PoOT Q&A

Poot Poot Poot! A mainline Bokumono game set in a resort town that wants to be more resort-y. Available for Nintendo Switch, Steam/PC, and Ps4/5. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2021. NA = Mar 2021. EU = Mar 2021.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

go_ask_ashley wrote:Additionally, is there a need beyond unlocking the products in the encyclopedia to have 3 types of milk and two eggs? I'm thinking of reducing my animals kept to a small amount. The fluffies which are my favorite and one type of chicken lol
Buffalo Milk produces double Cheese, Goat Milk produces double Butter, and Silkie Eggs produce double Mayonnaise, so there is some profit to be made there, but otherwise it does not look like any story missions require Buffalo/Goat/Silkie products, and no recipes call for those either.
Kelpy
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

In regards to gliding, Raeger's started doing it for me lmao. Was definitely not expecting to see him glide from the edge of my tv screen over to the middle to lecture Marian and Giorgio that they couldn't take up all my time because they needed to save some time for him to spend with me as part of the 8 hearts event.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kelpy wrote:In regards to gliding, Raeger's started doing it for me lmao. Was definitely not expecting to see him glide from the edge of my tv screen over to the middle to lecture Marian and Giorgio that they couldn't take up all my time because they needed to save some time for him to spend with me as part of the 8 hearts event.
Now this is amusing lol
cooking anon
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

what is the best dish to cook to level the cooking skill? I hate myself and I'm trying to get all skills to level 10 (and also complete lovett's quests) but my cooking skill is still really low.
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

How is the child event triggered? Is it automatic or do you have to do something? On my first playthrough I’m definitely going for the kid, but I think maybe in subsequent ones I won’t. I don’t want to be forced into having one
MADHATTER
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

cooking anon wrote:what is the best dish to cook to level the cooking skill? I hate myself and I'm trying to get all skills to level 10 (and also complete lovett's quests) but my cooking skill is still really low.
i don't think specific dishes have any more or less effect on your cooking skills, you just have to do it a lot lol. i thiiiink maybe cooking recipes for the first time might net you more exp? also using high-quality ingredients got me to 9 in like a year lol
RodCopper Fishin wrote:How is the child event triggered? Is it automatic or do you have to do something? On my first playthrough I’m definitely going for the kid, but I think maybe in subsequent ones I won’t. I don’t want to be forced into having one
it's automatic. the events are staggered to happen in between other post-marriage stuff so unfortunately if you get married you're kinda stuck with the baby the sprites decide to give you
Rancherita
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

One of my pet cats has starting gliding actoss the floor of the house on her back (belly up), and it was... weirdly entertaining.
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Thanks for letting me know, madhatter. Although it’s kind of a bummer! I very much prefer when there’s something you have to do to unlock children. Be it an event or house extension, as long as they’re not a given and players always have a choice.
HM Grammy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

So I am beginning to get deeper in the game. I have a question about breeding animals. When I do an internet search and read the guides there, I have seen it mentioned a couple times this comment (or very similar) "take note that you can only do breeding once for both the chickens & livestocks" HUH??? Does that mean I have to keep buying cows and raising them to level 10 f/h? (because that gets old fast!) Or is that their weird way of saying you can only breed 1 set at a time? And if I want to go do say a 3rd generation do both cows have to be 2nd generation?
MADHATTER
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

HM Grammy wrote:So I am beginning to get deeper in the game. I have a question about breeding animals. When I do an internet search and read the guides there, I have seen it mentioned a couple times this comment (or very similar) "take note that you can only do breeding once for both the chickens & livestocks" HUH??? Does that mean I have to keep buying cows and raising them to level 10 f/h? (because that gets old fast!) Or is that their weird way of saying you can only breed 1 set at a time? And if I want to go do say a 3rd generation do both cows have to be 2nd generation?
you can only breed one animal per barn at once. so if you have three large barns, you can apply a breeding kit to 3 animals, provided they are each in a different barn.

additionally, you don't actually have to get them up to 10 gens. cows and goats start producing level 10 milk at, like, gen 5 or 6, and buffalo at a level or two above that. you also don't really have to breed your wool animals at all since there aren't any benefits that i can see beyond a slight increase in the percentage you'll get +1 product when you shear them.
HM Grammy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

MADHATTER wrote: you can only breed one animal per barn at once. so if you have three large barns, you can apply a breeding kit to 3 animals, provided they are each in a different barn.

additionally, you don't actually have to get them up to 10 gens. cows and goats start producing level 10 milk at, like, gen 5 or 6, and buffalo at a level or two above that. you also don't really have to breed your wool animals at all since there aren't any benefits that i can see beyond a slight increase in the percentage you'll get +1 product when you shear them.
Awesome thank you so much!
nightshade2010
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

so is there a "game-breaking " crop or product that makes buying things easier?

Like in ap it was flax yarn in btn it was pineapples ..... and eggplants and yams (due to how fast they regrew)
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yup. Mushrooms are the easiest, then it’s honey.
HM Grammy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

So is there something that raises your animal care skill faster? I have 5 coop animals and 4 barn animals and the animal care just barely crawls upward. I always pat them an extra time to insure that I don't miss anything but without a brush or treats. . . .
Spoiler:
The brown alpaca disappears at the end of spring and you can't get it unless you have a minimum of 7 animal care. On the 19th of Spring my AC is 5.4. In Magical Melody the cow could win the first cow festival by raising it above 7 hearts if you got your animal before the egg festival. In SoS1 it was having people come in to visit your farm and interact with your animals (if memory serves that was true for ANB also.) Is there something similar for PoOT?
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Not that I recall? Though it’s really easy to raise animal care IMO