Anyone else waiting for DLC marriage candidates??

Poot Poot Poot! A mainline Bokumono game set in a resort town that wants to be more resort-y. Available for Nintendo Switch, Steam/PC, and Ps4/5. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2021. NA = Mar 2021. EU = Mar 2021.

Who do you have your eyes on??

You may select 1 option

View results

Saffy
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I'm... really not that into any of the guys Olive town has to offer...I was thinking I'd have to choose between a bunch I just wasnt enthused about...cuz I do like to marry in each game. But when I saw the dlc candidates revealed, I was ecstatic!! I am beyond happy to see that Ludus is a cameo AND marriage candidate! I get to be with my last husband again, and maybe even a new look for him?? But more than that, more dialogue's beyond trio! I'm super excited! :heart:
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hmm...how to answer? I AM waiting for the DLC, but not specifically because of the candidates. I just want as many update/improvements and as much content as possible to be in before I start playing. I've noticed that there are two camps that people end up falling into. Some of us can get excited about diving back into a game that gets more content (or etc) or even really like the idea of seeing for themselves how it was originally versus how it feels after there's even more to the game.

But there area also people who naturally get soured on a game that doesn't feel complete to them, and then permanently lose their desire to go back to it. I believe I fall more into the latter camp than the former, and my type is smarter to wait. A bad first impression would ruin me on the game so I am waiting. Plus with the lack of harvest festivals and so on, I feel like this game will have very low replay value for me, so I need to wait until all my options are available so I can choose the best guy to marry from my first go.
Eurydike
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I haven’t really focused on the bachelors yet, the game gives me so much to do that I barely interact with them! I will probably marry late in this game, so if I play normally and in the speed I am currently playing, at least a few DLC candidates will be out once I am interested in marrying. Then I will see. I might go for Neil because I did not play ANB but liked what I have seen of him. However, it really depends on how the DLC bachelors are included in the game and how their personalities are. So while I am open for everything, I am not really waiting for the DLC, just doing what feels right and fun. Maybe I will also go with Damon, I like his theme song! :lala:
Dropturvey
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I'm also waiting for the DLC candidates. I know that I will prefer a more patched game, and so I'm happy to wait. Well not exactly happy, but knowing my playing preference, the better it runs the more chance I'll stick with it.
Initially the idea of being patient until June seemed arduous, but now with the improvements that are coming down the line it's more palatable.
SakuraMota
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I married Damon, but I'll be doing a file for Neil. Either way, I'm getting an animal-centered tsundere, lol.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Told myself I'd wait for Iris and the June DLC... and let me tell you, that's hard! For now the game and season pass have been bought but not played. Not caved in so far. With the announcement of the patches and how they are gonna fix makers, dialogue and loading times waiting seems to be a good idea.

Just wish I'd get to see the hilarious loading pictures people keep talking about :D
Chaos_44
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I would probably prefer Ludus over the other current bachelors but I think I'm still gonna get married and "finish up" my current playthough, and then actually it could be fun to make a new file (or just continue playing my OG file and do a divorce, depending on how the game continues to update) and aim for a DLC bachelor like Ludus since I never married anyone in 3oT anyway and he is a top choice of mine.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

In a way, yes? While I can’t wait for Raeger I don’t think I can actually wait until June for marriage XD so I’m letting Damon and Jack fight over me in this file.
Saffy

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Hmm...how to answer? I AM waiting for the DLC, but not specifically because of the candidates. I just want as many update/improvements and as much content as possible to be in before I start playing. I've noticed that there are two camps that people end up falling into. Some of us can get excited about diving back into a game that gets more content (or etc) or even really like the idea of seeing for themselves how it was originally versus how it feels after there's even more to the game.

But there area also people who naturally get soured on a game that doesn't feel complete to them, and then permanently lose their desire to go back to it. I believe I fall more into the latter camp than the former, and my type is smarter to wait. A bad first impression would ruin me on the game so I am waiting. Plus with the lack of harvest festivals and so on, I feel like this game will have very low replay value for me, so I need to wait until all my options are available so I can choose the best guy to marry from my first go.
I am definitely the first option. I am having fun seeing the fixes as they happen. I think it's neat~! I feel like I'm experiencing the change more because I knew what it was like before! But I can understand people's first impressions souring the game if it's a poor one, for sure. So I do think it's smart to wait so you guys can enjoy the game to when you start playing! (Plus, all the cool tips and tricks you can pick up in the meantime :) )
Shan O 123 wrote:In a way, yes? While I can’t wait for Raeger I don’t think I can actually wait until June for marriage XD so I’m letting Damon and Jack fight over me in this file.
My love for Ludus helps me wait XD And may the best man win!!! :lol:
SakuraMota wrote:I married Damon, but I'll be doing a file for Neil. Either way, I'm getting an animal-centered tsundere, lol.
I kind of figured it would come down to this :lol: Neil vs Damon and tbh, I am team Neil all the way! I played ANB (AND I LOVED IT LIKE OMG YES.) And neil was pretty adorable. I think damon is a little mean honestly.. like.. not the "aww what a tsun!" kind of mean, ACTUAL mean :o

Its really nice to see I'm not alone in waiting for the dlc candidates to come to town :wink: I figure most people would just make another file since there are plenty this time, but I couldnt bring myself to do it lol... Plus I miss Ludus. He is an all time favorite for me next to the wizard from Animal Parade.
SakuraMota
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Saffy wrote:I kind of figured it would come down to this :lol: Neil vs Damon and tbh, I am team Neil all the way! I played ANB (AND I LOVED IT LIKE OMG YES.) And neil was pretty adorable. I think damon is a little mean honestly.. like.. not the "aww what a tsun!" kind of mean, ACTUAL mean :o

Its really nice to see I'm not alone in waiting for the dlc candidates to come to town :wink: I figure most people would just make another file since there are plenty this time, but I couldnt bring myself to do it lol... Plus I miss Ludus. He is an all time favorite for me next to the wizard from Animal Parade.
I can say that he does get better with time. He can be pretty cute at times after marriage. The dialogue still needs improving, but his little romance lines are sweet, and he gets better in his events, too.

