Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Sep 19, 2020 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
TrashBanjo
Post Posted: May 31, 2020 10:18 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Peach trees were available in HMDS, AWL, ANB, and Light of Hope.

Gothicat
Post Posted: Jun 01, 2020 6:30 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

The cover looks a heck of a lot nicer, and the new protagonists are really cute. But I'll reserve my judgement when we see the actual in game graphics. No joking here, the graphics of LoH make my eyes hurt a bit if I play for too long (keep in mind I play on PS4 on a very large TV. The lack of depth perception in the graphics eventually gets to me).

In the end, what will make or break this game for me is the cast. I'm hoping that the "familiar faces" part is referring to the magical candidates only, which I'm actually okay with. No, to be honest, I'd love to date the Wizard's again if the graphics have now majorly toned down the bobble head thing (Gareth especially looks SO bad). But other than those exceptions I need a new cast. I can't stand one more second of Sam, Naomi, Doc and the like. They were never really great characters to begin with, so having them for the fifth time in a row would be soul crushing.

Especially since I got a switch for SoS specifically, but we haven't had a new game yet....don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to friends of mineral town and I totally understand why Rune Factory 4 needed to be ported before we got a new entry...but in the end I still know all those characters well. I want something new.

The prermise just makes me laugh. Imagine a world without vegetables? Isn't that world called Light of Hope? Cause I sure didn't do any farming in that game, what's the difference?

LoH's premise was my dream game, and they really didn't deliver, so yeah, not really putting much care into the storyline. But again, the cast is more important in these games anyways.

I won't pin down any hopes in this at all, since I haven't enjoyed their past 4 games (Skytree came close though), but if we do get a new cast and decent graphics, the only other thing I'd need is gift giving. No gift giving ruined Skytree for me. I also want character portraits instead of using the 3D models, but I know they're never doing that (a shame, going by the cover they would be really cute).

Burning Spear
Post Posted: Jun 01, 2020 2:45 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

I really don't enjoy piling on, but I have to say the characters don't inspire a great deal of confidence. I just didn't enjoy looking at the characters in LoH, and their expressions were cringeworthy. Granted, there's not much to go on in the cover art, but it looks like a slightly better version of the same eyesore.

JustABeautifulGuy
Post Posted: Jun 03, 2020 9:57 am 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

I won't lie, I'm a bit surprised by the change of art. Hopefully, this indicates a good change in the direction of the graphics. I've recently picked up Skytree Village to get into the Natsume titles, this game necessarily isn't the worst I've played but somewhat lacklustre overall but I don't mind playing and I am actually surprisingly somewhat hooked. I really hope they put some real efforts for the positives of the game to be somewhat comparable with the SoS series.

Bluie
Post Posted: Jun 19, 2020 3:59 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Just a quick fyi for those who don't know; Natsume will be taking part in the New Game+ Expo stream on June 23rd.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/06/new-gam ... -announced

It's my guess we'll see more of this title there.

Kikki
Post Posted: Jun 19, 2020 4:14 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I thought that myself, but they mentioned their new indie title with LucidDreams Studios, Ethernal (Weird name! I though it was a typo at first. Cross between eternal and ethereal?) too, so now I'm not sure. I'd rather hear more about One World. Guess we could see bits of both. I just want a few screenshots, dang it! If the game looks good, that alone will be enough to make me try this one, though I skipped Light of Hope after being increasingly disappointed in previous games. We already know that it is a new cast of characters (glad they're giving new characters a try this time!) The farming in Natsume's games has always been good...I love hybrids. All it'll take to make me try it now is a style I like. (I don't need to love it. I just need to think it doesn't look cheaply done.)

The New Game Plus Expo is one of the more interesting digital E3-replacements going on this summer, imo. I think that one I'll actually watch rather than just waiting for Gematsu to summarize everything and post all the individual announcements/news on Twitter.

EDIT: Oh hey, Natsume is introducing their FeMC. (I'm betting this is what she'll look like in-game. The cover image had a more misty, hand-painted look, and this is more obviously cartoony.)

greensara
Post Posted: Jun 22, 2020 4:09 am 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

I like her design better than the side-ponytail look. Changed out of that hairstyle as soon as I could in Skytree. I hope the characters look as good or better in the actual game.
Seeing some actual gameplay clips would give everyone a better idea of what to expect. I know there have been some games I was interested in after hearing the gist of the story and seeing the art, but then deciding a firm no after watching how it plays. The opposite has been true as well based on the gameplay. Until then I am still waiting hopefully on this one.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Jun 22, 2020 8:23 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Ooh the female MC is really pretty! I see improvements.

