How do I Not mutate base crops?

Where're the crops?! Searching the world for seed wisps on Nintendo Switch, Steam Ps4, and Xbox. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Mar 2021. EU release = Mar 2021.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I need lots of potatoes and corn for animal feed but they keep morphing randomly. Tried growing them all over and some still mutate.

Same for all the base crops like lettuce, watermelon, pumpkins, etc. The mutations are good but I'd like to unlock the seeds so I can grow a huge field of one crop.

Tried in the zone the wisps are found and that doesn't work always. Tried starving them of fertilizer but sometimes I'll lose the crop entirely. What do?
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I've had that problem. :/ The only consistent solution I've found is to grow the crops in a climate they're not suited for. (Just make sure to double check in your bag before you plant.) I can't remember for sure if it's a 0% chance of mutations but it's definitely very low.

If you're anxious (even just for the first crop) about losing them I'd say throw some fertilizer on, but corn/potato especially should be hearty enough to survive I think.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks for the tips!