Harvest Moon: One World Announced (Natsume)

Where're the crops?! Searching the world for seed wisps on Nintendo Switch, Steam Ps4, and Xbox. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Mar 2021. EU release = Mar 2021.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kross lover/fan wrote::lol: :oops: oops, I gotcha. I should’ve guessed by subtext but half the time I’m blind so I could’ve easily missed a turkey lol.
Thank for clearing that up. I need my eyes checked rofl
I thought it was cute, lol. Plus I had a good laugh :) Also...since we're talking about a farming game, there really COULD be a literal turkey in there somewhere, we can't 100% rule that out yet, lol. (I'm pretty sure it was just a figure of speech, though. Only Blue Rose can say for certain!)
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Whether you’re going to play as a boy or a girl, you’ll have plenty of marriageable candidates to consider, with five eligible bachelorettes and five eligible bachelors for each character.
This paragraph from the Natsume update caught my attention, I can’t tell if they mean that all the marriage candidates will be available regardless of gender or whether each character only has the five of the opposite gender… any thoughts? It’s worded so ambiguously…

Other than that, I think the character models actually look pretty decent (though I also wish they were portraits). And I’m quite intrigued by the reindeer, I wonder what it will do as a farm animal—will we be able to ride it like a horse or will it produce some kind of product? Maybe it can pull a sleigh like the horse cart from ToTT? Can you even milk a reindeer? So many questions. :lol:
GossipQureen
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

^
I think they mean each gender has 5 to choose from.
I think I seen somewhere that SS marriage isn’t a thing this time.
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

GossipQureen wrote:^
That’s what I assumed would be the case given that it’s Natsume, which is why that paragraph caught me off-guard. It seems like such an awkward way to say that.
GossipQureen
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Code_Name_Geek wrote:
That’s what I assumed would be the case given that it’s Natsume, which is why that paragraph caught me off-guard. It seems like such an awkward way to say that.
It is a bit awkward, they could have worded it better?
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Super, super relieved to hear about the delay. I was getting concerned that Natsume was pushing it out because they couldn't afford not to...and if it's delayed I am taking that not to be the case! Hooray. :)

Fingers crossed the delay goes well. It already looks like they've done some work on their texture maps. If nothing else the game is back on my radar. We'll just have to be patient for now.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:
Kross lover/fan wrote:@Brose: can I ask where you saw the turkey?
I saw the horse/goat/reindeer but no turkey yet.
LOL. Unless there really IS a turkey in there somewhere, 'turkey' is just a saying for a...thing in the making. Like you could say it about anything, in relation to doneness. "Put the roast back in the oven; that turkey's not done yet." You could say that even if you were actually making a roast beef. Or a loaf of bread. Or a clay mug you were firing. I believe the turkey = the game. Meaning it needs to cook/brew/grow/be worked on more.

Unless there really was a turkey, ha ha. :) I mean, we ARE talking about a farming game, so even though I've heard that saying before, maybe it really was literal?
Yeah, it's just a saying. Or rather, my attempt at an idiom. Related to the "stick a fork in me, Im done" but for whatever reason I was thinking turkeys a la Thanksgiving style or some « Cow Poopoo ».

Basically, the game just needs more development time or "cooking." It's undercooked and not ready.
Zais
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I think what they should do with the delay is add 2D portrait artwork and have the option to switch between it and the 3D.
But if the player character is customizable then might be work then it's worth.
Still be a shame since the artwork is really nice this time.
I am still hoping that none of the previous characters are returning. I think it is time for a all new cast, not just marriageable characters and their families.
Gothicat
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

Code_Name_Geek wrote:
It is worded very ambivalently. I'll admit I thought the exact same thing you did, but I didn't say anything here because there's no way Natsume will ever include same « Chicken Hugging » marriage. Not until every other game has it and it's more controversial to not have it than it is to have it anyways. Which is a huge shame. As far as I can tell, same « Chicken Hugging » marriage was well received in Return to Mineral Town even in Japan, wasn't it? If a Japanese game can do it, than do can an western exclusive game, where it's much more accepted.
nongo
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

New bachelor named Sami has been introduced. He appears to be some sort of leader figure in his town. His design is the most modern compared to the rest of the revealed characters.

We should all really emphasize and encourage Natsume to use this 2d art as the portraits. I really do believe it'll add a lot of charm to the game. The art this time around has improved greatly that it'll be a shame to not utilize into the game. Not to mention how the 3d portraits they keep using ironically feel empty.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh he looks interesting.
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I really like his design and the fact the deer like him is adorable. The phrasing on his short bio is weird/odd to me :/
I think I’ll probably go for him :)
Gothicat
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

Sami looks really, really good. Too bad his 3D model won't be able to exude the air of arrogance and nobility this character is clearly meant to have. Seriously Natsume, why even bother making such good art if you're not going to use it?

Also, OT, but I kinda feel bad for them. As soon as some sort of excitement was building up for this game, RF5 gets a release date and kills most conversations about this. If they're lucky, RF5 won't come west until Fall 2021, giving them a couple of months to get some sales. Either way, I'm still down, even if I know I'll get annoyed I bought it so early when they release DLC characters eventually.

Also, there was this extra snippet on their site:
Spoiler:
We’re revealing the many eligible bachelors and bachelorettes you’ll be able to woo in Harvest Moon: One World! You’ll find one of each in every town you visit along your journey, each with their own personality quirks.
So, five towns confirmed? Man, that means there will be a lot of non-marriageable NPCs this time around in order to fill those towns up. I'm getting the bad feeling that one of them will be entirely full of the all too-familiar cast we've all come to hate. They did warn us about 'familiar faces' but we actually haven't seen any so far even with the background NPCs.

(Either that, or they're already getting that DLC ready and will make some of those villagers become candidates in the future instead of adding new characters in out of nowhere.)
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

The Amazon page description does mention 5 locations:
Explore 5 unique and colorful areas: the sprawling grasslands of calisson, the gorgeous beaches of Halo Halo, the searing desert heat of pastilla, the cozy hills of lebkuchen, and the snowy mountains of salmiakki!
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Newest candidate is revealed! She is quite possibly a descendant of Witch Princess. I like the pink in her hair :) https://community.natsume.com/?cat=16