* Search  * Register
It is currently Sep 24, 2021 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Mothership
  Post subject: Animal life spans
Post Posted: Mar 06, 2021 1:58 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

One of my chickens just died, I guess of "old age", in Fall of year two :( I HATE that feature so I was hoping it wasn't in this game. I am sad now since I know my two other chickens will die soon, too. I don't even want to continue to play this file because animal deaths are too sad. They should at least let them live 4 or 5 years instead of less than 2. Darn you, Natsume, for putting this in your game that's supposed to be fun.

ChaosAzerothCat
  Post subject: Re: Animal life spans
Post Posted: Mar 06, 2021 2:49 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Mothership wrote:
One of my chickens just died, I guess of "old age", in Fall of year two :( I HATE that feature so I was hoping it wasn't in this game. I am sad now since I know my two other chickens will die soon, too. I don't even want to continue to play this file because animal deaths are too sad. They should at least let them live 4 or 5 years instead of less than 2. Darn you, Natsume, for putting this in your game that's supposed to be fun.

Adding I don't think in most similar games chicken lifespan is so short. I think generally special chickens have been 2-3 years, so I'm not sure why they went with such a short time. Iirc most similar games that have aging death have chickens at around what you suggested.

SakuraMota
Post Posted: Mar 08, 2021 1:49 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I've actually talked with the Nats community manager, CeeCee about this one. She said chickens can die in between 1-2 years, and other animals it's 2-3. It's completely random when it'll happen. I wish it was longer, but what're you gonna do, you know?

Getaris
Post Posted: Mar 08, 2021 2:09 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Let them go die in the wild! Out of sight out of mind.

I guess in a way animals deaths let you cycle through animals a bit, instead of being tied to the same ones you stated with. Though yes the lifespans seem short.

Mothership
Post Posted: Mar 08, 2021 2:58 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Why even bother with the barn/coop animals if their lifespans are that ridiculously short? Most of them aren't needed for the story anyway. Way to take all the fun out of raising animals, Natsume!

SakuraMota
Post Posted: Mar 08, 2021 3:22 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Mothership wrote:
Why even bother with the barn/coop animals if their lifespans are that ridiculously short? Most of them aren't needed for the story anyway. Way to take all the fun out of raising animals, Natsume!

Well, you do need 10 Cashmere to get the cloak that negates the desert heat penalty without food, so....it's something?

ChaosAzerothCat
Post Posted: Mar 08, 2021 3:30 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

SakuraMota wrote:
Mothership wrote:

Well, you do need 10 Cashmere to get the cloak that negates the desert heat penalty without food, so....it's something?

You need a cow and a black nose sheep iirc for the story. The heat cloak would be useful, but not technically story required. I still don't have it, working on it but don't have it and I definitely beat the game.

With the short lifespans, that seems like a point in favor of never having chickens and sticking to large pets once the required ones die for anyone that hates it enough.

Mothership
Post Posted: Mar 08, 2021 3:55 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I know we need a black-nosed sheep for the story but what is the cow needed for?

Getaris
Post Posted: Mar 08, 2021 3:58 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Mothership wrote:
I know we need a black-nosed sheep for the story but what is the cow needed for?

A story quest requires 10 milk. Though it's possible to get milk by doing optional quests.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Mar 08, 2021 4:56 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Getaris wrote:
Let them go die in the wild! Out of sight out of mind.

Yes. You’ve read my mind.

ChaosAzerothCat
Post Posted: Mar 08, 2021 5:05 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Getaris wrote:
Mothership wrote:

A story quest requires 10 milk. Though it's possible to get milk by doing optional quests.

Oh I forgot you can get milk from quests, but you're right.

SakuraMota
Post Posted: Mar 08, 2021 5:09 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

ChaosAzerothCat wrote:
SakuraMota wrote:
Mothership wrote:

You need a cow and a black nose sheep iirc for the story. The heat cloak would be useful, but not technically story required. I still don't have it, working on it but don't have it and I definitely beat the game.

With the short lifespans, that seems like a point in favor of never having chickens and sticking to large pets once the required ones die for anyone that hates it enough.

Oh no, I agree. I did as well. I only meant it's at least one thing, I guess.

ChaosAzerothCat
Post Posted: Mar 08, 2021 5:12 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Oh fair enough!

Chikita
Post Posted: Mar 08, 2021 9:34 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

On a bright (ish) side, my 1st cow dying means I didn't have to figure out what to sell to make room for a reindeer.
And when my camel dies, I'll get one of the horses.

LilFB
Post Posted: Mar 10, 2021 12:46 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Do the riding animals (horses/camels/reindeer) die? If so, approximately how long do they live?