I'm bummed we only get one person per gender per game. Hinata was my fav in Trio, and I'd marry him again in a heartbeat if he was back. =m=
Saffy

Post  Posted:

SakuraMota wrote:I can say that he does get better with time. He can be pretty cute at times after marriage. The dialogue still needs improving, but his little romance lines are sweet, and he gets better in his events, too.

I'm bummed we only get one person per gender per game. Hinata was my fav in Trio, and I'd marry him again in a heartbeat if he was back. =m=
Aww :(
Hinata was a really kind person, and I enjoyed talking to him whenever I went to their village. Plus, he was really good with kiddies which is always a plus and had a really fun personality. I would like to see him again too, actually~ But I am glad to hear that Damon softens up... it makes me curious about his future dialogues. :)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I wonder if Neil's rougher manner of speaking will be returned to him in Olive Town. Natsume toned it down when localizing ANB, from what I know; he had a rougher or cruder way of speaking in Japanese, no? Since it's Xseed doing the localizing this time, if they kept his personality the same for this game (though I dunno, since it's Three Rings that made this) I think they'll retain that.

I'm kind of curious how true the DLC candidates will be to the personalities they had in their original games, though, since there probably aren't any of the same writers on the dev team. Though since they're adding more dialogue...well, I just don't know what to expect.
Nikooru-sama
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I've had many thoughts about if I will go for PoOT bachelors (specifically Damon and Iori) since they're part of this game, OR try and woo the DLC bachelors once they get released.

I never finished playing ANB or SoS1 or even got to marry yet in those games, so I am very tempted with Neil and Raeger (surprisingly the exact bachelors I wanted to date in their respective games). I would've gone back to playing the 3DS games just so I can actually marry them in the games they're from and continue to pursue Damon and/or Iori for PoOT.

But uhhhh my house was on fire last month so I don't have my 3DS's anymore/at the moment :( I got my Switch out quickly, hence why I'm able to play PoOT and OW. I know that all my stuff is somewhat intact but I can't have access to go back to the house anytime soon.

ANYHOO. I'm still debating what to do on who I'll date in PoOT, so we shall see xD
Saffy

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:I'm kind of curious how true the DLC candidates will be to the personalities they had in their original games, though, since there probably aren't any of the same writers on the dev team. Though since they're adding more dialogue...well, I just don't know what to expect.
Now this, I am really curious about. It's exciting but at the same time, I'd be sad if ludus wasn't himself anymore. I feel like no one is entirely unchanging so to that end, having some difference would be fun and feel more real, but keep his key traits. And regarding Neil, you've certainly made me curious about more accurate translations! :shifty:
Nikooru-sama wrote:I've had many thoughts about if I will go for PoOT bachelors (specifically Damon and Iori) since they're part of this game, OR try and woo the DLC bachelors once they get released.

I never finished playing ANB or SoS1 or even got to marry yet in those games, so I am very tempted with Neil and Raeger (surprisingly the exact bachelors I wanted to date in their respective games). I would've gone back to playing the 3DS games just so I can actually marry them in the games they're from and continue to pursue Damon and/or Iori for PoOT.

But uhhhh my house was on fire last month so I don't have my 3DS's anymore/at the moment :( I got my Switch out quickly, hence why I'm able to play PoOT and OW. I know that all my stuff is somewhat intact but I can't have access to go back to the house anytime soon.

ANYHOO. I'm still debating what to do on who I'll date in PoOT, so we shall see xD
I'm so sorry to hear about your house .. That must have been awful but most important take away is that you're safe :heart: Very happy your belongings are fine for the most part as well~ :) And I'm glad your previous love interests are returning and you get a second chance!!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

When I was in college, my best friend's house burned down. She lost everything...nothing was salvageable, even the things that didn't burn...they were so thoroughly sodden with smoke that the smell never came out. I think they might have managed to save a handful of less-flammable objects that weren't fabric, and thus could eventually have the fire damage cleared...maybe a few pieces of jewelry or something...but I don't think my friend got any of her stuff back. Books, clothes, her childhood toy collections like all her original My Little Pony(s), etc...all gone forever. She still sighs a little sigh when she thinks of the awesome clothing she had those twenty years ago.

It's great that you were able to save your Switch. I hope you had mostly digital games, or that your games were stored in a case with the Switch you were able to grab, or something like that. Most importantly I hope no people or pets were lost or harmed.

~

Saffy...I am dying of curiosity, if I let myself think about it. Returnees are not unusual, but I don't know if we've ever had such a completely new team working on a game with returnees before. Plus they're using a different person to write the new dialogue in Japan...they said so specifically, that the writer is not the same one that wrote what is already in Olive Town. So I'm mega-curious about how the DLC characters are going to be, in particular. Neil is of the most interest to me, because I wish Natsume had let him retain his 'delinquent' tone when they localized the game, instead of softening him to the point where he was nothing more than a slightly brusque tsundere.

ANB may be my favourite Bokumono game, and Sanjay has always been my lightning-strike, perfect-for-me guy, but if they'd localized Neil to be truer to his original delinquent self, I think he'd have been a better contender for my interest, so I'm very curious how he'll be this time, now that he's being written by someone else in Japan AND in North America...I really just don't know.
Last edited by Kikki on Apr 08, 2021 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.