PoOT Q&A

Poot Poot Poot! A mainline Bokumono game set in a resort town that wants to be more resort-y. Available for Nintendo Switch, Steam/PC, and Ps4/5. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2021. NA = Mar 2021. EU = Mar 2021.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Maybe you have a glitchy copy, unless…. *goes to do a test save*
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

hanajimaismycat wrote: I was trying to organize my chests by placing an empty chest to start the arduous task of shuffling/sorting my inventory and it wouldn't let me place it in either area. No idea how to bypass it.

Back to trio of towns until RF5 comes out I guess :?
There is a limit to the number of the same type of chest you can have out on your farm. If you check the item description for the chest, you'll see that it says "Up to 10 can be set at a time." So you hit that 10-item limit for the type of chest you want to place on your farm. If you put down a different type that doesn't have 10 others out, then I bet you'll find success.

Example: You have 10 Wooden Item Boxes out. You now can't put any more Wooden Item Boxes out on your farm, but you can put out a Stone Item Box if you don't already have 10 Stone Item Boxes out.
Briarwyn
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Is it too soon to ask what the daughter and son of the main farmer would look like, as babies and as children?
Burning Spear
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Cherubae wrote:There is a limit to the number of the same type of chest you can have out on your farm. If you check the item description for the chest, you'll see that it says "Up to 10 can be set at a time." So you hit that 10-item limit for the type of chest you want to place on your farm. If you put down a different type that doesn't have 10 others out, then I bet you'll find success.

Example: You have 10 Wooden Item Boxes out. You now can't put any more Wooden Item Boxes out on your farm, but you can put out a Stone Item Box if you don't already have 10 Stone Item Boxes out.
Remember when you had a toolbox, a shelf and a refrigerator and that was all you needed?
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Briarwyn wrote:Is it too soon to ask what the daughter and son of the main farmer would look like, as babies and as children?
They take after the main character.

Cherubae wrote:
hanajimaismycat wrote: I was trying to organize my chests by placing an empty chest to start the arduous task of shuffling/sorting my inventory and it wouldn't let me place it in either area. No idea how to bypass it.

There is a limit to the number of the same type of chest you can have out on your farm. If you check the item description for the chest, you'll see that it says "Up to 10 can be set at a time." So you hit that 10-item limit for the type of chest you want to place on your farm. If you put down a different type that doesn't have 10 others out, then I bet you'll find success.

Wait I didn’t know that. But they said they can’t lay down anything on their farm though?
hanajimaismycat
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Cherubae wrote:

ah thanks much, that is most likely it. I will try again in a bit but thought it wouldn't let me put down a new maker either.
hanajimaismycat
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Burning Spear wrote:
Cherubae wrote:There is a limit to the number of the same type of chest you can have out on your farm. If you check the item description for the chest, you'll see that it says "Up to 10 can be set at a time." So you hit that 10-item limit for the type of chest you want to place on your farm. If you put down a different type that doesn't have 10 others out, then I bet you'll find success.

Remember when you had a toolbox, a shelf and a refrigerator and that was all you needed?
Yes!

I'm really having a hard time with the clunky inventory management in PoOT :(
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Each maker has a limit of 20. I know that. Especially since I literally have a factory farm XD
go_ask_ashley
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I have a question regarding animals:

Is it necessary or is there a benefit to owning a brown, black and spotted cow?

Same with the two types of goats.

Additionally, is there a need beyond unlocking the products in the encyclopedia to have 3 types of milk and two eggs? I'm thinking of reducing my animals kept to a small amount. The fluffies which are my favorite and one type of chicken lol
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don’t think it makes a difference. The milk and eggs are buyable anyway
go_ask_ashley
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:I don’t think it makes a difference. The milk and eggs are buyable anyway
Thank-you! Time for reduction!
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No problem.
Sir Stardust
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Was this already a thing and I didn’t notice, was it something that broke sometimes between 1.0.5-1.0.6, or has something gone wrong with my copy of the game? My farmer has started sliding/gliding into place in events rather than walking. It’s not exactly game-breaking, but it’s definitely distracting and off-putting, lol.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

From launch day, people have been posting occasional videos of characters gliding rather than walking. One person glid at their own wedding ceremony, even down the stairs. Cherubae posted a picture of one of the male characters (I don't remember who) gliding in town. I remember because of the cute response of not knowing him to be such a 'smooth walker', lol. Anyway, it's definitely not a new thing, though that's not to say that it didn't get caused, for you, by an update. It definitely could have.
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Some of the villagers and candidates likes/loves gemstones, how do I find those exactly? Are they ingots or just raw materials I need help please.

Nevermind, I got the answer on Discord from PRT (it’s raw materials.)
Last edited by Harvest Moon Kid on Jul 19, 2021 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.