One World General Discussion

Where're the crops?! Searching the world for seed wisps on Nintendo Switch, Steam Ps4, and Xbox. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Mar 2021. EU release = Mar 2021.
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

We've had Q&A and first impressions, but now that the game's been out a while, I thought we could have a general thread - whether it's complaints, praise, or questions, have at it. I'm just now reaching Pastilla because I suck at games unless it's Animal Crossing, so here we are

Losing stamina faster in the desert is one of the most stressful things I've encountered in a while. So annoying since I used all of my coconuts to move my frickin farm here to begin with! At least now I can fast travel back to the farm.

Otherwise, I'm still enjoying the game overall. I find the music charming and I like the character design, though I have seen some of the shadows lag to catch up as I move. No major issues, thankfully. Knock on wood.
For those of you who played through in full, what are your thoughts? I've heard both "terrible things" and praise that this is a step in the right direction for Natsume creating more Harvest Moon titles, so I'm curious.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

One World for me has been a tremendous step in the right direction for the series. It's not perfect, nobody is arguing that, but I've had a lot of fun with it.

Honestly I miss terraforming a little bit, but that's about it. (A terraforming system that's more like Minecraft w/ a Harvest Moon twist would be awesome!) Doc Jr also isn't a replacement for Doc, but he's pretty great himself. :lol: Poor Samantha is a step down from Sam though...

I got pretty stressed out with the desert stamina system until I got into the habit of picking every coconut I could find. Early on you should have a few spare hours at the end of the day to go run around and find all the spots they're hiding in the beach area. So long as you don't sell them all, you'll be fine!
PaleSunflower
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I tend to spoil myself when it comes to games and movies, and, in this game, it meant I stockpiled a bunch of coconuts just for the desert section. I had a bit more trouble with the icy lands, since the coffee trees aren't as plentiful as the coconut trees.

I enjoyed the game. The clock moves so fast that I gave up trying to keep up, so I just do things as they are available. In the end, I find the game kinda relaxing for that reason - I have no reason to rush, as rushing doesn't usually help. The game doesn't have much a postgame unless I want to 100% the game, so I am kinda bored with it now. It's still a fun game to play while listening to something else. (I'm not saying that the music is bad, but I do like having something that doesn't need my total, unbroken concentration to do while listening to videos on Youtube. I get fidgety otherwise.)

The character designs are pleasing to look at. The mutations are cool when they happen. My biggest complaint is that the character's animations should be a bit faster, especially when tending to animals.
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I guess I shall save the coffee beans and not used them for iced coffee then - thanks for that. The time is a little crazy fast. I saw a lot of people talking about how stamina lowers while walking, and I do notice it, but I can't say it's much of a complaint for me until I get to about one-and-a-half hearts. Since I'm only just bought the Valais sheep, I'm going to try not to rush either. The story seems to go pretty fast, but now I'm going to have to wait until I can get the 4 wool. I finished Light of Hope in under an in-game year, but the items were pretty easy to get and Cher's guide even says if you have everything, you can complete the story in like, 10 hours. As for One World, the story seems to go pretty quick, but now I'm getting to the point where I don't yet have these items. I need 6 Hibiscus and I only had one harvested so far.
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I found it to be a big improvement over the previous Natsume titles. Only issues I have really are the incredibly short animal lifespans and the fact that Gabrielle seems to be glitched since I married her. Basically when she wakes up she’s supposed to stand in my house for an hour or so, but she never spawns and just gets stuck in the ether. So I can’t actually talk to my wife inside my house. But overall I actually really enjoyed playing this one. I liked the events and characters! Mutations and seed gathering are super fun and actually make me prioritize crops over animals for once.
Zais
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Been playing the PS4 version and just platinumed it.
This has been the first Natsume made Harvest Moon where I couldn't decide between more than two of the bachelors or just going for the most appealing/least annoying one. They all are pretty good and imho are more romantic than POOT's candidates at least until they patch that game.
Also feel the characters have better facial expressions compared to POOT.
I also love the design of the female mc!
nightshade2010
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

its odd that the game that was going to be the worst hm related game ever has a more positive reception than what would be the official one is getting
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

nightshade2010 wrote:its odd that the game that was going to be the worst hm related game ever has a more positive reception than what would be the official one is getting
I thought the same thing myself. How is that going, anyway? I feel like I heard about it's rough Japanese launch and there would be patches, but I haven't heard anything since.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

It is odd, and I bought and cleared both myself, lol. As I've noted in some other threads, I had low expectations for One World, but decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. In contrast, after Trio and the FOMT remake I had really high hopes for PoOT, and was disappointed by how meh I felt about it when I actually played it. Presently I have lent both games out to my little brothers and their wives, so it will be interesting to see what their impressions are since they are not veteran virtual farmers.
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I want to get back into this game. Does anyone know if they’ve addressed the glitch of the crazy short animal lifespans? I really don’t want to lose my little fox :(