Possible dumb question

Poot Poot Poot! A mainline Bokumono game set in a resort town that wants to be more resort-y. Available for Nintendo Switch, Steam/PC, and Ps4/5. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2021. NA = Mar 2021. EU = Mar 2021.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

PenguinClubHarvest wrote:I've seen a lot of people basically just decorate their farm into looking like a pretty scenic park. Eventually you get to craft benches and lamps and other decor. Filling up the farm with park paths, and then sections for growing crops, harvesting honey and mushrooms, etc. The trees and rocks and grass that wanna sprout up end up really only growing on the edges of the farm. Only issues I've had is directly in front of the animal barn/coop, for the animals to graze and get outside they need empty space, and that space tends to get filled with the grass and trees in my experience. Thankfully the saplings and grass don't interfer with my animals being able to get out of the barn, but the area is just cluttered.

Personally I let the saplings grow to a "half tree" then its just one axe swing for some wood. less stamina (I'd assume) and you get something out of it rather than smacking three times with a hammer lol

I think the biggest issue for me would be when they spawn in a place that obscures your vision, so putting paths down could just be for areas in front of crops and buildings, but not so much behind or between them.

I kind of like layout challenges, so I don't know if I'd mind the seedlings that much. Maybe? I assume stone and/or wood paths unlock relatively early rather than being something you only get end-game.

One swing entirely gets rid of a half-grown tree? If so, that's a good tip. :)
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, if there’s a seedling that you don’t want you actually can use your hammer. Though keep in mind that a hammer also can destroy actual crops and fields too
eggegg
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I've been planning on making my farm areas 'scenic' once I get around to it. For my second area, I've put all my mushroom logs down in rows of five, and then put a stone path between the rows for ease of access. Then I have summer and autumn trees leading from the beach to right before the mine, with a path between them. On the other side I'm working on putting bee hives in rows of five, similar to my mushrooms.

Eventually I'm going to put spore makers and maybe some honey makers down below my mushroom logs and bee farms. But it's a good way to make certain areas pretty.

Fences and stone paths really help too. And those cheap tiki torches. I've made the bear statue and a cow topiary to save space in other areas. I'm sure that once they do more optimization the ability to put decorations on the floor will make everyone's sanity improve.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

But it takes 3 whacks with a hammer to get rid of a seedling and you get no lumber for it, versus 1 whack of an axe to chop down a half-grown tree to nothing and you get a bit of lumber? Did I misunderstand?
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:But it takes 3 whacks with a hammer to get rid of a seedling and you get no lumber for it, versus 1 whack of an axe to chop down a half-grown tree and you get a bit of lumber? Did I misunderstand?
No you’re right. If you wait until the tree grows, you do get logs. However, the amount of swings with your axe depends on the type of axe it is AND the type of tree you’re chopping.
PenguinClubHarvest
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

maybe I upgraded my axe super early (currently at gold in year two) but iirc if its not full grown it only takes one, maybe two swings of the axe. once its full grown or at the point where it'll have a stump it'll take a couple depending on the tree.

regardless of how upgraded the hammer is it takes three swings always, and no lumber retrieval.