Kikki
Post Posted: Jun 23, 2020 7:08 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Got to see a short clip of footage of One World on the New Game Plus presentation, right at the start, and it's...not bad? Not great, though...still really lacks sophistication and the textures are very flat and lacking nuance. But it doesn't look terrible and the character proportions are pretty good and not all chibi. I'll probably give this one a go, now that they've also switch to a new cast. I don't mind giving it a try.

I'm sure Gematsu or other folks will put the clip up into a game article sooner or later, but I've got cramps and am gonna go to nap to let the pills work. I'm sure somebody'll post it here before I'm even back up. :)

Bluie
Post Posted: Jun 23, 2020 7:17 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Eaugh. It needs some work, badly. Everything is really flat, the animal movement is really rigid, and it overall looks really unpolished.

I'm gonna need to see more / some improvements before I commit to this one.

Edit: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/06/harvest ... ut-trailer

There it is for those who want to see it.

Gothicat
Post Posted: Jun 23, 2020 7:40 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

.......it looks like an extremely amateur early-access game on steam. Textures, depth perception, animations that look like they have some weight to them, atmospheric lightning, do you even know what any of that means Natsume?

I never thought I'd say it, but it looks even worse then LoH. And this saddens me greatly, because from what we saw in the trailer, there wasn't a single repeating cast member, so I would like to give this a shot. But I've seen Jim Sterling trash terrible steam games that look better than this too often for those kind of graphics to fly.

I mean, if the release was like, a year off or so, I'd let this pass because I'd think they'd just replace all of these placeholder-looking graphics later. But it comes out in Fall. Which means it will release in a little bellow six months time at the latest (and I'm really betting on it releasing in early to mid December, in time for Christmas and far enough apart from Return to Mineral Town). I don't think that's nearly enough time to make these graphics and animations passable, much less with Natsume's less than stellar track record.

Especially since LoH was originally released in 2017! Other than mad-dash, they've done nothing but re-releases of LoH with either DLC or minor improvements. That means Natsume had almost three years to work on this entry, and this is what they have to show for it so close to release date? This looks like a unity game put together in three days with pre-purchased store assets.

The chicken looked fine, even cute. That's the only nice thing I have to say. Everything else looks like rubber.

Cherubae
Post Posted: Jun 23, 2020 7:52 am 
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Yes, it needs some more polishing such as some nice ground landscaping. That would make it look less flat, but it's still in development, so who knows what they're planning.

AND WHERE WAS DOC?! /tableflip

Kikki
Post Posted: Jun 23, 2020 7:55 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I admit it looks more cruddy than good but it having a new cast and good body proportions is enough to make me try it. I think it looks better than LoH, whose looks I hate. I don't hate these, though I don't feel they look professional. They do look very amateurish, unfortunately. Not sure they've got enough time to do all that much polishing. Even so, I'm willing to try it. Wish they'd shown portraits, though. If they turn out to be bad, that'd lean me back to being against giving One World a shot.

I don't think Doc'll be in, will he? It's supposedly an all-new cast.

Mikodesu
Post Posted: Jun 23, 2020 9:08 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

I'm actually wondering if once this gets in the hands of people who already can't tell the difference between Natsume games and Marvelous ones if they'll be able to tell the difference between this and SoS:FoMT. (Not that they're not different titles...just...everything else.)

I'm guessing part of Natsume's problem is pride. As a studio that has been making games for a long time now they probably want to do everything themselves, which is a shame. :/ There's a lot of stigma behind not making everything yourself (both in and outside of development), but MOST companies buy assets. Let's not kid ourselves. Final Fantasy 15 uses stock assets.

And there's a lot of high quality low poly assets out there (go to Kenney, Natsume! PLEASE) that with a new texture map would blend in just fine.

Hopefully Natsume has enough time to polish it up, cause at this point that trailer just leaves me confused.

Blue Rose
Post Posted: Jun 23, 2020 9:19 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

There are some improvements from previous titles. The people look better (barring texture issues, like that one guy with the spiky red/orange hair looks especially bad) and some of the general layout looks better. But it really does look like an early indie game development trailer. It looks incredibly empty in terms of environment and there is no textures (I think that's the word?). Things like the corn looks incredibly blocky, to the cows look off, etc. Hopefully they stick with portraits cause as is the models are not good enough on their own.

I don't know how far in development it is, but I personally would've waited a bit cause it really looks unfinished in terms of whether or not I would put a trailer out for it. I know you gotta build up hype for games but this trailer doesn't install too much confidence.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next