SoS: PoOT eShop Sale

Poot Poot Poot! A mainline Bokumono game set in a resort town that wants to be more resort-y. Available for Nintendo Switch, Steam/PC, and Ps4/5. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2021. NA = Mar 2021. EU = Mar 2021.
Sir Stardust
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

$39.99 by itself or $48.99 with the expansion pass. I won’t lie, it hurts a little bit. D;
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

A huge amount of games are on sale now thanks to Nintendo's post-E3 sale, in addition to Olive Town. Anyone looking to purchase anything would be advised to search their list out right now to see what might be significantly discounted.
Burning Spear
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Indeed, but those of us who preordered got the buffalo-costume bonus! <S>
Narase
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Burning Spear wrote:Indeed, but those of us who preordered got the buffalo-costume bonus! <S>
Not to mention I got plushie Buffy.

Seriously though....this always happens with games. E3 or not. My personal policy has always been "If there's no limited ed. or pre-order bonus I rather wait for price drops, even if price drops are several months away"

I mean, I do have some exceptions to that....but overall less pain that way.

In any case, nice to see SoS included in post-e3 sale fest to hook some potential fans :P
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

That’s pretty tempting! But I think I’ll still hold out for August when all the dlc is out.
arlove
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Hello

What I am disappointed about the the dlc itself is not on sale.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

arlove wrote:Hello

Ahh, yes, you're right; that's a bit disappointing, that you can't get the DLC by itself on sale. I'm waiting anyway, and hoping that the game and DLC will go on sale again around Black Friday, since playing in winter (IRL, I mean) would be ideal for me. Plus at that point we'll probably have not only all the DLC but also all the updates they're aiming for. But it'd be nice if people who already own the game but have not yet bought the DLC could get a sale price, too.
Narase
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

It's unfortunate but I think the dlc was on sale a certain % for a limited time immediately after/around release. From what I've noticed....when dlc has a sale early on like that it never goes on sale like that [by itself] again... :(

I guess the assumption being if you got the game alone early on you can still purchase the dlc bundle separately (for slight discount as incentive) for limited time....But if you didn't get it early on you didn't get the game either so you'd get game+dlc in a bundle...
arlove
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Narase wrote:

It's unfortunate but I think the dlc was on sale a certain % for a limited time immediately after/around release. From what I've noticed....when dlc has a sale early on like that it never goes on sale like that [by itself] again... :(

I guess the assumption being if you got the game alone early on you can still purchase the dlc bundle separately (for slight discount as incentive) for limited time....But if you didn't get it early on you didn't get the game either so you'd get game+dlc in a bundle...[/quote]
Kikki wrote:

[quote="Kikki" Ahh, yes, you're right; that's a bit disappointing, that you can't get the DLC by itself on sale. I'm waiting anyway, and hoping that the game and DLC will go on sale again around Black Friday, since playing in winter (IRL, I mean) would be ideal for me. Plus at that point we'll probably have not only all the DLC but also all the updates they're aiming for. But it'd be nice if people who already own the game but have not yet bought the DLC could get a sale price, too.
Hope you can get it and play in (IRL) Winter :) A Black Friday sale would be great. With all the updates even better.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If you have Nintendo gold points it really does help. Sale or not.

I already gotten everything when it released though yes, for those who hadn’t gotten everything a sale on the pass itself would have been nice.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I am glad i waited, now i am gonna play having payed only 30 dollars (it's less expensive on Mexico's eshop and i had some golden coins stored).

Dunno if the dlc is ever going to get a discount, but i will wait before i buy it.

I don't usually buy dlc but since the base game was already so cheap, i might aswell buy it for once.

Still, it's always better to wait until all of the dlc is out. Not a good idea to buy something which you don't know much about.
Rancherita
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I had checked out the forums here for a while and was on the fence about PoOT, but with RF5 being pushed back to the end of the year, the discount did tempt me to pick it up in the final sale days, which thankfully coincided with 1.0.05 hitting North America, so I have been spared the pre-patch maker mayhem, which was my main caveat/concern. While maybe not my absolute favourite of the series, it's been pretty fun for me so far. I'm in Fall and have just unlocked the gold-spawning rocks across the bridge. It feels like I'm burning through the story pretty fast
Spoiler:
just got the town hall to look spiffy in red brick
The characters are also less generic that I'd feared (maybe thanks to the added dialogue from the patch?), so I'm happy about my purchase. I got the bundle with the pass, but I haven't gone to the additional areas yet (I guess I'm waiting until I get to know everyone in the regular town better? idk what's the holdout lol), but the costumes are a nice cosmetic add-on. Also, the mystery mission were nice and cute.