* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 20, 2021 9:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

iloverainbow
Post Posted: Mar 06, 2021 7:30 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

I do! I will always try to customize the character as close to what I look like in real life. So same « Chicken Hugging » marriages and such is so important to me while playing the game!

How about you? Do you have a particular someone in mind while playing?

Solar Wind
Post Posted: Mar 06, 2021 10:35 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

I kind of imagine my farmer to be a more idealized version of myself, that fits into the series. In real life, I'm nowhere near as hard-working, well-dressed or knowledgeable about ranching or winemaking. (I always like making wine and giving it out to other players online, like I'm a professional. Does PoOT have wine-making?)

Mikodesu
Post Posted: Mar 06, 2021 11:33 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

I have in the past! :) There's something unique and special about throwing yourself into that mindset, as if you were in the game world.

But these days I try to pick one of my characters and role play as them. It can be interesting, and sometimes I pick up new things to develop the character while having fun. Win-win!

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 07, 2021 2:42 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

No, I've never thought of my player character as 'me'. I always create them as their own character. (I also never put my own name in when playing otoges; I always use the character's default name, because I don't imagine it as *my* romance...I'm definitely reading someone else's story. I probably wouldn't like otoges at all if I had to imagine the main character was actually me, lol.)

Simply Unknown
Post Posted: Mar 07, 2021 5:05 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

No, I usually have a lot more fun with the game when I create an entirely new character and watch their own story unfold. Usually, I end up creating at least 4 different characters for unique personalities, reactions, and it evolved into different sexualities as I got older and learned more about them. It works for me since it keeps me from avoiding bachelors/bachelorettes based on my personal preferences, as I'm thinking more about the farmer's perspectives, not my own. I definitely wouldn't have gone for Lisette if my farmer hadn't developed a thing for her, but that lead to her becoming my favorite bachelorette of Trio of Towns.

K8sMum
Post Posted: Mar 07, 2021 7:22 am 
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

I always play as my late daughter who adored HM games.

Nanami
Post Posted: Mar 07, 2021 11:32 am 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

K8sMum wrote:
I always play as my late daughter who adored HM games.

That's so sweet. What a good way to honor your daughter.

As for me, I never play as myself in any games, and especially not SoS. I would not enjoy farming in real life, and I would hate mining or fishing. So, the only activities I would enjoy would be cooking and talking with the townspeople, which would make the game both boring and impossible to progress. I prefer to make a character who looks nothing like me and has an entirely different name, and enjoy playing out their fictional life. The only thing I do according to my real life preferences is that I only buy pet cats (usually ones who look similar to ones I've had IRL).

I don't even end up marrying characters similar to who I would choose IRL. Some of my favorite marriage candidates differ wildly in appearance and personality, after all. Eunice, Candace, Yuzuki, Karina, Cinnamon... I guess the only constant is that I almost always choose bachelorettes and I always go for someone who's kindhearted straight from when you meet them.

gaeplum
Post Posted: Mar 07, 2021 11:51 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Nah. I set my name/birthday/appearance (where possible) to that of my child from the previous game, but I play pretty normally otherwise. No deep RP or anything, just doing what I like.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Mar 07, 2021 12:03 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yes and no. Yes, I use my name and such, but I personally don’t see myself as a farmer more like a sibling of the MC or a friend who moves In.
Spoiler:
Like in my fanfics. In Nobody gets me like you I’m Henry’s adopted sister while in Second chance I’m more like my handicapped self on Annie’s farm. Probably in PoOT I’m going to follow what I had in second chance and follow Raeger or something lol.

pippi
Post Posted: Mar 07, 2021 3:30 pm 
Anonymous Fish

If I play as a female character, then yeah, I guess I imagine myself as the farmer when playing HM/SoS games. In fact, in any games that allow making my own character, if I play as female, then I'll make my 'alter ego'.

For the last two SoS titles that allows me to have same gender relationship, and because I'm quite a yaoi fan, I make and play as male character, and usually I make them based on my fav characters from other games ^^;

cinnamon_yuki
Post Posted: Mar 07, 2021 3:41 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

The only similarity I have with player character is their birthday. I don't use my RL name in all of my games that allow name customization, it feels awkward to me. In games with choices, they will always share my thought process though (the reason I can't do evil or mean character in games with choices).

I guess I mixed of self insert and RP.

Raven Mist
Post Posted: Mar 07, 2021 4:21 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

I always do! And this time, I might try it differently.

AcornLady404
Post Posted: Mar 07, 2021 4:35 pm 
Anonymous Fish

I always play as myself, idealized of course.

Though my middle kid is usually the opposite gender.

MADHATTER
Post Posted: Mar 08, 2021 12:33 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

no, i make characters

but i cannot muster up the interest in heterosexual relationship drama so ssm is still important to me as a gay woman lol

RodCopper Fishin
Post Posted: Mar 09, 2021 2:14 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

I always make a new original character. If I can connect them to my other characters from past games, that’s a plus