The best farms to start families on.

Where're the crops?! Searching the world for seed wisps on Nintendo Switch, Steam Ps4, and Xbox. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Mar 2021. EU release = Mar 2021.
Briarwyn
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I like both the large Pastillia farm and the Halo Halo farm, because they have 2 vast fields for crops and grass/fodder. And they come with several single crop plots to plant fruit trees in. I'm unsure if any other farms offer that much space. Is it possible to use hoes to dig/till a crop patch yourself?
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I’m living at Halo Halo currently with my family. I like it. In this game we are confined to planting in the squares that it grants us and we can’t add our own.
PaleSunflower
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I guess the "true" answer to what the best farm to start a family on is whichever one is your favorite, but my reluctant choice is the farm in the Halo Halo region that is right outside of the Harvest Goddess' spring. I'm not a fan of the scenery and have no luck with mutations there, but being within riding distance of so many fruit trees is very useful to me. As it currently stands, my character has her house there, but grows most of her crops in Salmiakki.
Lirishae
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

No, you can't add new growing space to any of the fields unfortunately. It's part of the plot in One World that there's only very small amounts of "Bountiful Soil" left in the world that will support crops.

The biggest fields are in the Goddess Spring itself, once you've finished the game. At that point though, you can use the Memory Portal to get there easily, same with most other crop areas. With sprinklers, you only need to visit fields to fertilize or harvest (assuming you're getting up at 7 AM or later to avoid the glitch; if you get up at 6 AM or stay up all night, you will need to water by hand). So I would suggest living either in the place you like most, or the place where you do a lot of gathering so you can use your mount to get around faster. The Halo Halo farm offers a lot of dedicated orchard space, and the northern Pastilla farm has six spots for trees. The Lebkuchen region itself has a ton of orchard space, but it's scattered all around.
FireFaithe
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I counted the number of tiles for the fields before I went to Salmiakki, Pastilla, and Wagashi, and the one near the Harvest Goddess Spring was the biggest (so compared to Halo Halo, Calisson, and I believe Lebkuchen). Thus, I decided to settle in there. I think I've had some mutations, but I would say they're quite rare. (Compared to my experience in Light of Hope, I think it's rarer in this OW field.) What's more problematic to me (I've been busy just planting the seeds I collected from wandering the world to clear the game) is what my field classifies as. I'm pretty sure it's the forest, which has very few matching crops, because most crops need fertilizer on my field (not a problem for me despite that I only have 4 chickens and 3 animals, but inconvenient). Because of this, I'm considering moving to Halo Halo. A thing I read a while back said someone's favorite field was the one in Calisson, which I was in at the beginning, but I think I'm going to try out Halo Halo's before I commit back to that.
That all said, I'm not sure why you specified starting a family? I would think you would want the best field regardless, and I don't think that would change...? So this response is as a person who's currently focusing on my farm as opposed to villagers.
FireFaithe
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

FireFaithe wrote: Jul 03, 2022 7:13 am I counted the number of tiles for the fields before I went to Salmiakki, Pastilla, and Wagashi, and the one near the Harvest Goddess Spring was the biggest (so compared to Halo Halo, Calisson, and I believe Lebkuchen). Thus, I decided to settle in there. I think I've had some mutations, but I would say they're quite rare. (Compared to my experience in Light of Hope, I think it's rarer in this OW field.) What's more problematic to me (I've been busy just planting the seeds I collected from wandering the world to clear the game) is what my field classifies as. I'm pretty sure it's the forest, which has very few matching crops, because most crops need fertilizer on my field (not a problem for me despite that I only have 4 chickens and 3 animals, but inconvenient). Because of this, I'm considering moving to Halo Halo. A thing I read a while back said someone's favorite field was the one in Calisson, which I was in at the beginning, but I think I'm going to try out Halo Halo's before I commit back to that.
That all said, I'm not sure why you specified starting a family? I would think you would want the best field regardless, and I don't think that would change...? So this response is as a person who's currently focusing on my farm as opposed to villagers.
Oh, also, like I implied, I've been there since long before I finished the game lol; I'm just now reviving the Harvest Goddess. The field I'm in is in the Halo Halo section, south of Halo Halo.
FireFaithe
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I just finished the game, so now I know why people kept saying *after* you finish it; the field I've been at becomes compatible with any crops once you revive the Harvest Goddess. Whelp, I've confirmed that crops do mutate. We'll see if that continues now, after I beat the game.
FireFaithe
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

FireFaithe wrote: Jul 04, 2022 2:45 pm I just finished the game, so now I know why people kept saying *after* you finish it; the field I've been at becomes compatible with any crops once you revive the Harvest Goddess. Whelp, I've confirmed that crops do mutate. We'll see if that continues now, after I beat the game.
Okay, no, I was wrong. The field I've been at isn't the same one other people talk about; it's the one just above the Harvest Goddess' Spring. The one everyone else is talking about is *underneath* the Harvest Goddess' Spring. Which really is right next to the Spring.
Sorry for the confusion!! (I guess I should probably make an account if I ever decide to comment on here again. That would enable me to edit my posts, right?)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That's right. If you're logged in, you can edit your posts. :)
FireFaithe
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Made an account now! I've been growing crops underneath the Harvest Goddess' spring, and I'm happy to report that crops do mutate in the field there! My wheat keeps transforming to tall wheat, for example, and my broccoli and spinach transform into two different kinds each (cauliflower, something else I do believe, lilac spinach, and watercress). (I'm in Spring of the 2nd year.)