Only one games saved at a time.

Poot Poot Poot! A mainline Bokumono game set in a resort town that wants to be more resort-y. Available for Nintendo Switch, Steam/PC, and Ps4/5. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2021. NA = Mar 2021. EU = Mar 2021.
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Boy, did I screw up. I hadn't played for a few days and started a new game with a boy mc to get the rhythm of gameplay back. I didn't realise that a new game erases the previous game.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

That’s only the autosave, you have multiple save slots to save manually.
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I know. But the manual saves from the first game appear to be gone.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, seems like that's the thing. Multiple saves of the same game but if you hit New Game, it's all overwritten.

Kinda messed up...pretty sure older HMs had the ability to have multiple Files of the game. Actually not sure since I never restarted any HM game unless the game screwed up and wiped me out (that happened). Games are being weird nowadays with the same cartridge starting new games on different Switch consoles. That annoys me too.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Good to know; if you want to start a new file without losing your original, I guess we have to use another Switch profile to start the new game.
Kelpy
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Wait. Wait. In what way does that even make sense for them to give multiple save slots but only allow one actual save file??? If there's multiple save slots they should have allowed multiple saved games, not one single file in multiple slots, that completely defeats the point of multiple save slots???
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

It doesn't make sense, but it's yet another weird decision by Marvelous. I understand they farmed the game out but it seems as if they were completely hands off. Strange way to handle a game that's supposed to be an anniversary salute.

Games generally give some sort of warning that your game is going to be deleted. Not in PoOT.
stoicsquirrel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Just to confirm, before I got very far in the game, my husband tried to make a character under his Nintendo account on our shared Switch. He was able to make his own character under his profile, however he was forced to save the game to one of the same 10 save files that I was using for my character under my profile. Since Marvelous gave us 10 save files it wasn’t a big deal (I use the first five, he uses the last five), but the auto-save gets overridden by whoever happens to be playing at the time. That makes the auto save essentially useless, since we can’t rely on it even being our own save.

Figured I’d pass that info along to anyone sharing their Switch with other family members. I could see this being a major problem for folks with several kids on the same system.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Murasaki wrote:Yeah, seems like that's the thing. Multiple saves of the same game but if you hit New Game, it's all overwritten.
Can it be a bug? I restarted but I swear that my old file was still there because I remembered double checking something in my old file. I can’t double check though since I didn’t want my old file so I overwrote it. That seems like quite an oversight if it’s not a bug.
*LaI*
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

It seems that you hit a very weird bug. I just tried to replicate it and I have 2 saves for different profiles and can load them both separately without issue. The only thing that got overwritten was the autosave, as expected.
Spoiler:
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

When you say different profiles do you mean for the Switch or the game?
AcornLady404
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

K8sMum wrote:When you say different profiles do you mean for the Switch or the game?
Both my daughter and I have seperate Switch profiles, have played the game and have had seperate save slots (we each have our own 10).

On my switch profile there are at least 2 games going right now (upper 4 for one game bottom 3 for another).

I have a digital copy, my switch appears to be full but my online account has plenty of room. Maybe these are factors too? My autosave does save the last day of the last person playing (however if you save and don't go to the next day then there is no autosave for that day you played.)

I hope this helps... Best of luck to everyone!!
*LaI*
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

K8sMum wrote:When you say different profiles do you mean for the Switch or the game?
One switch profile. I made a screenshot of the loading screen, it's in the spoiler tag, it shows the saves for 2 different characters.

Don't know if it makes a difference, I have the EU version, physical.
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

The simplest solution for me was to make another profile on my Switch. I just wish I'd known before. No harm done, live and learn.

But I will save the girl mc game to play when all the dlc is released.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Could have sworn I seen someone on YouTube with two separate game files....

It might be a bug, I only have one main file I’ll see about testing this since I have digital and I’m the only one who uses my switch.