Harvest Moon: One World Announced (Natsume)

Where're the crops?! Searching the world for seed wisps on Nintendo Switch, Steam Ps4, and Xbox. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Mar 2021. EU release = Mar 2021.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Natsume's new HM game has been announced for Nintendo Switch. I may not be very into their games, and didn't buy Light of Hope at all, but tbh, I'm always interested to see how things will go next for them and am interested to see if they'll make one I like this time.

It is due out in FALL 2020, apparently. (The title icon on their website also says 'coming Fall 2020'.) Looking forward to hearing a bit more. All we have to go on right now is that they say it will be a new engine with new graphics, and the title logo, plus a short description of the plot. The game will be distributed in Europe by Nintendo, and the game is said to be developed by Natsume and Rising Star Games. Graphics are said to have been 'updated for 2020'.

Title graphic:
Spoiler:
Description (from Gematsu article linked above and also quoted below by TrashBanjo):
Natsume wrote:Can you imagine a world without tomatoes, strawberries, or even cabbage? In the latest entry in the Harvest Moon series, that’s the situation players will find themselves in. Only an old book gives hints of what once was… Buoyed by a mysterious discovery, players will find themselves setting out on an adventure that spans not only their hometown but the whole world! What kind of people and places await? From the gorgeous beaches of Halo Halo to the snowy mountains of Salmiakki, there’s literally an entire world to explore.
EDIT:

Harvest Moon: One World will also be on PS4, and it has a cover image:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Kikki on May 28, 2020 7:05 am, edited 6 times in total.
TrashBanjo
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Natsume's new HM game has been announced. I may not be very into their games, and didn't buy Light of Hope at all, but tbh, I'm always interested to see how things will go next for them and am interested to see if they'll make one I like this time.

It is due out in 2020, apparently. Looking forward to hearing a bit more.
Oof! You beat me to posting this by a minute! Haha!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That tends to happen when anything in the HM world comes out for the first time. I'll report both threads so that the mods can decide which one to delete. :)
TrashBanjo
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

One World description:

"Can you imagine a world without tomatoes, strawberries, or even cabbage? That’s the situation players will find themselves in in the latest entry in the Harvest Moon series. Only an old book gives hints of what once was... Buoyed by a mysterious discovery, however, players will find themselves setting out on an adventure that spans not only their hometown but the whole world! What kind of people and places await? From the gorgeous beaches of Halo Halo to the snowy mountains of Salmiakki, there’s literally an entire world to explore!"
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I've not been enjoying Natsume's HM games, and I didn't even try Light of Hope because I knew it'd be the same after TLV, SV and SoM...I tried them all and enjoyed myself less each time. But I'm still quite curious, and I do like the description. I will certainly be looking into it further as details come out.

I'm extremely interested in it having a 'new engine and new graphics, as I have never been able to enjoy their graphic/art style. Definitely wanna see some screenshots! Here's to hoping they'll go all out. :)
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

My expectations for a new Natsume game are 0 and i don't want to get hyped just because of their description and then get disappointed just as when they showed Light of Hope's screenshots.

But I've to admit that I'm pretty curious to see if they finally have accurate graphics.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I am interested in seeing what it will be like. I actually liked Skytree Village for the most part, but not in the same way as say Trio of Towns. I didn't bother with Light of Hope because it seemed like a rehash with a couple more people, especially with the price tag. The recent puzzle/party game "Harvest Moon Mad Dash" is actually pretty fun, but it's not actually a farming game and I think another company helped them with it if I remember correctly. But my point is, new ideas and directions may be a good path for Natsume since rehashes and trying to copy Marvelous doesn't seem to be working for them.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

The lack of effort put into the logo doesn’t leave with high hopes for the new graphics/engine. It’s like they are still using WordArt from the early 2000s. But hopefully some screenshots/videos come out soon and prove me wrong.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, I'm not fond of the title image, either. The font and the way it looks pasted onto the sign image is very dated, and the 'One World' is just font, too...it looks like stock clipart, I am sad to say, and not the most promising way to introduce a new engine and graphic style, imo. It reminds me of Corel Draw, from when I was in high school...and that's back in the early to mid 90's.

But I do like the premise, and will wait to see screenshots. Just having all new cast would be a big improvement for me, so I'm willing to give it a shot if it looks fresh. Light of Hope is the only one I didn't bother buying as it was just too much of the same thing, so I knew I wouldn't be into it, based on having played all of the previous games. I really love the farming life-sim genre, so I always want more, and will give anything a good look-over, hoping it'll be to my taste :)
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

The premise is very promising, imo. Sure the graphics for Skytree Village weren't impressive, but the realized creativity of the hybrid system was a LOT of fun. I've been waiting for Natsume to try something new (mechanically) to tempt me back to their games. And it seems like they may have?

This one sounds a bit more like an adventure game than a life sim, so we'll see how it looks once more information trickles out. Fingers crossed!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, the hybrids were (and are) fun, always liked that part of the game. Skytree was definitely the better game between it and TLV, but I liked TLV more because I played it first, and in spite of the improvements to Skytree, it felt stale to me.

I hope they've actually made a notable change to freshen things up, at least on my own account. I think hybrids would still work well with this premise, where it sounds like you have to...almost recreate nature, at least in part.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I said it in the upcoming game thread, but Skytree felt like the peak of their series. Light of Hope was just... very mediocre in comparison. I hope they update the formula along with the graphics.
Last edited by Bluie on May 12, 2020 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Floh
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Thta´s quite a suprise.
Didn´t exspect a new game but the title feels in some way like a mobile game to me.

I really hope they don´t use the Mario World map like levels from Harvest Moon Mad Dash and start expanding it on the world map.
Looking forward to see first pictures and hope, they start changing more than the little story pieces. Don´t get me wrong, I liked STV and TLV, but LOH was only ok, so I hope for a more improved game.

But it´s good to know, that mutations seem to come back. I liked that a lot and had fun figuring out how to get the different mutations.
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

It sounds like they're trying something different which I'm interested to see - having a world to explore sounds promising. Though without screenshots or anything, it's hard to imagine anything about what it will be like. I still haven't played any of the Natsume games so I can't judge them but none of the past ones have grabbed my interest much.
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I’m cautiously optimistic. I want to know more and see images before I officially decide to be hyped for this or not.

Like everyone else, the title image looks outdated. Natsume really should try to change it up...at the same time though, there’s no mistaking that it’s not a Harvest Moon logo.