Harvest Moon: One World Q&A topic

Where're the crops?! Searching the world for seed wisps on Nintendo Switch, Steam Ps4, and Xbox. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Mar 2021. EU release = Mar 2021.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

You're right I hadn't really thought about that. They were pretty much a plant anywhere model in Skytree, and actually in some of the other Bokumono games too. I was more thinking of the set fields in the ones I've played more, like FOMT and AP. I guess they left that with the terraforming?
Floh
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Hi everyone,
I just started the Salmiakki storyline and need to talk to the villagers and visit the ration point, but I can´t trigger the next scene mentioned in the guide.
Dic Jr. won´t appear. Tried it 3 different times and I can see the red exclamationmark, but nothing happens.

Have I missed anything?

Thanks for the help.
LilFB
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Floh wrote:Hi everyone,
I just started the Salmiakki storyline and need to talk to the villagers and visit the ration point, but I can´t trigger the next scene mentioned in the guide.
Dic Jr. won´t appear. Tried it 3 different times and I can see the red exclamationmark, but nothing happens.

Have I missed anything?

Thanks for the help.
If I recall correctly, make sure you talk to everyone in the line (and possibly the immediate vicinity) and you have to go slightly past the scene-trigger point. Basically keep running towards the entrance to town (from the ration line).
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I remember having trouble with that too. I had to try talking to everyone in line for multiple days before I finally got it to kick in (and I know I talked to everyone the first couple times I tried too.)
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I remember having an issue numerous times where a cutscene wouldn't trigger due to it being too late in the day (even when the exclamation point was still on the screen). Happened in Salmiakki a couple of different times. I had to just go finish the rest of my day and when I showed up the next morning it would trigger.

Hope you can figure out what the problem is. Good luck, Floh!
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote:I remember having an issue numerous times where a cutscene wouldn't trigger due to it being too late in the day (even when the exclamation point was still on the screen). Happened in Salmiakki a couple of different times. I had to just go finish the rest of my day and when I showed up the next morning it would trigger.

Hope you can figure out what the problem is. Good luck, Floh!
Yes I can confirm this. It seems like sometimes the events don’t like to trigger too late in the day.
Floh
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Thanks for all the good advices. It worked.

I thought I had spoken to every person waiting in line but that wasn´t true.
The last two people are father and son, so when I talked to the son the father automaticly replied during the conversation so I came to the impression, I had talked to everyone. :o
PaleSunflower
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Some story events are limited to only the day (usually before 5 PM) or less commonly to the night, and others can trigger whenever. The game isn't necessarily clear on which ones are which most of the time. I had multiple occasions where I ran just a bit late and saw the necessary NPC(s) disappear from their spots. Other events I could trigger at 7-9 PM without issue. I think all story events stop triggering at and after midnight, but I am not sure.

Special mention goes to the DLC, where I ran late into greeting Shogen by his little rice field, actually managed to talk to him, and the story event still didn't happen, because I came after the cut-off time. He vanished right in front of me right after I talked to him. :( (He didn't have anything unusual to say, either.) That event evidently only happens before 5 PM.

The only guaranteed non-time locked events that I know of are for sure are the ones you get when first go to the icy land up North, the desert, and the DLC island. Events are are locked to the day only include any featuring a feast or party that sends your character straight to 8 PM afterward (these events usually occur after you clear the other story events in that town and are required to get the wrap point). The DLC definitely has at least one event that is locked to the night and involves the
Spoiler:
ghosts that roam the island at night.
ElsaForever234
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

why isn't Doc Jr calling me to talk to my mother after i got 2 Tablets? all i got was a call to get 5 Bronze. Do i have to complete that before I get the next call?
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

So, not sure if it would be best to post here or make my own topic.

But, I haven't played Harvest Moon One World in a month or two, because I'm stuck on what to do. I'm right before going to the next area after the desert one (where you needed cold drinks/food items to survive). But, I have only 2 cold drinks left for the foreseeable future, and I'm not sure if I can make it to the next area (and prepare enough hot drinks/food items) in order to survive.

Should I move back to Halo Halo (beach area) and spend some time farming coconuts and coffee beans to make sure I can stretch out the time I need to get ready to enter the area after the desert one, and make a farm in the cold area?

Also, I have a few hot drink/food recipes. But I can't remember what they are. But, I know I have them. Can anyone explain the ingredients to make a few hot drinks/food recipes?

If it's relevant, I only have a camel (to ride) and 2 chickens in terms of animals.
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

Coconut Milk (cold) and Coffee (hot) are the easiest recipes for those types of drinks. You can also complete the tasks in Halo Halo to get coconut tree sprouts, which then can be planted in the Halo Halo farm area. There are also coconut trees in the jungle area between the west bridge and the Halo Halo entrance.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Cherubae wrote:Coconut Milk (cold) and Coffee (hot) are the easiest recipes for those types of drinks. You can also complete the tasks in Halo Halo to get coconut tree sprouts, which then can be planted in the Halo Halo farm area. There are also coconut trees in the jungle area between the west bridge and the Halo Halo entrance.
Thank you so much, Cherubae. :)
LilFB
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Don't know if this is still relevant to you Harvest Moon kawaii, but if you fix up the bridge by Gabrielle's house, you can get to the next town without going through the desert. No Coconut drinks needed. :)
bluelily
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

i'm only missing some of the mutations i looked at the mutation page and i noticed it hasn't been updated in awhile i'm looking for long sweet potato which i know is a mutation of sweet potato but i don't know where to grow it
PaleSunflower
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I found some information about the long sweet potato from the comments of this Neoseeker guide (https://www.neoseeker.com/harvest-moon- ... on_Almanac). Here were the most relevant quotes from the comment section. Apparently, long sweet potatoes are quite difficult to get as a mutation, and most people find the wisp instead.
djayard wrote:Long Sweet Potato may randomly spawn at 3PM in the field east of Doc's home (where you grew your first plant). Being in your 3rd year or married may be a requirement for it to spawn.
caldor2k2 wrote:Too early to say for 100% but Long Sweet Potatoes only seem to appear in spring during unknown weather. Only got 2 of them, but so far halfway through summer and the wisp has not appeared. Will watch for the rest of the year to see what happens.
djayard wrote:Didn't succeed in creating Long Sweet Potato in Spring, but I did create Jeweled Onion from Leeks in Salamaki in Spring.
I hope this helps.