not a child stage in looks, but genuinely teenage-looking. You can see how the 'teenage stage' looks on this page. The normal child stage is near the middle/top and the teenager appearance is in the bottom right corner of the page.

In One World your child has a baby, toddler, and 'child' form which I'd say looks 6 years old, but no teenage form. There are links to images of both the boy and the girl child in this thread.

Huh I'd seen people referring to the last stage in DS/Cute as teenage, and they don't look older to me tbh.

RodCopper Fishin
Post Posted: Apr 23, 2021 7:47 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

I kind of took a break from this game but I do want to age my child up. I’m not sure where to get more formula milk though lol

PaleSunflower
Post Posted: Apr 24, 2021 1:04 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

You get the recipe for formula when the baby is born. It can be found at the end of the standard (neither cold nor hot) recipe list. It requires 1 milk, but goat and jersey milk will also work.

Also, the baby becomes interactive while it's in the crib after a few days. I'm not sure what caused the kid to suddenly react to things.

RodCopper Fishin
Post Posted: Apr 25, 2021 12:19 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

^omg thank so much for answering that