1.0.7 out in Japan (might be the last?)

Poot Poot Poot! A mainline Bokumono game set in a resort town that wants to be more resort-y. Available for Nintendo Switch, Steam/PC, and Ps4/5. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2021. NA = Mar 2021. EU = Mar 2021.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

1.0.7 appears to have been released in Japan. I don't know what all is in it but mostly it appears to be a 'story camera' and more emotions/expressions for villagers when talking. I think the story camera might just be improved camera direction, but I really don't know. I got the impression that maybe it lets you adjust the camera direction during dialogue?

This time there is no mention of a 1.0.8 update, nor does there appear to be even indirect reference to future updates. So this may be the last. I'm just guessing, though, since Google translate is pretty loose.

Oh, here are the patch notes.

And here is the letter from the producer.
Burning Spear
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

This https://youtu.be/kmZQCVC29PQ video from Play with Josh does a great job of demonstrating the close-up view. This is actually a nice addition that should at least partially satisfy the people who miss the portraits.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hey, that's great! That's all I need. I know some people just like portraits, and I do too, but...I just needed to see their faces to get a look at their personality (how they show expression when they talk) to be able to feel anything for any of them. This works, imo. Portraits are now not needed...you see their faces fully, now, and the changing expressions that portraits show (in non-animated fashion). I probably still have a preference for portraits as I find 3D art awkward-looking and 2D art more attractive, but that's just a style preference.

So, now we've gotten more dialogue from the dev team, we've gotten makers that no longer need to be babysat (they don't make product any faster, but you only need to fill them once per day at most, so you, the player, will spend much less time on makers because they only need a tenth of the attendance time) and we've got characters whose faces can be seen and whose expressions change every time they talk.

And they've improved loading times and pop-in and stuff a fair bit from the beginning, I think.

I would have loved if they had also expanded the shipping bin and overhauled storage to either work as one upgradable (eventually limitless) chest, or at least interlinked all the existing chests so that opening one gives you access to all. But I think that's the only major fix left I cared about. I'm not too bothered by the rapid regrowth of trees and rocks since you can put down ground cover to stop that (and the lag that ground cover caused early on has been repaired or improved.)

I think I'll be happy to play this, this autumn/winter. Be great for me if it goes on sale again sometime before then but I'll buy it even if it doesn't when time to play comes around. :)
iloverainbow
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Yup can't wait for this update to hit NA!

Hopefully there will be another update or fix please!

1. We really need to have more shipping bins like please have them in three different farm areas so we don't have to run around
2. Item sort function
3. Able to rotate furniture and put furniture on the carpet
Rancherita
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Wait, does the camera update mean that when I talk to a character, it'll automatically zoom in on them? Like, no more talking to Ralph just to get a view of nothing. but. trees?!?
iloverainbow
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Rancherita wrote:Wait, does the camera update mean that when I talk to a character, it'll automatically zoom in on them? Like, no more talking to Ralph just to get a view of nothing. but. trees?!?
Yup! but it only works when there's no "obstacle". You can check out the video posted at the home page.
Rancherita
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

iloverainbow wrote:Yup! but it only works when there's no "obstacle". You can check out the video posted at the home page.
Whoa, very cool! Thanks for the answer. I'll still need to watch for trees, but in the town and on the farm, this'll be great :)
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I’ve been waiting to purchase till the glitches were fixed. Might pick up now
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Face closeups are a blessing! Yes this is all I need XD
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

'Kay, Xseed has announced that 1.0.7 is coming out 'later this month'. So at most, a little under four weeks away.
iloverainbow
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Twitter post says later this month
Picture says available now
Blog post says at the end of this month

So what's the truth? lol

All jokes aside, I can't wait for this freaking update!!!