Crashes and other funky performance stuff

Poot Poot Poot! A mainline Bokumono game set in a resort town that wants to be more resort-y. Available for Nintendo Switch, Steam/PC, and Ps4/5. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2021. NA = Mar 2021. EU = Mar 2021.
stoicsquirrel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

thecrimsonrabbit wrote:I've been playing since launch. I tend to just sleep mode my game and I have only had one infinite loading screen, but I have now had TWO separate incidents where I was unable to pick up items. The first time was a chicken egg I didn't have room for. I ran around pressing A (after making room) and the game just acted like I wasn't doing anything. The second time was trying to pick a wild sunflower that I did have room for. Both times, I immediately saved and closed totally out of the game. Upon reloading that file, I was able to pick them up like nothing happened.

Has this happened to anyone else? This file is only in mid-summer with limited paths. I'm starting to get a bit of controller drift on that joycon, so it might be time for a new one anyways.
I had that happen to me once, and I was about to panic, then my Pro Controller died. As soon as I turned on a fully charged controller, everything was back to normal. Is it possible your Joy-Con was almost dead?
Nikooru-sama
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

So I'm sure everyone had problems with the lag, and from what I've seen in these forums - crashing and all sorts of glitches. Thank « Harvest Goddess » I haven't had a crash, but its been very close!

Now that I played the game for a few days after the first update; it ran a bit better the first couple real life days, but I think the lag came back and got worse???? Is that just me??

Before update: there were certain spots that caused bad lag - Area 1 from house to first Mine I had a few ingot, jewel and brick makers - the lag was so-so. From the house going south/towards the bridge to Area 2 - lag was real bad because I had 5-6 normal sprinklers just south of the house, on the way to the bridge was the Mount stable, lag was also bad.
Over the bridge into Area 2 had 4 of milk and wool product makers altogether with Big Barn and Big Coop next to them - the lag was really awful when going through the makers. Then below the Barn and Coop were fruit trees in a single line (1 of each kind of fruit, so 12 trees?) and the lag was so so bad. Area 3 was just all round bad because of the wild nature spawns.

Now after update: most of these lags lessened a bit, but didn't disappear. And then after 2 irl days some of these spots (mostly Area 1) had gotten WORSE. And so many stopped frames. So. Many.

So I cried and stopped playing the game for a few days now because I'm getting frustrated with the intense lag this time round lol
Last edited by Nikooru-sama on Apr 14, 2021 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nanami
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Since the latest update I have less lag in general, but now instead I have 1-2 second freezes, especially when selecting items to go in makers, opening my bag, and using storage chests. However, I also get these short freezes just walking around the farm sometimes.

It really scares me because I think every little freeze is a precursor to a crash. It's very nerve-wracking. :/ I think I actually preferred the generalized slowness and lag.
x:MCR>.<SKY:x
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I have two glitches happening. First, when I ring the bell to send my animals out, only one comes out. I have to enter and exit the building for everyone to appear outside.

Second, I’ve discovered that when the Mayor posts a request for a few items in the town hall, if I just fulfill one of the requests it automatically completes the rest of the requests and doesn’t take any material from me. So the salon and its extension, the roads, the next benches, etc., didn’t cost me anything. This sounds great but I honestly don’t love it. I like the challenge of building up material and this just feels like cheating to me.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

1. That's not actually a glitch. If you wait long enough the rest do come out, just crazy slow and waiting for the previous animal to get out of the way. Bad design choice for sure though. Kind of the polar opposite of the uniblob animal rushing out of the barn in SoSFOMT, lol. I usually just ring all the bells, then go into the coop to get the eggs anyway, so everyone is out when I come out.

2. That's actually a "feature" this time. Not a fan of it myself.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

1. Move the big animals to a lower position in the barn notebook so they don't block the entrance. They're just slow going outside.

2. Good thing the mayor requests was only 1 of 3 things listed. My sheep made a wool+ once which I promptly used and hasn't made anymore in over 2 years. I got it done with like 200 deluxe fodder, which was bad enough.
x:MCR>.<SKY:x
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Murasaki wrote:1. Move the big animals to a lower position in the barn notebook so they don't block the entrance. They're just slow going outside.

2. Good thing the mayor requests was only 1 of 3 things listed. My sheep made a wool+ once which I promptly used and hasn't made anymore in over 2 years. I got it done with like 200 deluxe fodder, which was bad enough.
Thank you for that suggestion! I will give it a shot. The cow is definitely the animal blocking everyone, haha.